bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If we sin willfully there remains no more sacrifice for sin  (Read 10515 times)

Lorine

If we sin willfully there remains no more sacrifice for sin
« on: October 24, 2009, 11:54:37 PM »

I have read most of Ray's writings and am overwhelmed with the answers I have received to many questions.
One question I have that I don't understand and maybe some of you can help me out is as follows
The scripture says in Romans 10:26 that "If we sin willfully after
we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no
more sacrifice for sin"
If there is no more sacrifice for sin how can this person be saved.
There is something I'm missing here.
Lorine

mharrell08

Re: If we sin willfully there remains no more sacrifice for sin
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 12:38:13 AM »

I have read most of Ray's writings and am overwhelmed with the answers I have received to many questions.
One question I have that I don't understand and maybe some of you can help me out is as follows
The scripture says in Romans 10:26 that "If we sin willfully after
we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no
more sacrifice for sin"
If there is no more sacrifice for sin how can this person be saved.
There is something I'm missing here.
Lorine

Email reply from Ray (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=7848.0):

Dear Chuck:  I am going to have to do a bit of "interpretation" on this one, as the words themselves are not precise enough.  "Willfully" in the King James means "voluntarily."  It is like a "freewill" offering in the Old Testament which meant nothing more than an offering given "voluntarily"--it was not demanded.

When one sins willfully or voluntarily, it means that he has lost his conscience about those particular sins. He feels no guilt nor shame for committing them.  We all sin, but sin is not to "reign" over us, as Paul admonishes.  When we sin, we should recognize it as sin, and feel shame, and repent, and go on. Once we feel no guilt nor shame, there only remains "judgment" which will assuredly remove (through fiery trials and purging) these "adversaries" that plague the human race. Hope that helps.
God be with you,
Ray

Hope this helps,

Marques

jerreye

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 12:57:10 AM »

Hi, did you mean Hebrews 10:26?

Strongs:
"Sin Willfully": to sin wilfully as opposed to sins committed inconsiderately, and from ignorance or from weakness

To persist in this remorseless, willful sinful state when you know the truth, is like KNOWING that jumping off a skyscraper will result in certain death, but doing it ANYWAY.

What is the result of this willful persistence in sin? vs 27: "but a terrifying EXPECTATION of judgment and the fury of a fire which will CONSUME the ADVERSARIES (Heb: Hostility/Opposition...everything that is in opposition to God and righteousness)."

Why is this fiery judgment EXPECTED? Because the person is PERSISTING in sin and is knowingly stomping on the truth like a bug - verse 29.

However, it is the FIRE that saves the PERSON. God consumes that which is in opposition to him (namely, your sins), but the PERSON is "saved, yet so, as BY FIRE" - 1 Cor 3:15

This is sort of how I see it.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 12:59:32 AM by jerreye »

Kat

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 01:34:53 AM »

Hi Lorine,

This is from the '08 Bible study 'Can We Lose God's Spirit and Eonian Life?'

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7047.0.html ---

1John 3:9  Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin…

He means to practice - be committing - repetitively committing, you can’t practice it.  It doesn’t mean we won’t sin, we all sin, we all make mistakes, we all say dumb things and do dumb things.   But you are not to make a practice of it.  I mean you’ll goof up, you can try your best and you’re still going to screw up.  But if you practice what you know is wrong, then I mean you are a long way from living right.

v. 10  In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother.
v. 11  For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

These are just very basic Scriptures as you can find and John talks more about love than any other Apostle.

v. 14  We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loves not his brother abides in death.

Because we know the reward is eonian life.  If you don’t receive the reward, you go on to judgment.  It doesn’t mean you are going to suffer in hell for all eternity, but you must go through judgment.
v
v
“For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,” (Heb. 10:26)

Well how are you going to be saved, if the sacrifice for sins doesn’t even apply to you?  But here is what you will get the next verse 27… “But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.”  That’s what you can look forward to.

This is from 'Despising the Word of God' the April '08 Bible Study.  
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7414.0.html ----

Rom. 11:21  For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest He also spare not you.
v. 22  Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness: otherwise you also shall be cut off.

But we are not at the end yet.  Is it conceivable that some of them that He was talking to were cut off?   Yes I think so, you go to the book of Hebrews and it says if you sin willfully, willingly, knowingly, wantingly after you have come to the knowledge of the truth, there is no more sacrifice for you (Heb. 10:26).  Is that the end though?  Remember God declares the end, the total end from the beginning, when death is swallowed up in victory?  Is that the end?  No if you read further back in Hebrews, there is no more sacrifice for you, BUT!  But what?  JUDGMENT!

What did we learn in Isaiah where the declarations of God is.  When God’s judgments are on you the nations “shall beat their swords into plowshares” and the unrighteous “will learn righteousness.”  That’s what will happen.

v. 23  And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in…

Well why would they not stay grafted in in unbelief?  Because they are going to be judged and when you are judged you learn righteousness

v. 23 … for God is able to graft them in again.

Now there it is.  You have just read where God blinded a whole nations and they were cut off and they died in there sins and He says I can bring them back and graft them in.  Who you going to believe?  The Scriptures or these filthy minded heretics.  You can die in your sins and you can be brought back to life from the dead and you can be grafted in, you just read it.  God is able!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this is helpful.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 01:35:59 AM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.