bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not Forsaking The Assembling of Ourselves Together__from LOF #11  (Read 6331 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Not Forsaking The Assembling of Ourselves Together__from LOF #11
« on: November 06, 2009, 12:27:07 PM »

Thought this might be a good time to post this as many in the forum are set to physically gather, and others may be feeling left out.  For both of us, this teaching ought to be both comfort and admonition.  

NOT FORSAKING THE ASSEMBLING OF OURSELVES TOGETHER
In Hebrews 10:25 were are admonished as follows:
"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as you see the day approaching."

That this is speaking of believers congregating together to worship and study God’s Word, there can be no doubt. However, there is a much deeper meaning to this "assembling" that few have ever seen. I never saw it myself until I read a paper by J. Preston Eby, entitled: "FORSAKE NOT THE ASSEMBLING."

I will quote an excerpt or two from his paper:
"The Greek word for ‘assembling’ is EPISUNAGOGE. The word, literally, is a verb meaning to synagogue. It is a compound of the Greek prefix EPI with the word SUNAGOGE from which we get our transliterated English word Synagogue. EPI means super – imposition – that which is above, higher than, highest, upon. SUNAGOGE means a meeting, assembly, or gathering. Putting these two words together, EPI-SUNAGOGE means THE ABOVE SYNAGOGUE, THE HIGHER MEETING, THE HIGHEST ASSEMBLY, THE HIGHER-THAN-ALL-GATHERINGS!

It bespeaks of something far greater than merely collecting so many breathing bodies together in one place.
It is a meeting in a higher realm, on a higher plane, in the high places of the Spirit, and in the heights of Truth. It is a gathering together in a dimension above. It indicates an assembling IN THE SPIRIT…"
(All Caps belong to Mr. Eby).

This Greek word episunagoge is used only one other time in Scripture, and that is in II Thes. 2:1:
"Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together [Gk: episunagoge] unto Him."

In Hebrews 10 we are admonished to "assemble" in an high meeting, a meeting in the SPIRIT! In II Thes. 2 this meeting in the Spirit will become a literal meeting with our Lord.

And so, back to our question once more: Which denomination should we join? Where should we go to Church? Where should we "forsake not the assembling of ourselves together?" In a physical building of some physical denomination? No. WE are to episunagoge (assemble) on a higher plane, in a higher realm, in a spiritual assembly, IN THE SPIRIT!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 12:43:11 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Amrhrasach

Re: Not Forsaking The Assembling of Ourselves Together__from LOF #11
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 01:09:30 PM »

Timely Dave.

Thanks.

Gary

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 01:22:52 PM »

Very good...wish I could be there.  If they have wifi in the hotel as I'm sure there is those of you with notebooks throw a few bones our way as the meeting go's on.  Maybe even a webcam image or two.   ;D  Will eagerly be awaiting the audio's / video's of the teachings.  Godspeed.

myms

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 06:26:43 AM »

Thanks Dave, very timely indeed and helped to ease the disappointment of not making it to Mobile.

9440geoff

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 10:16:44 AM »

Thanks for that, Dave.

I've always wondered about Hebrews 10:25. Now I understand it.

Geoff

G. Driggs

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 03:31:37 PM »

A big thank you Dave, a good reminder. I actually do feel comforted and admonished. ;)

Peace, bro
G.Driggs

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 08:39:19 AM »

Thank you, Dave..I missed all of you at the conference..I wanted to tell you some of my feelings, but I can't find the words to say..unusual for me. I love you guys and look forward to the day when we will all be able to be together.
Can your heart be full and sad all at once? That's a little of how I feel!  :-\ :'( :-*
Kathy ;)

Linny

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 12:03:44 PM »

Thanks so much for finding that Dave. I added it to my Ray Smith file of emails, etc. titled "why we don't go to church." I like to have sound, Biblical answers for when I am questioned.
Always love to have original meanings!
Lin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.