bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I have a confession  (Read 9372 times)

EKnight

I have a confession
« on: October 07, 2009, 10:40:42 PM »

I have been thinking about posting this for some time now and just couldn't bring myself to admit it aloud.  I need prayers as I can feel myself drifting away from here, God, bible studies etc.  I don't want it to be this way.  I have not been prayerful either.  I just seem too preoccupied with the things of the world.  I find it difficult to concentrate on what I am reading when I am here at BT.  Why would God do this to me?  I don't want to be one of the many!!  My beliefs have not wavered, just my further studies have decreased.  Please ask God to draw me back.

Eileen

Marlene

Re: I have a confession
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 10:46:24 PM »

Eileen, I will keep you in my prayers. I have had a hard time lately because of trials. I know you have had yours too. I like you have not got much studying done. I do pray alot and just hang in there. I am so looking forward to what new things Ray is going to talk about. I think it is good to say how you are feeling and ask for prayer.

You can count on me.

In His Love,
Marlene

Roy Martin

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 09:24:29 AM »

Eileen I know all too well how you are feeling. It doesn't matter what path we are on or how long we stop along the way or how many side roads we take just to see whats out there. In this journey with all of its side attractions and the many paths; they all lead to the same place and its God that leads us down these roads and its God that helps us find our way when we think we are lost in the dark.( With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.) Mathew 26
  What does this verse mean to you Eileen? What does the Holy Spirit inside of you say  about it when you read it?
 Show me a person that hasn't been where you are and I'll show you a liar.
I have been where you are so many times that I feel free to say that its necessary to take these paths so that God can call us back. I have tried many times to run from God, you know just throw in the towel on all the confusion. Life seemed so much easier before God called me; that's what I use to think.
 Its OK Eileen. You are where you need to be for a time. Your post doesn't surprise me. I sensed your feelings several months ago and now here you are asking for prayer. Yes! you can run but you can't hide.

Father God you promised us the Holy Spirit to comfort and guide us and I know that you can't lie. I stand on this promise, and ask you to guide and comfort our sister Eileen according to your will. In Jesus name

Peace
Roy

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 12:34:30 PM »

Hi Eileen,

The next step is all we can do; GOD In His Wisdom shows us just enough for us to follow Jesus Christ. Remember All we like sheep!!. I have to go to work now so need to be short; those similar challenges and obstacles are in front of me daily. We are learning, so do not faint, persevere to the end, see that crown.

Rotherham.
Jas 1:12 Happy the man who endureth temptation! Because, becoming approved, he shall receive the crown of life—which he hath promised unto them that love him.

Rev 2:10 Do not fear the things which thou art about to suffer. Lo! the adversary is about to cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried, and may have tribulation ten days. Become thou faithful until death, and I will give thee the crown of life.

george. :)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 09:04:33 PM »

Father God you promised us the Holy Spirit to comfort and guide us and I know that you can't lie. I stand on this promise, and ask you to guide and comfort our sister Eileen according to your will. In Jesus namePeace

amen and amen.

claudia

gmik

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 09:10:16 PM »

Thanks for sharing your burden-I know that feeling all too well- just a fleshly thing I guess.

I try to just think about Jesus, his face, his love for me, what he went thru, how faithful he is.......you know, thoughts like that....reading a different version of my normal bible can help me during those times....what I will not do is condemn myself......and don't you either....

there is therefore now, no condemnation, in the Lord....our feelings have nothing to do with it...its a fact....we are in the Lord!!  Woohooo!!!!

Love ya sis,
gena

daywalker

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 09:19:38 PM »

I have been thinking about posting this for some time now and just couldn't bring myself to admit it aloud.  I need prayers as I can feel myself drifting away from here, God, bible studies etc.  I don't want it to be this way.  I have not been prayerful either.  I just seem too preoccupied with the things of the world.  I find it difficult to concentrate on what I am reading when I am here at BT.  Why would God do this to me?  I don't want to be one of the many!!  My beliefs have not wavered, just my further studies have decreased.  Please ask God to draw me back.

Eileen

Hey Eileen,

I'm going through a similar stretch myself... I feel like I'm on the edge of a cliff.. Certain things are bothering me and causing me to lose focus [nothing/nobody here, just things in my life...]

...But the last time I felt this way... I found Bible Truths! So my gut tells me God working deep within and is on the verge of opening my eyes to another amazing revelation... it's possible that this is what God is doing with you as well...

I recall what Ray said once [during 'Repentance' I believe] [paraphrasing...] that even when [it appears] God is working against us, He's working for us.

You're in my prayers,

Christopher

kenny

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 11:40:25 AM »

Eileen

Eileen

The worries of this world will choke out Gods word if we let it, I stand with you that the thorns of this eon have none effect on you and you prosper in Gods word.

Kenny

9440geoff

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 04:56:50 PM »

Hi Eileen,

I know how easy it is for the cares of the world to squeeze God out. I used to think "it's OK, God will still be there when I get back. But I also knew that was not what He wanted. He wants all of us, not just the spare bit.

Geoff

EKnight

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 07:32:17 PM »

Thanks for all your responses.  I appreciate your prayers.  I sincerely pray that God summons me quickly before I completely turn away.  I have been trying to return to studying but I can never seem to find a quiet place or time.

Eileen

firefly77

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 10:17:29 PM »

Hey Eileen,

I'm going through a similar stretch myself... I feel like I'm on the edge of a cliff.. Certain things are bothering me and causing me to lose focus [nothing/nobody here, just things in my life...]

...But the last time I felt this way... I found Bible Truths! So my gut tells me God working deep within and is on the verge of opening my eyes to another amazing revelation... it's possible that this is what God is doing with you as well...

I recall what Ray said once [during 'Repentance' I believe] [paraphrasing...] that even when [it appears] God is working against us, He's working for us.

Eileen,
Isn't it great to be able to share your burdens here and find you are not alone, but others are going through very similar experiences. What Christopher wrote to you is something that I need to hear as well, today; I, too, was very disheartened and couldn't pray. Sometimes all I can do is read what others have to say because I feel so "blank".

God bless you!

Angie

musicman

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 10:24:03 PM »

My falling away is already a few months old.  Perhaps this is supposed to happen for a time.  Don't sweat it.  Just tell God "when you're ready, call me back".  I used "" because that's what I say every day.

Jennie

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 10:36:28 PM »

Sometimes ( I have found) this life just sort of twists us up and it is hard to focus. Some days the best you can do is just breathe. God made you and knows you and He loves and understands. Thank heaven His grace is bigger than any of us can imagine. Much love and prayers, Jennie

Marlene

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 11:11:32 PM »

Eileen that is good advice from Jennie.  God does know us. He already knew what was coming to you.  I believe, just the fact that you hate falling away is a sign he is not done with you. Trials and world cares can take over our thoughts. We have to work, or take care of family. We have to bare trials. God is familiar with our trials and our suffering.

Just, remember one day at a time. God is working even when we don't see it.

When, I feel the world is taking me away I think about how he led me in here. I think of all his wonderful truths he has shared with us. I just start doing what Ray does. I thank God for all my blessings. He will set that fire again to study. I believe he has us right where he wants us.

In His Love,
Marlene

Roy Martin

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2009, 09:16:08 AM »

I will never seize to be amazed of how God works.
 Gods words are spirit. His words have been written on paper. We read and study His word on this paper, but that is not where Gods spirit is;on this paper. I can only speak for myself in saying that I learn about God from this paper, but it doesn't give me that one on one relationship that comes from experiences of traveling down the roads that God leads me.Many times in this journey God has let go of my hand so that I fall. Sometimes He picks me right back up, but most of the time He leaves me down long enough to get a good look and smell of the ground that is many times muddy and wet or cold or covered in briers that I get tangled in. This is where God is, this is where you get that one on one. Its not a falling away as some put it; its a walk in the wilderness with God leading the way, one on one. This is where faith and trust and love come from by being picked back up each time we fall. Gods words are in us and alive, this is where we hear; hearing the word of God. Eileen, you feel guilty and fear which is Gods word in your heart and mind. Sometimes His word gets very faint as we get more comfortable with and in the world, but be assured that God is still there, and will bring you back.
 Study is just study, but its not a walk one on one with God. Eileen, you are having a walk with God in the world.

Roy

Places that God takes us walking: The wilderness, amusement parks, the zoo, scenic landscapes, up and down mountains, along the ocean and many more places to mention.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 09:44:01 AM by Roy Martin »

Jennie

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 10:31:33 AM »

I don't like that walk in the wilderness and I ask " God , why me" many times on the walk. I don't know why me or anyone else for that matter. I just know He knows exactly where I am and there will be something new I have learned to see through that ole "dark time" I call it. Much love to ya'll on this rainy Saturday down South, Jennie

mharrell08

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 10:56:59 AM »

This is from the list of topics regarding the November conference (http://bible-truths.com/BibleConference2009.htm):

WE MUST "KEEP THE UNITY OF THE SPIRIT" ... TILL WE ALL COME IN "THE UNITY OF THE FAITH, AND OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE SON OF GOD, UNTO A PERFECT MAN [WOMAN] UNTO THE MEASURE OF THE STATURE OF CHRIST."

What does that mean, and how in the world are we to accomplish it?
What is it that God will give us in the resurrection that we don't have now?
And what must we first accomplish (through God of course) in this life to be in the resurrection to receive the other?  etc., etc...

Eileen, I'm happy that you are coming to this conference because I think the material is directly related to what you are speaking of. You are not the only one who feels this way in life, nor the last. I feel confident in saying that I believe the Lord placed this on Ray's heart to teach because so many of us feel this way from time to time.

I will also say this: studying His Word IS necessary in your daily walk with Christ:

Ps 119:97-101  O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day. Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts. I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word.

Ps 119:127-128  Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold. Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.

2 Tim 2:15-16  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

How one studies is between themselves and the Lord, but study is absolute necessary.

I want to say one quick thing to the members in general:

I read these posts in Testimonies, all of them. But I don't comment because of one thing that runs prevalent on this part of the forum: Too many people attempting to pass worldly wisdom onto others as if it is from God. As well as too many people drawn to these carnal responses instead of what the Lord says.

Just because something 'feels good' in your life, does not make it some spiritual truth from the Lord. And all who wish to parlay these 'feel good' beliefs onto others, and in turn have others follow these worldly ways, will have to answer to the Lord. The is not a threat from myself or the other moderators, but a truth from God.

Matt 18:6-7  Whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man [or woman] by whom the offence cometh!

Why do some of us believe we can comfort others better than our Lord and Savior? Why NOT rely on the Word of God? Are our 'good feelings' better than His Word, tried in the fire seven times [Ps 12:6]?

That's the WHOLE point in studying the Word...to be like Him, for our words/actions/behavior/etc to be like HIM.

I'll stop right there, just wanted to make a small, quick point.

Thanks,

Marques

Roy Martin

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 11:54:17 AM »

Hello Marques, I get what you are saying. I feel what you said is directed to me. I will clarify so no one else misunderstands what I meant in my post. I was not implying that we should not study; heaven forbid. My post was about a one on one relationship with God, walking with God. I don't have a scripture that says it, but all the people that wrote the bible was taken on a few walks with God. Some of these walks lasted for forty years in the wilderness.God lead Jesus up a mountain to be tempted.
 People can quote scripture to me all day long of which I have read for 10 years and still not understand. Its when I go on these walks with God that gives me the understanding of the scriptures and or comfort, or the lifting up that I need.
 I study the word, I experience the word with my walks with God. We all have individual experiences with God. We all have testimonies and story's or concerns and questions, but its God that is responsible for everything. I don't consider any of my trials and walks with God or testimonies to be carnal, but the side attractions on these walks lead to something carnal which gave me something artificial that eventually lead me back to God of where I needed to be.
  Offense is offense only when it was meant to be, but sharing personal experience and testimony is not offense, is it? The bible is full of such testimonies and experiences. No offense intended.
 When someone post on this section with a testimony or question or concern, its usually because they want replies of encouragement or prayer. They want something or they wouldn't start a thread. How can our testimonies and experiences be worldly wisdom? God lead us into the false teaching of the churches(worldly wisdom) to call us out. All is of God.
Peace
Roy
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 12:37:35 PM by Roy Martin »

aqrinc

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 01:21:12 PM »

All of GOD'S Word apply All the time, whether we feel it or not.

Psa 119:160 (ROTHERHAM)
The sum of thy word, is truth, and, age-abiding, is every one of thy righteous regulations.

Ecc 1:13 (CLV)
I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens:it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Ecc 3: 1-11 (CLV)
1 For everything there is a stated time, And a season for every event under the heavens:"
2 A season to be born and a season to die; A season to plant and a season to chop down what is planted,
3 A season to kill and a season to heal; A season to breach and a season to build;
4 A season to weep and a season to sport; A season to wail and a season to dance;
5 A season to fling away stones and a season to collect stones; A season to embrace and a season to stay far from embracing;
6 A season to seek and a season to lose; A season to keep and a season to fling away;
7 A season to tear and a season to sew; A season to hush and a season to speak;
8 A season to love and a season to hate; A season of war and a season of peace.
9 What advantage does the worker have in what he is toiling?

10 I see the experience that Elohim gives To the sons of humanity to humble them by it.
11 He has made everything fitting in its season; However, He has put obscurity in their heart So that the man may not find out His work, That which the One, Elohim, does from the beginning to the terminus." (Consumnation)

george. :)

Roy Martin

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 01:36:48 PM »

Hi George, those are scriptures I understand because I have experienced and lived most of them as a lot of us have and will.

Peace
Roy
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 01:53:16 PM by Roy Martin »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.