bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help!! - Looking for a verse  (Read 6753 times)

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
Help!! - Looking for a verse
« on: October 14, 2009, 04:52:07 PM »

Hi all;

What verse is it that says that God causes all things to happen?  It's been discussed before and Ray has used it in the teachings but I can't for the life of me remember where it says and I can't even get the phrasing right in order to look for it.  I was taken to task on another board for sharing that God indeed is behind all that happens and of course I got the response back that he doesn't cause all to happen, he ALLOWS all to happen.

Of course that is the very argument I used for years and I didn't realize how it diminishes the soverignity of God and makes him appear that he doesn't care enough about his children to prevent suffering and hardship.  I'm not looking to argue with the other person but to present the verse to her in hopes to show her if God opens her heart that indeed he is behind ALL that happens in this world.

mharrell08

Re: Help!! - Looking for a verse
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 05:06:54 PM »

Hi all;

What verse is it that says that God causes all things to happen?  It's been discussed before and Ray has used it in the teachings but I can't for the life of me remember where it says and I can't even get the phrasing right in order to look for it.  I was taken to task on another board for sharing that God indeed is behind all that happens and of course I got the response back that he doesn't cause all to happen, he ALLOWS all to happen.

Of course that is the very argument I used for years and I didn't realize how it diminishes the soverignity of God and makes him appear that he doesn't care enough about his children to prevent suffering and hardship.  I'm not looking to argue with the other person but to present the verse to her in hopes to show her if God opens her heart that indeed he is behind ALL that happens in this world.

Hello Arion,

Truth #10 (http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm):

[A] "ALL is of God…" (II Cor. 5:18). The word "things" is not in the manuscripts.

[_B] "For of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are all things…" [Greek: ‘For out of Him, and through Him, and for Him, is ALL’—there is no word ‘things’]" (Rom. 11:36).

[C] "For it became Him, for Whom are ALL things, and by Whom are ALL things… [Greek: ‘For it became Him, because of Whom ALL is and through Whom ALL is…’—no ‘things’]" (Heb. 2:10).

[D] "For by Him were ALL things created… ALL things were created by Him and for Him: and He is before ALL things AND BY Him, ALL things consist [Gk: ‘hold together’]" (Col. 1:16).

[E] "For in Him we live, and move, and have our being [Gk: ‘exist’—that’s our ALL]" (Acts 17:28).

[F] "…the purpose of Him Who works ALL things after the counsel of His Own will" (Eph. 1:11).

Few Christians indeed believe this Truth. First they will insist that I took that phrase out of context. Let us see if that is true:

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, ALL THINGS are become new. And ALL things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ, and has given to us the ministry of reconciliation" (II Cor. 5:17-18).

Is it only in reference to the "new creatures" in Christ, that "All things are of God?" No, let’s read the next verse:

"To wit [Gk: ‘that is’], that God was in Christ, RECONCILING THE WORLD UNTO HIMSELF, not imputing their trespasses unto them: and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" (Verse 19).

Now we can clearly see that the "ALL things are of God" includes not only those now being made into new creatures, but also "the WORLD." Where does God ever limit Himself when it comes to saving His people:

"And He is the propitiation for our sins, and NOT FOR OURS ONLY, but also for the sins of THE WHOLE WORLD (I John 2;2).

What is true is that God is not trying to save everyone now in this church age. But all of mankind are the offspring of God:

"And has made of one blood all nations of men…though He is not far from every one of us [the ‘us’ including every sinning pagan Athenian—Ver. 21].

For IN HIM we live, and move, and have our being… for we ARE ALSO His offspring" (Acts 17:26-28).

The most evil of people who have ever lived, did not live unto themselves, by themselves, independent of God, but rather, "in HIM they live, and move, and have their being."

For even the life of the criminal is sustained by God: or they would just fall apart and cease to exist:

"And He [Jesus] is before all things, and by Him ALL THINGS CONSIST [Gk: ‘hold together’]" (Col. 1:17).

Why is it that God tells us that "all is of God," but as many read their Bibles, they do not believe that all they are reading is "ALL of God?"

Marques

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 05:14:06 PM »

Mucho Gracias!!

;D

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 05:33:18 PM »

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 03:24:29 AM »

Great question Arion; nice Right Hook Marques, estoy enamorado con La Palabra De DIOS.

george. ;D

Marky Mark

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 11:28:26 AM »

Hola. Quisiera también decir algo en español. Dios le bendice mis amigos.  :)

Marca de la paz…

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 12:44:26 PM »

¿Dónde está el baño?

:D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

daywalker

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 02:09:17 PM »

¿Dónde está el baño?

:D

Ummm... taco supreme?

...bromeando!  :D

Daywalker  8)

9440geoff

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 02:39:57 PM »

De lequel vous parlez?

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 08:35:52 PM »

De lequel vous parlez?

Je'n sais pas, mais je croix qu'ills parle l'espagnol? haha ;)

Vangie

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 11:56:40 PM »

Dave,
Down the hall, 2nd door on the left.

The rest of you guys will just have to wait.  The translator needs to know what language to start from, and I'm stumped.  French, Portuguese??? 

George, I too am enamored with the Word of God.  :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.