bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Life hurts  (Read 11528 times)

G. Driggs

Life hurts
« on: October 20, 2009, 06:06:51 AM »

Maybe im complaining or feeling sorry for myself, but life really hurts lately. Why? Cause im such a sinner, such a loser, times like this I really hate life. Cant wait to see what Ray says about this stuff.

I did and said some pretty stupid stuff while I was drunk the other week, and now it seems like everyone hates me. I probably deserve it. Its funny though, I prayed a while back that God make it possible that my "friends" would stop coming to my house. They have been a bad influence on me but I cant blame them really.

I think, I hope now Im really starting to be sorry towards God for my sins. Im trying harder now to stop sinning through Christ Who strengthens me. I guess we shall see where this goes.

Sorry I havent fellowshipped much with you all lately, but I have been feeling quite unworthy. Not like you are missing out anyway. Hopefully this is changing now.

I trust in God, He knows what He is doing. I really believe all that has come upon me is a good thing in the long run. God willing, I WILL BE SAVED!! Not giving up, this life will not be in vain.

Pray for me as I have never stopped praying for you all.

Love and peace

G.Driggs

p.s. just had to get this off my chest, thank you all
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 06:10:30 AM by G. Driggs »

mharrell08

Re: Life hurts
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 07:33:28 AM »

Maybe im complaining or feeling sorry for myself, but life really hurts lately. Why? Cause im such a sinner, such a loser, times like this I really hate life. Cant wait to see what Ray says about this stuff.

I did and said some pretty stupid stuff while I was drunk the other week, and now it seems like everyone hates me. I probably deserve it. Its funny though, I prayed a while back that God make it possible that my "friends" would stop coming to my house. They have been a bad influence on me but I cant blame them really.

I think, I hope now Im really starting to be sorry towards God for my sins. Im trying harder now to stop sinning through Christ Who strengthens me. I guess we shall see where this goes.

Sorry I havent fellowshipped much with you all lately, but I have been feeling quite unworthy. Not like you are missing out anyway. Hopefully this is changing now.

I trust in God, He knows what He is doing. I really believe all that has come upon me is a good thing in the long run. God willing, I WILL BE SAVED!! Not giving up, this life will not be in vain.

Pray for me as I have never stopped praying for you all.

Love and peace

G.Driggs

p.s. just had to get this off my chest, thank you all

Ps 51:7  The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise

Ps 6:2  Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed.

Keep the faith G,

Marques

G. Driggs

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 08:15:22 AM »

Thank you Marques, the encouragement is appreciated. Maybe this is part of the reason why fellowship with like minds is so important eh? To encourage and exhort one another to not give up and do good, and to stop sinning, Lord willing? I believe He is willing for His Elect to stop sinning. 

Quyanaqpaq (thank you very much) Marques!

Peace, G.Driggs

Roy Coates

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 01:52:04 AM »

Your not alone brother. Your in my prayers. Peace and Grace to you...
Roy

G. Driggs

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 08:46:59 AM »

Thank you Roy, very true im not alone, we are all in this together, we all hurt, when you hurt I hurt with you, when you rejoice I rejoice with you. Im so thankful for you all, every one of you, God knew what He was doing when He had this website in mind.

Love, Peace and Grace to you brother, and lets do this thing together.

G.Driggs

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 09:42:39 AM »

George don't beat yourself up too badly...our sins drag us down into a pit of self destruction...just keep pushing forward, God still is there waiting and holding you...We are all in this together..nothing can separate us from the love of God..even when we walk as far as we can in the other direction, God is still there holding on to us! I know this...
Love,
Kathy :'( :-*

G. Driggs

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 10:18:05 AM »

Thank you Kathy, Im through beating myself up, im tired of feeling sorry for myself, it's just an endless vicious cycle that leads to spiritual death. All it does is give me an excuse to sin. Once I realize this and see it is actually out of love our Father puts us through this, then I can move on with hope and faith and confidence in Jesus. Because Jesus has been there and done that, and overcame, and He has made it possible for me to do the same.

Peace, Love and Good Cheers to you dear sister

G.Driggs
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:26:18 AM by G. Driggs »

Marlene

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 01:51:51 PM »

Don't give up on God, George. He will never forsake you.

In His Love,
Marlene

darren

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 04:40:34 AM »

Yea, life hurts,Your are not alone. I for one have been going through some very hard times. I said and did many thing that I was not proud of after a night of drinking and other things. I hurt many people and I have been full of remorse. Remember these important words. and this too shall pass. No truer words have ever been spoken. Everything changes in our lives and God did give us a brain in order for us to make choices. It's OK to sit on the pity pot for a while. Just don't sit too long. One of the hardest things to do is to forgive ones self. Pull your self up by the bootstraps and move ahead.

Darren

G. Driggs

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 09:29:50 AM »

Thanks Darren for the encouragement. You are right, I have more or less been telling myself the same thing, learn from it, move on, dont do it again, and give Him praise and glory for it all.

I have struggled hard with the "choices" I make and somehow I had been deceiving myself into thinking that if I'am sinning then maybe it is what God wants. I didnt realize Jesus has already made it possible for me (and everyone) to stop. After coming into the knowledge of Truth it was like an insult or something toward God for the grace and mercy He has shown me, and it was as if I was re-crucifying Jesus. Does that make sense? Or am I off? Any input, insight or correction is always welcome.

Peace and Love

G.Driggs

Ninny

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 10:26:25 AM »

Hey guys, I don't know about all that, George..but even though drinking is not my problem..I have the worst heart in town! My heart longs for things that I can NOT have and I long for things that are not mine to have! I don't know why life has to hurt so much, George. Just when I'm feeling sorry for myself I see you guys have just as many hurts and needs as I have. That's what happens when we wrap ourselves in our own problems! I have been guilty of of being inwardly focused the last few days... We are all in this same leaky boat and we need each other..let's just hold on tight to each other and to the Lord and get through this! God will make the light shine on us and give us strength and comfort!
Kathy :)

dogcombat

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 10:33:47 AM »

Yes George,

We all have the habit of "re-crucifying Jesus", without realizing the MEANING of Jesus words "It's Finished".
Before God helps you up, He WILL humble you down.  Because you aren't HUMBLE until you been HUMBLED.  I think we're all experiencing growing pains.  That's why life hurts.  It's all part of growing up.    Here's what Paul noted in 2 Corinthians 1

2 Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
 5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.

6 And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.

7 And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.

8 For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life:

9 But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead:

10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;

11 Ye also helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed upon us by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our behalf.

12 For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.

George, God has shown through His word the difference between the many called and few chosen.  Everyone Grows old, very few grow up.  Paul's wrote in 1 Corinthians 3

1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

I've been going through some stuff myself, reading about some of your "friends" hit the nail on the head as to what was happeing to me.  Our dependace is to be on Jesus the Christ not just anybody.  I think of a line in  Rare Earth's "I Just Want To Celebrate"  

"Put my faith in the people, and the people let me down.  But I turn the other way and I carry on anyhow."    

In spite of what I'm dealing with, I hope that the will of God comforts all of us on this forum as we learn to live one day at a time.  I was told by a man who knew my Grandfather (on Dad's side of the family),  Grandpa's words to him before he became a successfull entrepeneur.  

"If you don't learn to slow down, you'll pass by more things that would have brought you joy that would balance out the things that catch up with you".  

Grandpa died 3 years before I was born.  Anyway,  I hope God teaches you to focus on Him in the midst of your struggles.

Ches

dogcombat

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 10:36:17 AM »

Hey guys, I don't know about all that, George..but even though drinking is not my problem..I have the worst heart in town! My heart longs for things that I can NOT have and I long for things that are not mine to have! I don't know why life has to hurt so much, George. Just when I'm feeling sorry for myself I see you guys have just as many hurts and needs as I have. That's what happens when we wrap ourselves in our own problems! I have been guilty of of being inwardly focused the last few days... We are all in this same leaky boat and we need each other..let's just hold on tight to each other and to the Lord and get through this! God will make the light shine on us and give us strength and comfort!
Kathy

Wow, Kathy you posted just as I was, I wished now I had waited because that's EXACTLY how I've been this week

Ches

G. Driggs

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 11:06:30 AM »

Thank you guys/gals so much, and thank God Almighty. You know I was re-reading some of Rays papers and he said something that really struck me I never noticed before. He said something like Christianity thinks when they come to Jesus everything will start to get easy, but the Truth is coming or being dragged to Jesus and getting saved is the hardest thing anyone will ever do. You all know it is through much tribulation that we enter into the Kingdom of God. I did not completely understand this when someone said it before, but now I know. Its how we deal with the tribulation that sets us apart from the rest of the world. They deal with it sinfully, we have been given grace to deal with it in a godly way, without sinning, or without sin having rule over us when things get rough. Thank God we have Jesus and everyone here to help.

Peace and Love

G.Driggs 

darren

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2009, 05:27:11 AM »

Remember G.Driggs, It is God who gives us the strength to stop. For me it's a bitch. I want to stop certain sins that I commit day in and day out, and night in and night out I keep asking God to give me the the courage and strength that I need in order to stop these sins. I feel bad that I can't stop theses sins and I feel like a hypocrite for asking God to help me. But until He is ready I will not be able to stop.  Remember it is God who works in us  and is in control of all things.

Darren
PS check out Rays audio Repent. it is really good.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 05:37:51 AM by darren »

blakparty

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2009, 09:45:39 PM »

Dude, you have no idea how much this sounds familuar.  I been through that so many times.  It took three years in and out of studying God's true Word before about two and a half years ago I took it very seriously.  And yes I had bad people around me at all times getting me to drink and get high and other things that I will not get into.  LOL! just use your imagination then again DON'T.  Well God does use evil to acomplish what is needed and looking back at these things I am so greatful.  I thought I was the best person in the word because I found the truth of God's Word and I thought I was better than anybody else especially people in the church.  God had to show me that I am no better than anybody else and that it was grace that makes me who I am and not I.  I finally relized that after three years and let me tell you, I was thinking the same thing you was Bro.  I am confident that you are walking the right path and remember this verse and I am done.  Here it is:
Ephesians 2:10
10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
So when we don't want to sin we sin away because it is God who through His spirit that shine a light on us to stop sinning and guilt is one of the results of God's spirit working on us with grace.
God bless, Rob (blakparty)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2009, 01:30:36 AM »

great post rob, great post.

claudia

G. Driggs

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2009, 01:59:12 PM »

Wow you really hit the nail on the head Rob! You have described me very accurately. What a shameful mess I was, kinda like the parable of the Prodigal Son. Hopefully like the Prodigal Son, I too will repent and begin to love and obey God. Thanks for the Scriptures and the encouragement.

Peace, G.Driggs 

gene hall

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2009, 06:06:46 PM »

Dear Bro Driggs, just read your post and could not control my tears. You are not alone. I do find life hard and I to wish I could stop sinning. I am terribly vexed with sin. I think I am the worst of sinners. God knows our hearts and he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins. I await the day when I shall see my Lord Jesus face to face and He will comfort me and make things right.  God be with you, Gene                                                                                                             

Ninny

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2009, 06:15:31 PM »

Oh Gene, you're definitely NOT the worst! Get in line...right behind me.... :-\
Kathy :(
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.