bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something I learned at the Conference..  (Read 3188 times)

Ninny

Something I learned at the Conference..
« on: November 11, 2009, 10:13:43 AM »

Here is something I learned from my experience in Mobile...never, ever again go to something like that without a good camera!! I just took my little digital camera. My husband told me to take our big one, but I didn't and now I regret that more than anything else!
We have some kind of fancy Nikon digital camera that I can minimally use, but wow! do I wish I had taken it!!
So many opportunities lost...I didn't want to have to be distracted with keeping up with the camera..and that's my own misfortune..so you had better know that if ever given the opportunity again..that camera will be with me!!

What else did I learn?? I learned that God has given me the dearest gift in the world..friends..I sat there looking around at everyone thinking even though I haven't met them all these people are the best! It was such an awesome feeling just knowing that we all share a common bond..no matter where in the world we are..God is our Father and He binds our hearts together with bonds not easily broken...As I thought about the guys who came from so far away it humbled me..It humbled me dearly to see Moises come on a bus from Mexico..not just from a border town, but CENTRAL Mexico..how I love our Moises...what a testimony!
And you guys from the UK! wow! amazing!!  And I was whining because I didn't want to drive alone the 4 hour trip from my house to Mobile! Uuuugggghhh! But Thankfully Brenda and her sweet husband Tom rescued my from that ..well, Peggy (ez2u) was going to rescue me, but our plans went a little awry! But how sweet is that?? God is so patient with me!!  ;D

Each and every one of you is a gift to me from God!! I was so blessed to be able to be at the conference blessed to meet and talk with Ray, and so many others..I did have my moments of sweetness! I would like to say also that I was with my two special companions who stuck with me and kept me company! JacobsLadder (Mike) and Musicman you two guys are the very best! My own sons are very close in age to these two guys and believe me my heart wrapped around them without any trouble at all!!  :D What's so special about that you ask? What men in their 30's would hang out with an old woman unless God was holding them by their ear and keeping them there!! heehee!!  :D :D A testimony to the fact that God has some very nice gentlemen in His ranks!!  God is always so good to me!! :D :-*
Kathy ;)

Linny

Re: Something I learned at the Conference..
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 11:41:56 AM »

That was really nice Kathy. Thanks for sharing your heart. I know it will mean a lot to those who attended the conference.

Roy Martin

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 08:05:53 AM »

Kathy, I consider myself as a pretty good judge of character, and I will say that you are someone that  any man, woman, or child would want to cling to regardless of age. It's the heart God has blessed you with.
 I'm so very sorry that I wasn't there. I had to cancel at the last moment due to work which has been far in between lately. If I had it to do it over, I would have said heck with work. I feel a great loss now.

Peace
Roy

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 02:42:14 AM »

Roy, I so missed you there!  Thank you for being so sweet! I don't know about me, but God has put a heart of love into so many here and when we were sitting around on Friday night..it was so sweet to see the love that we all share for Ray..I cried when he shared his story about the cancer returning it just hit home to me about the fragility of life..Life is uncertain, but God is sure..and Roy, when Ray looked at all of us and said, "I am a dead man" I knew that what he said is true..accepting who we are and knowing that we are all dead men is humbling for sure... until the resurrection we really are all dead men...but alive in Christ!  :D
Kathy :D :-* ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.