bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: revealing the man of sin  (Read 6279 times)

hart4god

revealing the man of sin
« on: June 14, 2006, 10:11:58 AM »

So this is probably not like a deep intellectual or spiritual question but some input would be comforting or insightful-

When or while we are standing on the sand after our spiritual house has fallen and we see the beast- do you think this type of revelation or process happens in an instant of time or do you think it could occur over the span of many years or both? Is coming out of Babylon an event or a process?

It seems to me that I have been going through such things for the past ten years and I would like to know if I am just history repeating myself because I am not "getting it", or does it really take this long ( and longer- since I know I am not finished yet!)

-just to let you know I am having a really bad beast day!
thanks
hart4god

rocky

Re: revealing the man of sin
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 10:38:59 AM »

Quote from: hart4god
So this is probably not like a deep intellectual or spiritual question but some input would be comforting or insightful-

When or while we are standing on the sand after our spiritual house has fallen and we see the beast- do you think this type of revelation or process happens in an instant of time or do you think it could occur over the span of many years or both? Is coming out of Babylon an event or a process?

It seems to me that I have been going through such things for the past ten years and I would like to know if I am just history repeating myself because I am not "getting it", or does it really take this long ( and longer- since I know I am not finished yet!)

-just to let you know I am having a really bad beast day!
thanks
hart4god

For me, to even "see" the beast within at all is a miracle.  That for me was a long and hard process.  But because of the Light of Christ shining on and in me, I am now able to "see" my sin/the beast, notice when it rears up, and confess it.  But even that, is still a process, but it does seem to happen quicker.  

Till the day I physically die, the beast will show it's ugly head.   But the ability of Christ to show me that, testifies to where He has brought me.  

Recently, God has been really speaking to me to quit defining myself by the beast, to quit defining myself by my sins.  He has been telling me, the very fact you see your sins, is the work of Me (Christ, the light)  

1Jo 1:7  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. (the light is what shows us who the beast is)

1Jo 1:8  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1Jo 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1Jo 1:10  If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Rom 7:23  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.   (can only see if the light is there)

God bless.

buddyjc

revealing the man of sin
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 12:46:07 PM »

The way I see it, is recognizing the beast for what it is is immediate, but overcoming the flesh is a life-long process.

eutychus

revealing the man of sin
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 01:08:01 PM »

yes endure till the end!!

that old beast will always rear its ugly head, as we grow
we are able to recognize it from afar.
and
nip it in the bud :wink:

good stuf guys
chuckt

hart4god

revealing the man of sin
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 09:10:17 PM »

Hey Thanks to all,

At times in the past I knew not what I was looking at, just that it was SO UGLY. now it is the familiar face in the mirror-
there are so many sides to this beast that just when I think I have killed the largest....would you say- it grows another head? I think wild beasts cannot be tamed- only killed.

I think I should be careful for the beast is trying to look quite pretty. and so avoid the sword.

:wink:

in Christ,
hart4god

JesusOnly

revealing the man of sin
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 10:46:58 PM »

I don't know...(perhaps i really do)... but I think there is too way much concetration on this beast within.

Better to examine the light within?

hillsbororiver

revealing the man of sin
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 11:53:00 PM »

He would love to be ignored.........

hillsbororiver

revealing the man of sin
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 12:20:20 AM »

.........and tolerated.

chrissiela

revealing the man of sin
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 12:48:20 AM »

2Th 2:8  
And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:[/list:u]

Perhaps that is what JesusOnly was referring to??

Chrissie

Daniel

revealing the man of sin
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 02:07:50 AM »

:lol:  The only thing the beast can do is "hate" (specially the harlot right?) Wow, let that define our position :shock:

No use dwelling on "it". I think we got to overcome our own face here perhaps? Not being a hearer only but a doer, deceiving ourselves and beholding only our "natural face" in the mirror (men being beasts?).

Just a thought, keep your minds on the things above. Seems like a healthy directive since we are called to get past it, overcome it rather then harp on it?

Peace

Daniel

eutychus

revealing the man of sin
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 09:46:46 AM »

amen.

and where do we start?

with faith, correct?

Mar 5:6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,

NOW:

2Pe 1:9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

what things???

3His divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue.

4Thereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises, that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5And besides this, using all diligence, add to your faith virtue, and to virtue knowledge,

6and to knowledge temperance, and to temperance patience, and to patience godliness,

7and to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness charity.

8For if these things be in you and abound, they make you that ye shall be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

peace
chuckt

ned

Re: revealing the man of sin
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 12:35:53 PM »

Luke 10:18-20 "And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightening fall from heaven. Behold I give unto you power to tread on  serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy; and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven."

I have hope by this passage that I will someday be able to overcome the enemy in this lifetime. Because Jesus has overcome the evil one (John 16:33), is the only reason we, his followers, can also overcome.

Although, when I think of Paul's "thorn in the flesh", evil is used to weaken us, and God then tells us His strength is made perfect in our weakness (2Cor12:7-9).

So, I guess we will have to endure to the very end?! If my weakness makes me stronger in the Lord that makes me want to lean on Him that much more.

Humbling...

Marie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.