bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: my first prayer request.  (Read 4113 times)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
my first prayer request.
« on: November 01, 2009, 02:59:45 AM »

my sister, janice, and her husband, mike, were in a motorcycle accident this afternoon.  they were both taken to a trauma center here in austin, and both are stabile. praise God our Father!   they live about 15-20 mins. from me, and this particular sister is the one i am and have always been closest to.  both in age and personality.  and, janice has listened to me talk many times about ray's teachings.  she is very ripe to the Truth, and indeed already understands that when you die you sleep in death, and that the whole heaven and hell yada yada we learned growing up as kids in the first baptist church, was well, bunk.  anyway, my sister's injuries are worse than my brother-in-laws.  janice's left lower leg was shattered in 3 places, between the knee and the mid-lower leg.  she told me she had just taken off her riding gloves, right before the accident.  and her hands and fingers paid the price.  she has a significant gash in the palm of her left hand.  this was indeed significant, as i was standing right next to the trauma doc when she was looking at my sister's hand, she was showing me that you could see the tendons flex as the doc had my sister flex her fingers.  bottom line with janice is, they will do surgery on her left leg on monday to put pins in the shattered bone.  early this evening she went into surgery so they could get a better look at the gash in her palm.  they had to totally knock her out to get a look at it.  it was bad.  it is 3/4 -1 in. deep and was hanging on by a small section of skin.  praise God again!  anyway, in surgery they were able to clean the wound out and dress it.  she will most likely need plastic surgery on the hand because the doc told me there was a section of skin missing.  possible skin graft would be needed.  she has stitches on 4 fingers at the knuckles on her right hand, and not sure how many knuckles were stitched up on the left hand, as it was bandaged before she came too.  i saw them before they had been cleaned up and it looked like she had drug her lower arms and hands on the pavement. because, well, she actually did just that.  but, there didn't appear to be any broken bones in the hands or forearms.  her husband, mike, has a lacerated spleen, and 2 broken ribs at his lower back, at the back part of his ribcage.  he has a significant gash right above his left eyebrow which required stitches.  he (and janice too) have various places with road rash and cuts, large areas of deep bruising, but Praise God again!  the doc told us that per the ct scan, the spleen wasn't as bad as originally thought, and they are keeping him in icu to observe the bleeding in the spleen.  if the bleeding stops, the spleen can heal itself, but if the bleeding continues, they will remove the spleen.  so, i apologize for so many details, but wanted to let you know of their individual, specific needs, so that specific prayers could be lifted.  i will keep you updated on their progress, and let you know a little more about the accident.  thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers, and for being my family too.

claudia
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 05:22:43 PM by cjwood »

blakparty

Re: my first prayer request.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 09:35:02 AM »

I am so sorry to hear that.  I will definitely keep you, your sister Janice and your brother in law in prayer.  I like your attitude in the whole situation and it is a lesson to me to stay strong in the Lord no matter what because ultimately He is in control of all situations and have the answer.  Through the last couple of years God has shown me that and you are one more example of that.  The hope that you have just jump out from your post.  So I hope everything will go well for you and God's will will be done in your situation.  Love in Christ, Rob (blakparty)

P.S. My favorite Scripture:
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

I don't know if this Scripture have anything to do with your situation but I like it because it is so true! :)

9440geoff

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 04:57:05 PM »

Hi Claudia,

This must have been a horrible shock to you, with your sister being so close to you as well.

I'm praying for Janice and Mike, that God will bring His healing to their injuries, and that Janice's leg will heal with no adverse after effects; also that she will retain full use of her hand. Praying that Mike will make a full recovery, too.

Geoff

Linny

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 07:31:30 PM »

Claudia,
Your family will be in my prayers. I find myself thankful that their injuries are as they are and not much worse. Motorcycle accidents can be so very bad. Will be praying for only good news and quick recoveries for both.
Lin

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 07:59:03 PM »

Claudia, I'm so sorry to hear about that...my prayers will be for all of you. for healing and for peace. and thank God for the miracle of life!
Love,
Kathy :'( :-*

Marlene

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 10:38:38 PM »

Claudia, My prayers are with you . I will pray for Janice and Mike that they both are healed and can endure the surgeries that are needed.
I know, how shocked you must have been.  You have always been so kind to pray for me and my family. I always, have been blessed by your words in your posts and your kind prayers.

In His Love,
Marlene

firefly77

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 10:39:39 AM »

Claudia,
I will definitely be praying for restoration; I think it is a miracle that they are alive.

Peace,
Angie

Patrick

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 02:22:53 PM »

Hang in there, Claudia.

OBrenda

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 04:14:54 PM »

Claudia,

I've always admired your gift for what to say in prayer for others.  I feel so inadequate and useless.  Even in your asking for prayer, you bring and shine hope.  I will pray and trust in God's blessing on your family.

Hugs,
Brenda

EKnight

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 01:11:24 AM »

As always, my kindred spirit Brenda took the words right out of my mouth.  You're prayers are always said so beautifully but God knows what is in our hearts and He is now reading mine and knows how sad I feel for you and your family.  And He knows what my heart wants to say which my words cannot express.  All of you will be in my prayers.

Eileen

cjwood

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 02:06:06 AM »

thank you all for the prayers and support.  i have just gotten home from the hospital.  All Praise and Glory goes to God the Father and Jesus Chrisst for ALL the circumstances which are daily showing themselves to us, testifying that INDEED, this is all of GOD the ALMIGHTY ONE.  my brother-in-law, mike, is set to be released from the hospital tomorrow sometime.  his spleen has begun healing itself, and per the x-rays, the laceration is healing itself and there has been no more bleeding since yesterday (sun.) afternoon.  my sister, janice, had to have her leg surgery postponed because she has inflammation and white spots on her throat, most likely due to the trach tube which they used on her when she was put under for the surgery on her hand.  her leg surgery has been reset for tomorrow mid morning (tues.) if her throat looks ok.  her hand, per the plastic surgeon, should heal ok without having to do a skin graft.  so, prayerfully, no more hand surgery.  anyway, i just wanted to tell you all thank you so much for the support of prayer.  our Father knew that we would indeed need the ability to support one another in our times of trials and despair, and prayer is most definitely the answer to that need. 

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.