bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Revelation  (Read 4257 times)

gallenwalsh

Revelation
« on: November 19, 2009, 10:32:13 PM »

Just a question on Revelation. Realizing that Revelation has to do with our spiritual development and the things that happen our lives. I have a question regarding the end times and what will happen on the earth before Christs return. There is a scripture I can't remember exactly where it is but id goes something like this; There shall be trouble like there has never been before nor shall ever be again and those days shall be shortened for the elect sake if they are not there shall be no flesh saved alive. Is this Jacob's trouble ? Is this literal unlike some of the other things in Revelation that take place in the mind of the elect.

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
Re: Revelation
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 11:42:51 PM »

The scripture your referencing are found in the gospels.

Mat 24:22  And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Mar 13:20  And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days

mharrell08

Re: Revelation
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 12:22:34 AM »

Just a question on Revelation. Realizing that Revelation has to do with our spiritual development and the things that happen our lives. I have a question regarding the end times and what will happen on the earth before Christs return. There is a scripture I can't remember exactly where it is but id goes something like this; There shall be trouble like there has never been before nor shall ever be again and those days shall be shortened for the elect sake if they are not there shall be no flesh saved alive. Is this Jacob's trouble ? Is this literal unlike some of the other things in Revelation that take place in the mind of the elect.

Gallenwalsh,

What scriptures are you referring to regarding 'Jacob's trouble'?

As for the words of our Lord that Arion quoted above, Jesus tells us:

John 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life

Matt 13:34-35  All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them
[including the disciples - John 16:25]: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Parable, proverbs...His words & commandments having higher, spiritual meaning.

Hope this helps,

Marques
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.