bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone else grow up thinking they were THE "anti-christ" ?  (Read 4834 times)

jacobbsladdr

Anyone else grow up thinking they were THE "anti-christ" ?
« on: November 03, 2009, 05:58:48 PM »

I'm curious, did anyone else growing up ever think to themselves that they were THE "anti-christ" ?

Growing up, I always had what I determined to be severely evil thoughts.  Looking back, my thoughts were not much different from any other 7-15 yr old boys.  I idolized & wanted to be Gi-Joe and I loved to fight , get dirty, get into trouble, etc.  It's really no surprise that I ended up going into the Marines even though I hated the idea of being in the military and being screamed at 24/7.  Not to mention I despised the idea of communal living. 

Anyway, growing up, I always had it in the back of my mind, what if I'm THE anti-christ and I think at times I actually enjoyed the idea that I could be.  Usually it was when I had gotten in trouble or a fight at home and was so angry that all I could think about was getting back at my adoptive family.  I would imagine I was the ultimate evil and make them pay.  Of course if we are to go by the common beliefs held by the church regarding where the anti-christ is supposed to come from, like what is eluded to in the movies Omen, etc. I have nothing in common with the supposed anti-christ that religions claim will deceive the entire world and rule it, declare himself God in the newly built temple in Jerusalem, go to war and bring about Armageddon, etc.  But since I was adopted and didn't know who my parents were, it was easy to imagine I was the devils offspring.  Besides my adoptive fathers Mother (my grandmother) was always telling me and anyone else who would listen to her how evil and bad I was and how the devil would come to me at night w/his flaming sword ready to take me home to hell.

What I find severely interesting NOW, is that even at a young age... 7-15 yrs old, God was speaking to me, I just didn't have the eyes and ears to see & understand... but I was being told that I was one of the many beasts on earth, I was no different than anyone else who struggled with that carnal nature inside of them.  Looking back, I see it so clearly now.  It's ridiculous how blind I was growing up to the clues that God dropped right in front of me on a pretty regular basis.  I feel like a completely fool for thinking such things as a kid back then, but honestly my imagination was so uncontrollable and i was so hyper as a child, and given the environment and situations I had to deal with 24/7, I'm really amazed I even survived my childhood.  It's just reaffirming to now understand that yes I do have a beast in me, yes I do battle with the beast and I must don God's armor to overpower it.  Everyday I must die to my flesh until I reach that point where it no longer has any power over me and the beast is chained away and unable to cause problems in my life.

I just wonder if anyone else had those same experiences as a child, thinking they were the ultimate evil.

G. Driggs

Re: Anyone else grow up thinking they were THE "anti-christ" ?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 07:16:44 PM »

Yes I think I thought I might be THE anti-christ one time, I even thought I might be one of the 2 witnesses in Revelation. Talk about being prideful and arrogant. So it was kind of a bummer when I heard Ray explain what the 2 witnesses really were. At the same time it was one of the most awesomest revelations for me to learn the truth about the 2 witnesses.

The truth is, I really was a TYPE of anti-christ, seeing how I believed all the damnable heresies and preached them too. And I really never knew our Creator humbled Himself to become a fleshy human like me. That truth still blows me away when I think about it.

As a child I remember my grandmother speaking in our native tongue about how God is in control of everybody, and that everybody was going to heaven, and I never ever forgot that. She seemed to get very upset when she talked about those two subjects. Now that I think about it I think she was just speaking with authority, because she would raise her voice and it kinda freaked me out. My grandmother was part of the reason or the cause which caused me to search for the Truth. Its like you said JL, God was dropping clues all my life, but I never completely believed it.

When I first heard Ray teach about God's sovereignty there was never any doubt again about His power. It was such a relief to hear someone else who believed the same thing, and was able to prove it through Scriptures.

Sorry to get off subject, but yeah, I thought I was so evil that maybe I was THE anti-christ or half demon or something.

Interesting topic JL.

Peace, G.Driggs

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 12:37:16 PM »

I did. Cuz I thought I was THAT bad. And I was right, but I wasn't the only one around, or so I found out years later.

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

F@lgn0n

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 04:25:53 PM »

I did too, for a while consider the possibility that I might be. It was around that time that I began questioning the doctrines of the church. I thought about Judas - realising that he didn't really have any choice in being who he was (the one who betrays Jesus.) I thought: "what if God has appointed me to become the 'Antichrist' - would I have any choice about it? But then I'd end up in Hell!
I didn't want to be the 'Antichrist' and I just could not get my head around the idea that God would APPOINT me or anyone else to an eternity of torment for something they had no choice about - like Judas. I believed he must have repented and said his little "ten-second" prayer - but I just could not prove it from the Word. And, thinking about it now - that's really where my journey out of Babylon began . . .
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 04:27:36 PM by F@lgn0n »

Roy Martin

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 08:20:07 AM »

Well I never thought I was the a.c. but when I was five I thought I was as strong as Popeye after eating some spinach then trying to lift the house off the ground. Needless to say I was disappointed, but it didn't change my feelings about Popeye.

Roy

Linny

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 11:43:15 AM »

Roy! That was such a "musicman" response!  ;) :D

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 11:57:49 AM »

Only less offensive!!! heehee!!  :D
Kathy ;)

By the way JL, I'm glad you survived those years, some kids can't kick that..You're a strong guy..it's easy to see what God has done in your life! It's exciting to think what He will continue in you.. I'm praying for you, as always!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 12:08:38 PM by Ninny »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 11:48:16 PM »

no, i never thought i was, it was only until i came to rays website that i realized i truly am the anti-Christ, the BEAST! funny how things work ... lol

cjwood

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 07:59:34 PM »

Well I never thought I was the a.c. but when I was five I thought I was as strong as Popeye after eating some spinach then trying to lift the house off the ground. Needless to say I was disappointed, but it didn't change my feelings about Popeye.

Roy

hey roy,
did it change your feelings about spinach?    ;D

claudia

cjwood

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 08:03:52 PM »

Everyday I must die to my flesh until I reach that point where it no longer has any power over me and the beast is chained away and unable to cause problems in my life.

hi mike,
i just reread your original thread post and it is like i just saw this statement for the first time.  i read right over it the first time.  anyway, i just wanted to say what an inspiration your comment was. 

and, i wanted to tell you what a delight it was for me to get to meet you in mobile.

'i was lost, but now am found,
i was blind, but now i see'

we all are there, in one degree or another.

claudia

Roy Martin

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 08:03:11 AM »

Claudia, every time I eat spinachk, I say, " I'm strong to the finishk cause I eat my spinachk.

Everyday I must die to my flesh until I reach that point where it no longer has any power over me and the beast is chained away and unable to cause problems in my life.

This is something I should ask God for each day as I just did. Thank you for the inspiration as well.

Peace
Roy
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 08:04:49 AM by Roy Martin »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.