bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unknown  (Read 6322 times)

ingrid

Unknown
« on: October 20, 2009, 03:47:28 PM »

Greetings,

I don't know what will be.  I can no longer afford business rent, looking for a better financial arrangement.  The 1st. of the month is coming, and I still don't have the money for both, apartment and business rent.  I talked to my business landlord, pleading that she lowers the rent.  She did, $100, while it is some, it is still not enough of relief (I think).  Should I go?  Should I stay and try harder?  Where will I find a job now?

I'm praying.  Things seem to be in limbo.  Can anyone encourage me with Scriptures, perhaps I will get the exact spiritual food and encouragement that I need?  Thank you.

Please pray for me, Ingrid.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 03:50:56 PM by ingrid »

Marky Mark

Re: Unknown
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 04:11:28 PM »

Hello Ingrid and welcome to the forums. Hope you can find some solace with these verse.

3 John 1:2 KJV)
(2) Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Psalm 37:25 KJV)
I have been young, and {now} am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

(Psalm 23:1 KJV)
The Lord {is} my shepherd; I shall not want.

(Matthew 6:31-33 KJV)
(31) Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Where- withal shall we be clothed? (32) (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. (33) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

(Philippians 4:19 KJV)
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Peace...Mark

ingrid

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 05:04:54 PM »

Mark,

thank you for your encouragement, and for welcoming me to the forums.  I am new to it indeed, today is actually the very first time that I have posted something.

One scripture that you list hits me particularly, a subject which I have been lately pondering in my mind;  seeking the kingdom of God first.  What things of the kingdom of God are we to seek?  Please share your thoughts and convictions about what it means to "seek the kingdom of God first".  I know that being of the world is futile.  How can I better seek the kingdom?  Thank you.

Ingrid

G. Driggs

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 05:12:03 PM »

HI Ingrid welcome to the forum. To add to the Scriptures Mark gave you here are a few more, I hope they help.

Psa 9:18  But those who are in need will always be remembered. The hope of those who are hurting will never die.

Psa 72:12  People who are in need will cry out, and he will save them. He will save those who are hurting. They don't have anyone else who can help them.

Psa 140:12  I know that the LORD makes sure that poor people are treated fairly. He stands up for those who are in need.

Php 4:19  My God will meet all your needs. He will meet them in keeping with his wonderful riches that come to you because you belong to Christ Jesus.
Php 4:20  Give glory to our God and Father for ever and ever. Amen.

I know how it feels to have absolutely nothing, living in the streets, sleeping outside, being hungry, but God always took care of me, even when I didnt know it. He will take of you too no matter what. Trust in Him.

Praying for you Ingrid

Peace and Love

G.Driggs

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 06:02:44 PM »

Mark,

thank you for your encouragement, and for welcoming me to the forums.  I am new to it indeed, today is actually the very first time that I have posted something.

One scripture that you list hits me particularly, a subject which I have been lately pondering in my mind;  seeking the kingdom of God first.  What things of the kingdom of God are we to seek?  Please share your thoughts and convictions about what it means to "seek the kingdom of God first".  I know that being of the world is futile.  How can I better seek the kingdom?  Thank you.

Ingrid

Hello Ingrid and welcome to the forum,

Here is a transcript from a bible conference titled 'What is the Gospel of the Kingdom' (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6142.0.html)

And here is the audio (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html).

Here is a brief excerpt from the above transcript:

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE GOSPEL

Now we know who is the head of this kingdom, Jesus Christ the King.  If  we are going to be in the kingdom, we have to be like the King.  If you are going to be in the kingdom, if you are going to be a king, under the King, you’ve got to be like the King, right.  You can’t have some other agenda, you have the same agenda as the King. 

Now how do you become like the King?  Well you believe the gospel… “Repent, and believe in the gospel."   What is the gospel?  Well we had a little smattering of it.  The gospel is this message that Jesus Christ is going to raise the dead, heal the spiritually sick, give spiritual sight to the spiritual blind and be a blessing to all nations, all of these things. 

He said that His disciples were to go out and spread this gospel, did He not.  Were they commissioned to spread the gospel?  Do we know anything about what they did?  Well yes, because they wrote it down in books and letters. 

You read in the beginning of most books as Paul says in the first chapter of Romans, therefore it behooves me or something to that effect, to bring you (the Romans) the gospel.  He came to give the Romans the gospel and you can’t say amen and close the book, no because that is only the first half of chapter one.  Well what do you think is in chapter 2?  The gospel!  What is chapter 3 of Romans?  The gospel.  What is chapter 4?  The gospel. Chapter 15, chapter 16?  The gospel, the gospel, the gospel.  Well what is first Corinthians?  The gospel.  Second Corinthians?  The gospel.  Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians and Colossians?  The gospel. I and II  Thessalonians and I and II Timothy?  It’s the gospel. 
In Philemon He shows on Onesimus how to apply the principles of… the gospel, if he wants to be in the kingdom of God.  Hebrews?  It’s all about the gospel… the Old Testament and the Laws and what it couldn’t do and the New Testament and the Spirit and what it can and will do.  James, Peter, John, Jude, Revelation it‘s all the gospel! 

Col 1:27  To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles…

This is the gospel.  The gospel was preached to the Gentiles and the rest of the verse,

v. 27…which is Christ IN you, the hope of glory.

If you want to be this royal nation, this kingdom of priests, this peculiar treasure to God, one of the judges, one of the priests, one of the lords, one of the kings, then you have to have Christ in you.  That the hope of glory, Christ in you. 

Col 1:28  Whom we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.

That’s what the gospel is all about.  Acts, Romans, Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Timothy, these are all teachings on how to bring children - infants in Christ to perfection - maturity.  So that we can be elevated… King of kings and Lord of lords.

Thanks and again welcome to the forum,

Marques

Marky Mark

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 06:27:05 PM »

How can I better seek the kingdom?  Thank you.

Ingrid

What you can do to grow Spiritually.  For the Kingdoms sake.

As Marques has posted, it is about the Gospel [Word]  :)

2Tim 2;15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

(2 Peter 3:18 KJV)
(18) But grow in grace, and {in} the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him {be} glory both now and for ever. Amen.

(2 Peter 1:5-8 KJV)
(5) And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; (6) And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; (7) And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. (8) For if these things be in you, and abound, they make {you that ye shall} neither {be} barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

(Ephesians 3:14-19 KJV)
(14) For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, (15) Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, (16) That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; (17) That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, (18) May be able to comprehend with all saints what {is} the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; (19) And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

(Colossians 1:9-11 KJV)
(9) For this cause we also, since the day we heard {it}, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; (10) That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; (11) Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

(Colossians 3:16 KJV)
(16) Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

(Philippians 1:6,9,10 KJV)
(6) Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform {it} until the day of Jesus Christ: (9) And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and {in} all judgment; (10) That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;

Ephesians 4:14-15 KJV)
(14) That we {henceforth} be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, {and} cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; (15) But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, {even} Christ:

Peace...Mark

ingrid

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 08:51:08 PM »

Greetings again,

Mark, G. Driggs, and Marques, thank you all for such prompt response.  I have printed all with which you've responded, for my study and reflection.  I know that it will give me a fresh look at things and a new spiritual direction.  I thank God for you.

Ingrid

Roy Coates

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 01:55:45 AM »

"Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you." Peter 5:7

God will sustain you, Peace and Grace to you.
Roy

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 02:37:37 AM »

ingrid,
welcome into our humble abode.
regarding your matter, i would firstly ask, what kind of business you have. is it an option to run the business out of your home?  i can sympathize with your dilemma because my daughter and her husband own their own business, and i have seen the times when business rent expense can become overwhelming, especially in this economy.  but, take heart in knowing that your Father God loves you and is interested in your life.  exercise your faith and trust in Him.

claudia

Marlene

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 01:57:59 PM »

Ingrid, Welcome to the forum! God is with you even when it may feel impossible. I know, cause back in July I had a loved one come down with cancer. I had to apply a few years back for my disability. It had been 3 1/2 years. Just, in time I got a letter that I did not have to have a hearing and that I was to receive my disability. When, I looked at the date it had been approved , it was before I prayed to God and knew my niece had cancer. She takes care of my Sister who is paraylzed from a stroke . She works for a hospital during the day and takes care of my Sister when she does not work.

God can deal with any situation we find ourself in. He never leaves us hopeless.

In His Love,
Marlene.

ingrid

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 02:26:02 PM »

Well, I sort of owe you for all your wonderful replies, friends.  I've been away from the Forum being busy with solving business problems.  I found a new place of business, for very very little rent!  Much better financially wise than before.  I feel better, hopeful, and I don't get those butterflies in my stomach anymore.  God answered the prayers and worked it out!  I still have my business, and a job.  Thanks for your prayers.

Ingrid.

Marlene

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 09:22:23 PM »

Great news Ingrid.  God is good!

In His Love,
Marlene

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2009, 03:32:30 AM »

congrats ingrid!  God had you in His eyes all along, butterflies and all!

claudia

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2009, 05:27:57 AM »

Hello Marlene

When, I looked at the date it had been approved , it was before I prayed to God
8)

God causes us to pray, to reach for Him and to find Him. We can do nothing without Him. We can not even desire Him unless He puts that desire into our hearts.

“No man has ever in the history of the world received an answer to a prayer for something from God that God did not already have in His plan to give him. “  http://bible-truths.com/praying.htm

Hello Ingrid

Welcome to the forum :)

Act 17:26  From one man He made every nation of humanity to live all over the earth, fixing the seasons of the year and THE BOUNDARIES THEY LIVE IN,
Act 17:27  SO that they might look for God, somehow reach for Him, and find Him. Of course, He is never far from any one of us..

Arc

ingrid

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 04:42:28 PM »

Hello guys,

I must write to you how God cares for me.  Many times I feel like I'm struggling on my own, but then something always happens to deliver me from a troublesome situation.  I love praying to God today, because I know that He definitely hears me.  In my first post of "Unknown" I thought I'm completely sinking economically and had to find a cheaper business rent.  I did.  I survived.  And now it all makes perfect sense, and the place I'm in at this time is very beneficial for me for many reasons. 

The problems were mounting for a while, but the change was sudden.  I'm learning how to work with God and trust his decisions and moves, although some moments are just simply frightening, hands down.

All your above encouragement has also given me spiritual direction which greatly helped me to pull through.  Thank you.

Love,
Ingrid.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 05:23:31 PM »

It is wonderful, Ingrid, that you are learning to trust God. Only His Spirit could cause you to experience this miracle of His Love.

Arc

Roy Coates

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 08:34:42 PM »

Your testimony gave me encouragment too. Thanks for the update. Praise God

Marlene

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2010, 05:00:31 AM »

So, happy to hear you news. God does take care of his children.

In His Love,
Marlene
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.