bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A couple small errors  (Read 4500 times)

G. Driggs

A couple small errors
« on: October 20, 2009, 06:54:34 AM »

I just wanted to bring to your attention a couple small errors made in The Depth of Satan - Who is Antipas? http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html

If you study the chart and look up every verse that Ray gives concerning the differences between the old and new covenant, you will see a few of the verse numbers are either non existent or just the wrong verse. Maybe you already know about this, but I remember someone saying if we find errors we should tell someone.
No big deal really, just some really small mistakes, we all make mistakes. Thats why we should all not want to be teachers. As teachers we are held to a higher or stricter judgment, and Im very sure Ray knows this.

Jas 3:1  My brothers and sisters, most of you shouldn't want to be teachers. You know that those of us who teach will be held more accountable.
Jas 3:2  All of us get tripped up in many ways. Suppose someone is never wrong in what he says. Then he is a perfect man. He is able to keep his whole body under control.

1Co 12:27  You are the body of Christ. Each one of you is a part of it.
1Co 12:28  First, God has appointed apostles in the church. Second, he has appointed prophets. Third, he has appointed teachers. Then he has appointed people who do miracles and those who have gifts of healing. He also appointed those able to help others, those able to direct things, and those who can speak in different kinds of languages they had not known before.
1Co 12:29  Is everyone an apostle? Is everyone a prophet? Is everyone a teacher? Do all work miracles?
1Co 12:30  Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in languages they had not known before? Do all explain what is said in those languages?
1Co 12:31  But above all, you should want the more important gifts. And now I will show you the best way of all.

I think theses verses are more for me than anyone else. Maybe this is off subject from my original post, but I just wanted to say to be a teacher has been an idol of my heart. I tried, but I began to realize I was making alot of mistakes. So just be careful what you say, learn from me and my mistakes. Double and triple check everything if need be.

You ever wonder what part of the body of Christ you are? Im still wondering, I at least hope im some part. Maybe it doesnt matter? I dunno.

Sincerely hope this helps someone, anyone.

Peace and Love

G.Driggs
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 06:57:42 AM by G. Driggs »

mharrell08

Re: A couple small errors
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 07:19:00 AM »

I just wanted to bring to your attention a couple small errors made in The Depth of Satan - Who is Antipas? http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html

If you study the chart and look up every verse that Ray gives concerning the differences between the old and new covenant, you will see a few of the verse numbers are either non existent or just the wrong verse. Maybe you already know about this, but I remember someone saying if we find errors we should tell someone.
No big deal really, just some really small mistakes, we all make mistakes. Thats why we should all not want to be teachers. As teachers we are held to a higher or stricter judgment, and Im very sure Ray knows this.

Did you send Dennis a PM with the exact verses you found to be in error?

Marques

G. Driggs

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 07:59:47 AM »

Hello and good morning Marques! :) Actually I did not know who to pm or anything, so I just posted it here.

Peace, G.Driggs

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 11:13:50 AM »

Hello and good morning Marques! :) Actually I did not know who to pm or anything, so I just posted it here.

Peace, G.Driggs

I'll let Dennis know about this one (from LOF #11 - http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html):

Purified the FLESH…Heb. 8:13                             Purged the CONSCIENCE…Heb. 8:14

This is meant to be Chapter 9 of Hebrews instead of Chapter 8:

Heb 9:13  For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

Heb 9:14  How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Thanks for the heads up and send Dennis a PM if you have found anymore,

Marques
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.