bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Dog Whisperer  (Read 6361 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
The Dog Whisperer
« on: October 14, 2009, 05:26:35 PM »

I went years without watching TV at all.  I still don't find much worth watching on there. 

But Cesar Millan has become a hero to me, and I find myself almost always reminded of Scripture watching and learning on that show.  It's easy for me to see myself as the aggressive, fearful, or otherwise troubled dog who our Lord, with wisdom, patience and personal knowledge of our humanity (dogness) brings into a calm, submissive life.

Yeah, not all parallels run exactly, but for me right now, this is the most spiritual hour on TV.  Beats anything on TBN.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ninny

Re: The Dog Whisperer
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 05:44:09 PM »

Dave, you are so right! That is so true of the Dog Whisperer! I have always been impressed with his 'calm submissive state' for dogs, but this is true of humans too! With anyone we deal with being calm and in control..that's how Jesus teaches us to be..My husband yells a lot and has almost zero tolerance for most things.. ::) I told a friend once that "Well the 'soft answer turneth away wrath' thing doesn't work at my house!" She said, "Kathy, maybe your soft answer turns away YOUR wrath and not his!" Ha! that struck me pretty funny! But you know I've noticed that principle work with Cesar Milan, I have seen the man bitten by nervous and even mean dogs, but he doesn't lash out he calmly stands his ground, that is such a good example to us! You know he says his grandfather taught him how to treat animals! What a great example for life! Jesus teaches us to be meek and lowly in heart..this doesn't mean we crawl under a rug! I heard it said once that meekness is "Power under control" Wow!! It works on so many levels! Thanks for reminding me of that, Dave!  :D
Kathy ;)

cjwood

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 08:36:04 PM »

cesar millan rocks! i watch his show often because i have three dogs. you can definitely apply many spiritual principals to the things he teaches about dogs, epsecially his idea that you have to approach a dog first as the animal that it is, then you can look at the specifics such as breed or name. as humans, it is beneficial to look at ourselves first as the beast that is inside our minds, then from there we can deal with whatever specifics we are dealing with.

God the Father is most definitely the Pack Leader!

claudia

Vangie

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 12:12:01 AM »

Great thread!  My dogs are my "kids", and it's very encouraging to see that maybe the relationship I enjoy with them can help grow some good fruit.   Thanks so much you guys. 

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 01:26:04 AM »

I went years without watching TV at all.  I still don't find much worth watching on there. 

But Cesar Millan has become a hero to me, and I find myself almost always reminded of Scripture watching and learning on that show.  It's easy for me to see myself as the aggressive, fearful, or otherwise troubled dog who our Lord, with wisdom, patience and personal knowledge of our humanity (dogness) brings into a calm, submissive life.

Yeah, not all parallels run exactly, but for me right now, this is the most spiritual hour on TV.  Beats anything on TBN.

ROFL, EPIC POST! +2

cjwood

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 01:29:16 AM »

we can learn many things from our dogs (or cats, etc., but especially dogs). things which they do, and how they interact with us and other dogs, many times are exercises in the good fruit of the Spirit. i read a sign at a vets office recently that said, "dogs will love you even when you don't love yourself."

claudia

OBrenda

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 09:49:42 AM »

Isn't it liberating when someone calls you on your behavior with Love?  I'm always in awe when someone "gets me" when I'm lost and confussed.  Dave I love this show also and I don't have dogs.

fox

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 12:48:28 PM »

One thing that I REALLY like about Cesar is when he takes a dog that is under a death sentence
and makes it into a good dog - Pit Bulls and Rottweilers seem to be a specialty of his. These dogs
have such a bad reputation yet HE works with them very effectively.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 01:22:38 PM »

One thing that I REALLY like about Cesar is when he takes a dog that is under a death sentence
and makes it into a good dog - Pit Bulls and Rottweilers seem to be a specialty of his. These dogs

Yep.  He came to save sinners.  And like our Heavenly 'Pack Leader', he doesn't give up until he's succeeded.  Not one will be lost.

He also doesn't put much store in "Kiss of Death" dog lovers.  Or "technique over attitude" (religion over Spirit).

Hmmm...I wonder what No Touch, No Talk, No Eye contact has to do with our 'walk'?  No matter...whatever He decides is fine with me.

Anyways...I'm glad I'm not completely "out there" all by myself with the NatGeo on.   ;D 

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

jacobbsladdr

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 02:39:04 PM »

No Touch, No Talk, No Eye contact has to do with our 'walk'?   - That's easy... We can't physically touch, talk to each other (in real time) or have eye contact w/our Heavenly Father.

The problem w/Pitt bulls and Rotties is the same problem you have with bad kids.  the only difference is they are dogs and considered a perishable commodity.  People don't train their dogs, they encourage bad behaviors, don't socialize and have bad breeding... all these factors create unstable animals.  Blame the deed not the breed.  Not all Pitts or Rotties are vicious animals.  That's one thing I like about Ceasar, he takes the worst cases (like Christ) and shows that they can serve a better purpose.  Christ takes the worst of the worst and calls them.  Obviously Caesar isn't Christ or Christ like, just a interesting parallel to how he performs/trains up the dogs.  Would you believe that Dachshunds, JRT and Labs, Golden Retrievers are high on the list of fatal bites to children moreso than Rotties.  Pitt Bulls unfortunately are put in extreme environments due to fighting rings... the environment places a huge part in how a dog turns out.  The breeds themselves are not bad.  Pitts have a very honorable history until mankind used them and made them into vicious unpredictable creatures.... the same as they do with everything else.  Dobermans used to be the evil breed in the 70's.  Thankfully, breeders have bred out allot of the aggression in dobermans.  But people still fear them because they are portrayed as vicious.  They are the biggest babies in my experience.  I'm not a big fan of Rotties.  They are cute but not my style.

-JL

Yep.  He came to save sinners.  And like our Heavenly 'Pack Leader', he doesn't give up until he's succeeded.  Not one will be lost.

He also doesn't put much store in "Kiss of Death" dog lovers.  Or "technique over attitude" (religion over Spirit).

Hmmm...I wonder what No Touch, No Talk, No Eye contact has to do with our 'walk'?  No matter...whatever He decides is fine with me.

Anyways...I'm glad I'm not completely "out there" all by myself with the NatGeo on.   ;D 

Ninny

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 06:01:03 PM »

OH MY GOSH!! JL! I have two viscious minidoxies!!! ha!! I'm glad they're too dumb to know how to bite!! well..unless you're a bird or a squirrel!! Any bird sitting on the fence or squirrlel who inadvertantly gets into the yard...oooh so dead!!   ;D  All six of my grand children have between them a black Lab and a Golden Retriever!! I know that in general dogs are dogs and we have to remember they are not baby sitters! I am a big dog lover and I think you're right about the Dobermans they are a really sweet breed! I also have 2 West Highland White Terriers whose favorite thing in all the world is being filthy and stinking up the place, but hey they're cute!!  :D My favorite breed of all is the Collie..I have raised, loved, and lost 4 of them..but no more..It's just too hot for them in  South Alabama!!  :P

It is so true that Dogs love us even when we don't love ourselves and love us not matter how sinful we are!! They DO kind of show us how God loves us..in a small way!
Kathy ;)

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 01:30:38 AM »

Caesar is way to 'new ageish' for me when it comes to him discussing the various energies he's projecting, ect.  But as I watch him I look past those things as he doesn't know any better at this point.  He is a warm and compassionate man and he sure knows his way into a dog's psyche (if you will).  Just watching his pack of all those dog's in L.A. being together at one time and in one place is enough to tell you that he knows what he's talking about.  With the dog's at least.   ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 22 queries.