bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yvonne  (Read 3885 times)

stephen

Yvonne
« on: October 24, 2009, 12:57:02 PM »

So much has happened in our family since Yvonne was critically injured in a motor accident on 17 May 2009. To understand the full extent to which God poured out His love and grace on us I need to give a brief background on our family’s past.

As Husband and wife we were always involved in the church. From worship leaders to prayer meetings, youth pastors, hospital visitation or leading home fellowship meetings, the Louws could always be counted on to their bit for the Lords work. To use an old expression, we were so heavenly minded that we were no earthly good. The things that really matter  and in which our lights should have been shining the brightest was last on our list of importance and day by day the relationship between Yvonne and myself and our children deteriorated until there was nothing meaningful left. When at last I came to my senses and  sensed the resentment from our children it was to late.  Yvonne was still blissfully unaware of our failings as parents and placed “God” and the church before else. She and I eventually went our separate ways, as did our children. Our eldest son and daughter were married and just about disappeared out of our lives. Our youngest daughter moved in with her married sister which only lasted about 5 months before she moved in with me,  with no love lost between the two.

I was devastated. How could this happen to our once beautiful family. I really felt as if God had abandoned me, after all, I had committed my life to Him. How could He do this to us? At a time I needed it most and when I started having doubts if God really existed I stumbled across Bible-Truths. At that stage I thought it was a stroke of luck but today I realize that God never abandoned me and His plans were well in place. All praise to God for the spiritual insight I have received through Ray’s understanding of God’s word and though he might not know it, his obedience to God has had an indescribable influence on our family. With my previous understanding of the scriptures I would have viewed Yvonne’s accident as an attack by Tanglefoot (Satan) on our family because we had sinned and moved out from God’s covering and thus opened the door for Satan and his demons.

On Sunday 17 May this year Yvonne was involved in a serious motor accident. She was flown away from the scene by helicopter with a fractured scull, broken ribs, fractured pelvis, internal abdominal bleeding and a few other broken bones. By the time we became aware that she was missing she had already been operated on. She was in a coma for just under 4 weeks and the prognosis was that she had serious brain damage and if she ever recovered she would always need to be cared for and would have the mental capacity of a young child. That was man’s opinion, but through the faithful prayers of many at Bible-truths that God’s will be done not only in Yvonne’s life, but also in our family, we as a family have witnessed a restoration that can only be a miracle from God and nothing, nothing else.

Yvonne is almost fully recovered and back at work. No one would ever be able to tell that 6 months ago she had such a traumatic experience and for that we give God all the praise and glory. For me however the bigger miracle is the restoration in the family. By His grace and mercy God has brought forgiveness and love into our family. Relationships have been restored to a family that 6 months earlier was filled with animosity and resentment. I am one very blessed and happy man and praise God daily for his mercy.

Yvonne has promised to write a letter to thank everyone at Bible-truths for their prayers. We are still separated but that can change in the near future. She is back at her Babylonian church but I had reason to smile when the other day someone commented to her that “Satan almost stole your life”, she replied “No, this was all from God. He used it to restore our family and to make me realize that my family is important”

My apologies for being so quiet of late. A lot has happened to keep me busy but I'm back now.

God bless

Stephen
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 06:16:47 PM by stephen »

Ninny

Re: Yvonne
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 01:35:18 PM »

Steven, I am so happy to hear this I have prayed for you ever since the accident..I have waited for you to say that God has restored your family to you..You're right about being so heavenly minded that you are no earthly good...I have seen this happen so many times..it could have happened to me..or to anyone!

We just do not know the ways of God! He loves us so and we are just so thick-skulled we don't let his love reach our understanding. I know a couple who were in church every time the doors were opened, every small group the church offered they were in! They have 2 small children and the children were left in the church's child care while the parents were in their groups...I said they don't understand that just because the doors are open you don't have to go in!! Well, now they are divorced, their children spend most of their time with their grandmother or shuffled between the two parents...I do pray that God would NOT have to use such a dire way to open their eyes as he has done for you and Yvonne!
Thank God, Steven I pray for the best outcome for you and your family..God is good and He is your Father who loves you!!
Kathy :-* :D

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 04:08:50 PM »

Thank you so much for sharing.  It pierced me deep. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 06:45:49 PM »

That is fantastic news! God is good. He loves families and knows what is best for them. I have heard of people breaking up in the family , when too much time is given to the church and not to there family. 

God knows we need personal time as well as family time to study and worship him. Every day is filled with problems of there own. We do not have to be doing things all the time in a church. We are the church and we need to worship in Spirit and Truth.  I hope your marriage will be restored sometime, if this is God's will for you all. It certainly looks like that is what he has planned.

So glad she has been healed.

In His Love,
Marlene

blakparty

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 09:58:56 PM »

That is great news and it just reminds me that God is great even in times we think he isn't.  I love to see stories like that because it gives me hope.  Thanks for the hope Stephen!  Love Rob(blakparty)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 01:21:41 AM »

i too thank you for sharing your story stephen.  and, i am thankful to our Father for His loving mercy and grace which He has gifted to you stephen, and to your yvonne and your children.  if yvonne truly believes in her spiritual heart and mind that all is of God, then it would appear she is ready in her spirit to learn more of what you have learned through ray's teaching.  i will also pray that God will heal your hearts for each other and heal your marriage so that you no longer have to be seperated.

claudia

G. Driggs

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 02:27:49 PM »

Thank you Stephen for sharing your testimony, so awesome how God works, turn something bad like a serious motor accident and family problems into something good.

Peace, G.Driggs

EKnight

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 04:16:55 PM »

Stephen,

Such a beautiful example of the Lord's plan and it's ultimate outcome.  I pray that God continues the healing he has begun in your family.  You are so very blessed!

Eileen

Linny

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 12:48:09 PM »

Stephen, your story so touched my heart!  :)
Thank you for sharing it with us. God is SO good.
Lin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.