bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need some direction  (Read 5353 times)

kenny

Need some direction
« on: October 14, 2009, 05:57:04 PM »

Is the book of Acts a finished book and does Ray have any teachings on this subject, i have put many different phrases in the search engine here on the BT and i Know if Ray has taught on this subject someone will know

Kenny

musicman

Re: Need some direction
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 06:12:56 PM »

Ray says that our bibles are complete.  This would include acts.

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 01:31:09 AM »

Is the book of Acts a finished book

finished in what way kenny?

claudia

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 02:56:55 AM »

I've heard people say it is "unfinished", but I think that's a figure of speech.  They mean it like, "We're still 'writing' the book of Acts by carrying on etc. etc." or that "God is still writing the book of Acts as He continues to do this or that or whatever."  It's not a 'scholarly' statement, because the canon is complete...but there's a small nibble of reasonableness to the statement.  Not that that makes it true.

So it sounds a little 'sermony' to me.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

gene hall

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 07:02:49 PM »

Hi! I believe the scriptures are complete. But inspiration is not. We as believers are to study the word of God. The word of God is spirit. As we study,pray and ask to be guided into the truth- His word is hid in our hearts. God shows us His majesty, He inspires us. The song "how Great Thow art'' by pastor Carl Boberg bring tears of joy to me and my heart is uplifted. His belief in God inspired him to pen this great song. I dont think it would be wrong to say that Gods scriptures are still being written today, but, they are written on our hearts. I pray for such inspiration.

timothyk32

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 12:51:32 AM »

Kenny,

When you ask if the book of Acts is complete, are you asking if it was unfinished scripture wise, or are you wanting to know if the same occurences throughout Acts are still occuring today?

cjwood

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 02:04:38 AM »

I dont think it would be wrong to say that Gods scriptures are still being written today, but, they are written on our hearts.  I pray for such inspiration.

i think this statement is indeed inspiring.

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.