bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the church  (Read 5556 times)

bible man

the church
« on: October 15, 2009, 02:50:19 PM »

There is a group in Va. that teach that meeting in a personal home is the only nwtestmnt church gathering!  I undersand we are the church and most places that label thenselves chuch are paan and posses the depths of satan however my question is isnt it sound for those met in a building not in a home to fellowship?   ARE THERE EXAMPLES OF NON HOME BASED CHURCH'SN SCRIPTURE?    THANKS IN ADVANCE  GOD BLESS!

jacobbsladdr

Re: the church
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 03:50:39 PM »

I don't worry about where people decide to meet, I only consider if they meet in truth and understand and promote truthful understanding of the scriptures.  If they aren't studying, speaking and searching in truth what does it matter where a group meets?  Were suppose to assemble in the spirit.  So if their foundation is based upon meeting physically and ritually every week, then chances are the rest of their doctrine is incorrect.

Didn't the disciples also meet in homes?  Wasn't the holy spirit given out within someones home during an assembly of believers?

Just my opinion.

-JL
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 03:52:09 PM by Jacobs Ladder »

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 03:56:09 PM »

There is a group in Va. that teach that meeting in a personal home is the only nwtestmnt church gathering!  I undersand we are the church and most places that label thenselves chuch are paan and posses the depths of satan however my question is isnt it sound for those met in a building not in a home to fellowship?   ARE THERE EXAMPLES OF NON HOME BASED CHURCH'SN SCRIPTURE?    THANKS IN ADVANCE  GOD BLESS!

Acts 2:46-47  ...they [Apostles & followers of Christ] continuing daily with one accord in the temple, AND breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved

Hello BibleMan,

If you understand that believers ARE the church, what difference does it make regarding 'where' they fellowship?

The most High dwelleth NOT in temples (or houses, tabernacles, synagogues, 'church buildings', etc) made with hands...[Acts 7:48, 17:24]

Marques
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 03:57:15 PM by mharrell08 »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 08:24:49 PM »

The ministry of Jesus took place wherever He was, and largely in the open air on mountains, valleys, roads, etc.  That may not qualify as 'Church' to these folks, however.  If you're not where you are, you're nowhere.

He also ministered in the Temple grounds, and Paul went to the synagogues...but neither went there to be passive participants.  I may start going to church again one of these days, but they'll need to let me speak.

There is some opinion that early Christians worshipped in catacombs...but other historians argue that the catacombs were simply where Christian dead were buried, with whatever rites existed at the time--not permanant places of worship.  Seems as good a place as any, to me.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

bible man

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 02:48:24 AM »

My point is if wehave truth we have true fellowship rather in a little house or in a large building  i wanted ex f them not just in houes but in the temple  sysgogue etc  God is concern with uscoming to the knwledge of the truth  thanks!!!

noeleena

• live life. love life.
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 08:02:17 AM »

Hi....
 If you do your home work youll find many buildings were built by the masons in side many were depicsions of faces . & other related meanings to do with the templers . our back ground from the u k . we have the roman cathoic buildings done in similar ways . quess whos behind that ..... the money that is spent on buildings was not what the Lord told us to do . yet .?????   what is going on & has done so for many years . whats behind this . or who ... its only a building .....oh is that all . just look at the temple in Jesus   s day ......oh dear what went on behind closed door s ......the word images. ring a bell..........
 ...noeleena...

Marlene

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 02:41:25 PM »

Every time I see the Lord bring someone new to this website. I rejoice.! We are all a member of the church. We are like Paul writing letters to those he could not visit or those he had visited. We have people from all over the world who are members here. I know the Spirit led everyone of us here. God has mysterious ways. It increases your faith for sure being in here. God can use anything for his purpose. I never understood till coming here that the elect would be few and the rest of humanity would be the great harvest. But, I had been taught in Babylon that most would burn in Hell.

I think it is awesome how God uses the internet to bring some of his sheep to the fold. I know, he can use any means to bring his sheep in.

No, building made with hands needed here. It does not matter where we worship as long as it is in Spirit and Truth and I know there is very few of that.

All Praise Goes To God!

In His Love,
Marlene
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 10:53:13 PM by Marlene »

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 12:44:39 AM »

Hi marlene,

baah baah, oops; I am here.

george. ;D

cjwood

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 02:10:00 AM »

baa, baa,

baaa, baaa,

maa, maa, (really, i've heard them make that sound  :D)

baa, baa.....

we must continue to follow the Good Sheperd, by what ever path He leads.

claudia

bunnylife

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 04:49:48 AM »

When the Good Shepherd calls we hear His voice and follow...

just another sheep - baaa, baaa

the church - in spirit and truth

In His Joy,

Bunni  :)

Roy Martin

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 10:14:47 AM »

Church is where the Spirit is.

Peace
Roy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.