bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What we can do.....  (Read 5345 times)

YellowStone

What we can do.....
« on: June 14, 2006, 01:31:46 PM »

There has been a lot of debate in recent weeks about terrorist's and their acts of evil atrocities. We are commanded to abhor evil, yet love our enemies.

I do not like wars, but I hate evil more so; yet, the means seem not to justify the ends, ie. taking one life to save a thousand. Oh, don't get me wrong, I can justify it but is it really what God wants. Certainly, governments and the military are all working according to God's will; but is this all that we can do.

Prayer is perhaps the greatest gift of all and Jesus says then when two or more ask for something that it will be done.
    Mat 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. [/list:u]I think that this is the key...for two asking for the same thing is better than one asking alone, for Christ will be with us. (not with me but the entire group)
      Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Mat 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. [/list:u]What should we agree upon in order to pray? Well James (Jam 5:16) puts it nicely when he says that we should confess our faults to one another and that we should pray for one another so that we may be healed both spiritually and physically. I think we all want the same thing, and that is for all our brothers and sisters to know and to understand the love of God throughout the entire world. We will have help:
        Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. [/list:u]So what do you think would happen if two, three or more of us began praying for things such as these together in one unified mind. I believe we should shelve out personal views and concentrate more on our Christ like desires, together as one in prayer. I think too that this unification should be promoted in this group.

What do you think? Is this a pipe dream? I'm willing to be part of something for I cannot say that I less evil than any other. :(

Much Love in Christ :)

YellowStone

shibboleth

What we can do.....
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 11:57:24 AM »

Maybe we could pray for the War in Iraq. this war seems to have no end in sight, and I don't really understand why we are still there. Bush doesn't seem to know either, judging from the statements he made recently on the news.

YellowStone

What we can do.....
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 12:30:38 PM »

Quote from: shibboleth
Maybe we could pray for the War in Iraq. this war seems to have no end in sight, and I don't really understand why we are still there. Bush doesn't seem to know either, judging from the statements he made recently on the news.

Shibboleth, I think this would be an excellent start. Certainly, the "war" against Iraq was finished long ago, for the US and coalition are no longer fight "Iraq;" insurgants, terrorists, radical millitants, yes, yes and yes.

I believe in my heart and soul that we praying in a like mind (Rom 15:6) could and will accomplish more in spreading the love of God throughout all nations, than any bullet, bomb or missile; the middle-east included. Think of it as prevention as well as cure. :)

I think that we should pray for our leaders as well as the leaders of the insurgencies alike. Do you think that this is what God wants/expects from us? What greater love than to pray for spiritual enlightment for either enemy or friend?
    Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; [/list:u]Thanks so much for your response Shilobeth, I was thinking I crossed a line that should never be crossed :)

Love and Peace,

YellowStone

eutychus

What we can do.....
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 12:51:42 PM »

not trying to disagree with anyone here, and we should worry about nothing .

but when they say peace peace, is when real trouble comes.

just thinking here.

war sucks for sure :wink:

YellowStone

What we can do.....
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 01:16:05 PM »

Quote from: eutychus
not trying to disagree with anyone here, and we should worry about nothing .

but when they say peace peace, is when real trouble comes.

just thinking here.

war sucks for sure :wink:

I hear you my friend. :)
    Jhn 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. [/list:u]You are so right, there is a big difference between the peace of the world and that of Christ.

Much love,
    Yellowstone :)

eutychus

What we can do.....
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 01:24:05 PM »

amen.

while we have been given the gift in this life some of those in other countries at war and destruction consantly, will have it better in the next.

will we ask God why? or will we rejoice with them in the presence of the lamb :P

love
chuckt

hillsbororiver

What we can do.....
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 01:49:26 PM »

I am comforted by the belief the Lord knows what He is doing, all these things happening in the world are for our growth into His sons and daughters.

There are many who believe Judas's act of betrayal was in reality trying to force the hand of God, the Jews wanted a Messiah who would throw off the bondage of Rome, Judas was one of those who's hope was in this worldly messiah not the Messiah (not of this world) of the New Jerusalem.

The thought was that Judas believed there would be Divine Intervention & a  revolt of the people if and when Jesus was arrested, forcing the Lord to step up and take control of the uprising, Judas believed He (Jesus) had the power to defeat Rome as he had witnessed thousands of miracles, Judas believed in Jesus as a present world messiah. That is what many believe was his motivation, not a lousy thirty bucks. Judas thought he was doing a greater good, that is of course when he realized the plan was not going to work he went and promptly hung himself.

Our kingdom is also not of this world, we have higher aspirations, I am certain everything is going perfectly in God's plan, I do not want to have an eden, heaven on earth so to speak, I want the New Jerusalem! Let's be done with the carnal and the temporal, bring on the Spiritual and Immortal!

Joe

hillsbororiver

What we can do.....
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 02:51:09 PM »

You know I just now had this thought, "this motivation of Judas" thing, does it not resemble what many denominations and some evangelicals are trying to do? Establish a worldly kingdom of (another) Jesus?

I apologize for veering off the topic.

Joe

Sorin

What we can do.....
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 03:17:03 PM »

Quote from: hillsbororiver
You know I just now had this thought, "this motivation of Judas" thing, does it not resemble what many denominations and some evangelicals are trying to do? Establish a worldly kingdom of (another) Jesus?

I apologize for veering off the topic.

Joe

I think it resembles it perfectly. Great thought.

Sorin

YellowStone

What we can do.....
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 06:52:47 PM »

Quote from: bobbys43
It is all God's will and who can know the ways of our God.

I like Joe will trust in our Heavenly Father to accomplish His will.

bobby
So Bobby, what are your thoughts on my original thread?

YellowStone
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.