bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: With God, all things are possible....  (Read 4166 times)

deftarchangel

With God, all things are possible....
« on: October 16, 2009, 11:48:52 PM »

This has been on the news, but for those who have not seen it:  I never would have thought that this baby would come away from this incident with JUST a bump on his head!!!!  You really have to see the video to get the full grasp of this miracle:     :o

http://en.video.canoe.tv/video/news/world-watch/1896809959/stroller-with-baby-falls-underneath-moving-train/45069554001

From THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Train hits stroller, baby survives

MELBOURNE, Australia - A 6-month-old baby has miraculously survived a train hitting his stroller, which rolled onto the tracks when his mother let go for an instant.

The escape was captured on security camera footage that shows the red, three-wheeled stroller plunging off a station platform just as the commuter train pulls in, and the mother's panicked lunge to grab it. The train pushed the stroller about 130 feet (40 metres) along the tracks before it stopped, but it did not go under the train.

The baby, who was strapped into the stroller, received only a bump on the head.

Police said they released the video, which was captured last Thursday at a suburban station in the southern city of Melbourne, to underscore the need for people to be extra safety conscious when using the train system.

The dramatic footage led news bulletins across Australia and was shown internationally, and on YouTube.

Police have not identified the mother, who wished to remain anonymous, and say the incident was an accident.  

"It's amazing how many people get too close to the tracks despite the dangers," Sgt. Michael Ferwerda told reporters. "We've had a lucky escape and it is a chance for commuters to heed warnings to be more careful."

The security footage shows the mother stopping on the platform with the stroller facing the tracks. She lets go of the stroller's handle without applying the brake, and appears to hitch her pants with both hands.

The stroller's front wheel drifts toward the track, and the stroller rolls toward the edge, flipping over as it hits the tracks. The mother spots it just before it pitches over the side, and lunges forward - too late.

The train pulls into the station, and the mother clutches her face in apparent panic and devastation. As the train stops, onlookers rush forward. The whole incident took about seven seconds.  Paramedic Jon Wright said the baby received only minor injuries and was returned to his mother within a few minutes of the accident occurring.

"Apparently he needed a feed and a nap," Wright was quoted as saying by the Sun Herald newspaper. "Luckily he was strapped into his pram at the time, which probably saved his life. I think the child's extremely lucky,"

Connex, the privately owned train operator said the driver was being offered counselling for possible trauma caused by the incident.

I can only imagine what emotions the mother was going through watching that train hit her baby's carriage.  This is absolutely unbelievable.  I thank the Lord for little miracles like this.  A touch of good news in a world of bad news.  

:)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 01:22:26 AM by deftarchangel »

Linny

Re: With God, all things are possible....
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 11:48:19 PM »

Saw this video yesterday. It is an amazing thing to see.
Lin

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 04:12:25 AM »

i agree.  this video is frightful and horrific with regards to the panic which you can see by the mothers' reaction after seeing her child fall in front of the train.  and then, there is the 'don't believe everything you see' mental thought.  this type of a loving supernatural protection surely can only come from God the Father.  Who Is Love, and Mercy.  and it was so exciting to see His Work being done in saving this little child, and most assuredly working within the heart of the young mother.

awesome.   just awesome.

claudia

Kat

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 11:24:45 AM »

I happen to see the on the news.  I thought, 'oh how terrible that baby fall all the way down like that'.... then all of the sudden the train rolled over it, it was shocking and scary to see.  Praise God that was not the way that baby's life was to end.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.