bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buried treasure from the past...  (Read 4717 times)

Marky Mark

Buried treasure from the past...
« on: October 16, 2009, 08:22:38 PM »

Hello friends.

I was going over Rays paper The Lake of Fire - PART II   THE REAL ORIGIN OF SIN
http://bible-truths.com/lake2.html when I came across something in his writings that I was stumbling over.

This to be exact. [In red]

WHENCE SATAN THE DEVIL?

According to Christendom, Satan created himself. He was supposedly a perfect archangel and then CHANGED HIMSELF INTO A DEVIL. Is this Scripturally true? Who created Satan?

You are of your FATHER the DEVIL [the GREAT DRAGON, OLD SERPENT, the DEVIL, and SATAN {Hebrew for Adversary -- I Pet. 5:8} Rev. 12:9], and the lusts of your father ye will do... He was a murderer FROM THE BEGINNING, and abode not in the truth [from the beginning], because there is no truth in him [from the beginning]. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: for he is a liar [from the beginning], and the father [the beginner] of it" (John 8:44).

"Now the SERPENT was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD GOD had MADE..." (Gen. 3:1) God "made" this serpent which TALKED with Eve as an articulate, intelligent, creature. Satan did not possess this serpent of the field, Satan was this serpent! Satan doesn’t possess snakes! Satan himself was CREATED A SERPENT. Even Paul acknowledges that it was "the SERPENT" that deluded Eve, and not some other creature possessing a snake (II Cor. 11:3).

To the point of the matter. I was seeing something that Ray was saying(in my mind) that did not make sense to me at all . Was Ray saying that the serpent was a literal snake in the garden like I thought his writing in red seemed to indicate ? 

So I started digging and found the answer that I was looking for in this thread. [Read the thread,its in there. ;)]
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5306.0.html.

There was so much buried treasure in the comments that I just had to share with anyone who would care to dig. Hope I'm not being redundant.

Thank-you to all of the participants in said thread...

Peace...Mark

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Buried treasure from the past...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 11:02:51 PM »

Mark,

I tried and got an error message saying I didn't have permissions.

Indiana Bob

Marlene

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 11:09:55 PM »

Bob, I was reading that post Mark gave and then on the last couple of pages it told me there was a message error.

Marlene

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 12:00:04 AM »

The thread that Mark provided a link to has been removed.

The ex-member who started that thread had a legitimate question regarding the same excerpt that Mark posted above. But then the teaching of Satan being the carnal mind started up and most of the comments that came behind ran with it.

Basically, too much heresy.

Marques

P.S. If possible, I try to remove false teaching posts instead of an entire thread, but again, most of the posts ran with that false notion mentioned above so it had to go.

Roy Martin

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 10:22:56 AM »

You are of your FATHER the DEVIL [the GREAT DRAGON, OLD SERPENT, the DEVIL, and SATAN {Hebrew for Adversary -- I Pet. 5:8} Rev. 12:9], and the lusts of your father ye will do... He was a murderer FROM THE BEGINNING, and abode not in the truth [from the beginning], because there is no truth in him [from the beginning]. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: for he is a liar [from the beginning], and the father [the beginner] of it" (John 8:44).

Hi everyone, What does the above verse mean?( When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own.)

Roy

Linny

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 12:02:37 AM »

Roy,
Here are two other translations...

"He speaks on his own, and everything he says is a lie."

"Whenever he tells a lie he speaks in character, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

Lin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.