bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old vs. New  (Read 5365 times)

hillsbororiver

Old vs. New
« on: June 14, 2006, 12:43:48 PM »

I posted this (copy & paste)  on another thread as I veered off the main focus of the Topic a bit, it is something I believe we should consider when we get bogged down in worldly issues and problems, sometimes forgetting "My yoke is light" and that He is our source of strength and whether we presently understand His purpose or reasoning at this time or not. He is in control of all things.

All through the Old Testament we read of vengeance, hate, retribution by many of the Patriarchs and physical Israel, what do we read about vengeance in the New Testament?

Rom 12:19  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Heb 10:30  For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

And also we must not forget,

1Pe 3:9  Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

We are not of this world if we follow Him, going back to worldly debates and immersing ourselves in its politics and spitefulness is not the way to grow unto perfection.

It is not my intention to get preachy or self righteous or that I am setting myself up as a teacher (heaven forbid) this is only an attempt to give all of us the peace that is trusting in Him, to sort this all out.

Only a year ago I was a right wing get the thugs, blow 'em up kind of guy, I listened to news programs constantly, yelling at the tube or radio if I did not agree, I resembled a lunatic, I was more extreme than most anybody I knew. Now having His peace, life is better, much better. It is hard at times, if I don't have my armor on and I backslide and return to my carnal ways I am miserable, the worst kind of anxiety is self induced.

We all know how many denominations are gung ho pro war pro country, patriotism and all that, remember what Jesus said in regard to following Him?

Here is the copy and paste from Lake of Fire Part XI;

"For the Law was given by Moses [that would be the OLD Covenant], but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ [that would be the NEW Covenant]" (John 1:17).

Law is good, but grace and truth is better. Grace and truth is a much more demanding and much higher calling. If you aspire to be among the "chosen" you must learn what the New Covenant really is. Here is a chart we prepared for Michael Vinson's paper on The Law, which shows some of the many differences between the Old and the New Covenants—between Moses and Jesus:

Old Mosaic Covenant
 New Spiritual Covenant

OLD Covenant…II Cor. 3:14
 NEW Covenant…II Cor. 3:6

FIRST Covenant…Heb. 8:7,9:1
 SECOND Covenant…Heb. 8:7,10:1-9

Came by Moses…John 1:17
 Came by Christ…Heb. 8:6,9:15

Law of God in STONE…II Cor. 3:3
 Law of God in HEART…Heb. 10:16

Law of MOSES…Acts 13:38-39
 Law of CHRIST…Gal. 6:2

Law of the flesh…Rom. 7:5-6
 Law of the SPIRIT…Rom. 8:2

NOT of faith…Gal. 3:2
 Law of FAITH…Rom. 3:27

Yoke of BONDAGE…Gal. 5:1
 Law of LIBERTY…James 1:25

Law of SIN…Rom. 7:5-6
 Law of RIGHTEOUSNESS…Rom. 9:30-31

Law of DEATH…II Cor. 3:7
 Law of LIFE…Gal. 3:11, 6:8

Christ removes OLD…Heb. 10:9
 Christ enacted the NEW…Heb.10:9

A SHADOW…Col. 2:14-17
 The REALITY…Heb. 10:1-18

FULFILLED…Matt. 5:17-18
 NOW IN FORCE…Heb. 8:6,10:9

Priesthood CHANGED…Heb. 7:12
 UNCHANGEABLE Priesthood…Heb. 7:24

MANY sacrifices…Heb. 9:12-13
 ONE sacrifice for sin…Heb. 10:12

IMPERFECT…Heb. 7:19
 PERFECT…Heb. 7:19

Blood of ANIMALS…Heb. 9:19
 Blood of CHRIST…Matt. 26:28

Circumcision…Ex. 12:48
 Uncircumcision…Rom. 4:9-12

WORKS of law…Gal. 3:10
 NOT of works but GRACE…Eph. 2:8

REMEMBERS sins…Heb. 10:3
 FORGETS sins…Heb. 10:17

YEARLY atonement…Heb. 10:3
 PERMANENT atonement…Heb. 10:4

SINFUL priests…Heb. 5:3
 SINLESS priest…Heb. 7:26

AARONIC priesthood…Heb. 7:11
 MELCHISEDEC priest…Heb. 5:5-10

MANMADE tabernacle…Heb. 8:5
 HEAVENLY tabernacle…Heb. 8:2,11

Out of LEVI…Heb. 7:11
 Out of JUDAH…Heb. 7:14

WEAK, UNPROFITABLE…Heb. 7:18
 POWER of ENDLESS LIFE…Heb. 7:16

NO inheritance…Rom. 4:13
 ETERNAL inheritance…Heb. 9:15

Sacrifice of ANIMALS…Heb. 9:13
 Sacrifice of CHRIST…Heb. 9:28

Purified the FLESH…Heb. 8:13
 Purged the CONSCIENCE…Heb. 8:14

PRODUCES wrath…Rom. 4:15
 SAVES from wrath…Rom. 5:9

Perfected NOTHING…Heb. 7:19
 Perfects BELIEVERS…Heb. 10:14

NO MERCY…Heb. 10:28
 COMPLETE MERCY…Heb. 8:12

NO justification…Acts 13:39
 BELIEVERS justified…Acts 13:39

BRINGS a curse…Gal. 3:10
 REDEEMS from curse…Acts 3:13

ABOLISHED…II Cor. 3:13
 CONTINUES IN GLORY…II Cor. 3:11

Brought DEATH…II Cor. 3:7
 Brought RECONCILIATION…II Cor. 5:18

ISRAEL ONLY…Deut. 4:7-8,5:3
 ALL MANKIND…Mark 14:24, II Cor. 5:14-19

This chart by no means exhausts all the differences between the Old and New Covenants. Can you not see how totally different the New is from the Old? As God’s Word says, the New Covenant is, "NOT ACCORDING to the covenant that I made with their fathers…" (Heb. 8:9). When will we believe God instead of the traditions of men? I hope that you will not just look at this chart, but look up every Scripture and read it for yourself.

If you believe in Jesus Christ, you are in the Church. But if you are in Christ Jesus, then you are no longer in the physical carnal church, but in God’s spiritual Church—the very Body of Christ. Let me assure you on the authority of all the Sacred Scriptures that carnal [enmity filled hatred] minded Christians are not members of the spiritual body of Christ. Jesus Christ is preparing a "bride"—a VIRGIN bride. Our Lord will not marry a whore or prostitute.

orion77

Old vs. New
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 01:21:19 PM »

A big AMEN to your post, Joe.  Very well put.

Song of Solomon, all eight chapters describe the virgin bride.

God bless,

Gary

mercie

Old vs. New
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 01:21:54 PM »

Only a year ago I was a right wing get the thugs, blow 'em up kind of guy, I listened to news programs constantly, yelling at the tube or radio if I did not agree, I resembled a lunatic, I was more extreme than most anybody I knew. Now having His peace, life is better, much better.

:D

Falconn003

Old vs. New
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 03:52:01 PM »

Joe

very enlightening and wonderful

God bless
Rodger

hillsbororiver

Old vs. New
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 09:31:20 PM »

Thank you Gary, Mercie & Rodger,

I appreciate the comments that are in agreement, who wouldn't?

But more importantly I am very curious about those who don't agree, I would really be interested in someone presenting scripture that admonishes us to be vigilant in solving and being preoccupied with the world, solving its problems in this age.

Please do not be hesitant because I am a moderator, no one's post will be deleted and no one will be banned because of a disagreement of something I wrote, I am nothing.

The most important thing I can see is the people who either are new members or guests (non-members who visit here) read these posts about wars and rumors of wars and wonder "what is the difference between here and the Babylonian church I left?"

Yes, it is not natural to forgive and love our enemies, it is also not natural for a young healthy male not to lust over an attractrive female, or for us not to be coveting the posessions of someone richer than us, is it natural to put the invisible before the visable?

We are a peculiar people if we are among the chosen. If I am missing something, if it it written that we are to hold grudges and become involved in the political spectrum, if we are to hate and seek to destroy our enemies, the ones who hate us with a passion, please do me a favor and show these scriptures to me because I am extremely adept at hating and justifying my hatred, this is something I have practiced most of my life. I am very good at it and it requires no discipline on my part or the Lord's spirit.

I have seen the "what if" posts, what if someone breaks into my house and wants to hurt my family? Stop them. Do what you must to protect your family, where is the evil in that? Why must we be mired in suppositions? We have the answer to everything, trust that He will guide us through every difficult situation we ever find ourselves in. Stop worrying about things we have absolutely no control over.

Please forgive my bluntness but I am frustrated by this trend of justifying hatred, and having questions about it ignored, show me the Word that justifies this.

Thanks,

Joe

hillsbororiver

Old vs. New
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 10:48:10 PM »

No other comments?

YellowStone

Old vs. New
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 12:46:36 AM »

Quote from: hillsbororiver
No other comments?

Heck Joe, I got here late. I read your post and it almost parrels my story.

I have only just realized, "loving" is not accepting; it's caring enough to pray for loved ones, friends and enemies alike, so that all may share the love of our God and the complete peace and fullfilment it brings.

Thanks for a wonderful post :)

Darren

gmik

old vs new
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 01:10:34 AM »

Joe, I just finished Part D of LOF on the fabled free will.

Ecclesiastes does talk about appointed times for hate and war.

Ray has a poignant paragraph about losing his son, and his sadness over beheadings etc etc.

Knowing God has preordained, preappointed every single thing, the evil and the good, we must keep our faith in Him, that He deems it all necessary for His plans and purposes in the Great Plan for All.

I am realizing I can't just read once.  Reread take notes and study, study study.  I am going back to Part A and start over again. :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.