bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Afterlife is not so Alive -- still in the works.  (Read 4417 times)

nightmare sasuke

The Afterlife is not so Alive -- still in the works.
« on: June 13, 2006, 08:42:23 PM »

I had posted my paper on here a while ago explaining that death is a state of unconsciousness. I still have not finished it.

I'm working pretty hard on it. So far it's about 19 pages long and growing.

Origen II is going to write a few sections that he is better fit to write than me.

The paper explains how the Old Testament Scriptures explaining the state of death are Scriptural Truth, rather than "man's wisdom," as many make them out to be. The paper will illustrate what exactly a soul is. It will show both the Old Testament and New Testament view on death. The paper will illustrate how death did not change after Christ was raised and show with Scripture what "spirits in prison" are and what "captivity" is. The paper will explain what judgment is, when it occurs; what aiwnios life is, and when it is received (both literally and spiritually). The paper will explain how, if translated the more popular way, "the thief on the cross" passage contradicts 1000s of other Scriptures. The paper will explain what happened to Enoch and Elijah. The paper will explain the vision the Apostles saw of Moses and Jesus' "transfiguration." The paper will most likely feature a section with quotations from early Church fathers advocating the position the paper states and maybe a section showing why some early Church fathers are not to be trusted with their view on the immediate afterlife. The paper will show how the current view on death has been influenced by pagan cultures. We will show how Origen himself admitted that Plato influenced his view of the soul. Most importantly, the paper will show what the purpose of the resurrection is, and how, if an immediate afterlife exists, the purpose of the resurrection is none. The paper will also have minor sections explaining some verses while refuting the popular (and false) interpretations of those verses. Hopefully I can fit that all in.

If you can think of anything else I should add, please let me know!

When we're done, we'll post it. We need critical opinions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.