bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazing...  (Read 4098 times)

bambam

Amazing...
« on: November 12, 2009, 12:00:42 PM »

Hello Everyone,
Some of you already know that I have been wanting to talk to my husband for a long time about the truth.  I began to realize that this was definitely the next step I needed to take, but I did not want it to go badly.  I did not want my husband to get mad, to go to the pastor, etc., etc.  I began to pray about a month ago that God would just make it happen so that we casually get into the conversation and I would just able to talk about what I believe.  Two nights ago, it happened!!  My hubby has been studying tithing and has come to the conclusion on his own that the tithe was merely a tax in the old testament that does not apply to us.  Well we were talking about it, and one thing led to another and before you know it we were talking about things like free will, God's control, all men being saved.  It was absolutely wonderful.  And he was even engaging and curious about things.  He does not agree with me but at least now he knows some of these things that I believe, and he wasn't angry or hurt or anything.  I made sure he knew that God answered this prayer of mine, and that this is now and ever will be my conviction of the truth.  I just wanted to shout that from the rooftops here.  Thanks for listening!

Beth :D ;D :) 

Marlene

Re: Amazing...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 12:28:09 PM »

So, happy for you. All Glory Be To God! It has been answered in God's will. I just love when I find that God led me to ask in his will. All prayer is God's will rather it is answered in the way we wish or not. Just, awesome.

In His Love,
Marlene

Linny

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 04:42:18 PM »

Beth,
So excited for you! All in God's timing! God has never led me or my husband to a truth that He didn't one day show the other.
I'd not push it now. Allow God some time to work on his heart and come back to you. Just be ready to answer any questions he comes up with. Oftentimes, I have to say I'll have to get back to him on something and go read and study and let the Holy Spirit find the perfect answer for me. Always works!

Again, Praising God for His faithfulness in keeping peace in your home.

Lin

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 05:13:22 PM »

That's sweet news, Beth. 

Mat 11:28-30  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Seems like the first thing we have to 'learn of Him' is to be meek and lowly in heart.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

cjwood

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 01:19:51 AM »

i can hear you shouting from texas beth.  :D :D :D  wonderful news about a Wonderful Almighty.  continue to go to Him for direction.  He never, ever forsakes us. 

claudia

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 02:19:02 AM »

Beth, that is so beautiful! I know God will bless you, you just be who you are and let God take care of everything for you!! Sweet!
Love you!
Kathy \o/

cherokee

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 09:20:17 AM »

That is good news Beth. Will continue to pray for you and your Hubby.

Blessings,
Suzie

Kat

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 11:05:16 AM »

Hi Beth,

I am so glad to hear God has provided a way for you to discuss these things with your husband in a nonconfrontational manner.  If we wait on Him he will never fail us.  I hope this is the first of many such conversations.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

cjwood

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 12:30:50 AM »

If we wait on Him he will never fail us. 

amen, kat, amen.
such wonderful words of life!

claudia

bambam

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 03:25:44 AM »

Thanks everyone!!!! I will do my best to keep you updated.  I am presently studying hell, simply because that and "eternity"  are the two things I do not have figured out yet.  It always comes to that in the few discussions I have had with the three people I have been able to tell.  My hubby asked me about both and I told him simply that I have not gotten that far.  I said that I know God is going to save everyone because He says He will and He is not going to contradict himself.  I just don't have an answer that I completely understand-or even halfway understand, so I just say I don't know-yet. ;)  I feel like a burden has been lifted! I know God is always working but I absolutely LOVE it when He let's us get a little glimpse of His ways.  Oh, I just LOVE it!! 

:) ;D :D
Beth
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.