bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorcery  (Read 5892 times)

Roy Martin

Sorcery
« on: November 20, 2009, 03:40:36 PM »

What does sorcery mean? Is it wrong to watch movies of magic, or sorcery, vampires and mummy's?
 To me it seems as innocent entertainment, but on the other hand I feel its not right to partake in it in any way, but I like the new mummy movies, and the movie twilight. Silvia has strong convictions about this stuff. I just don't know what to think.
 Can I get some teachings on this or some opinions? I have read all the scriptures about it, but its still unclear to my understanding.

Roy

aqrinc

Re: Sorcery
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 04:17:11 PM »

Hi Roy,

Long time no chat brother, hope you do not think i am ignoring what you wrote already. I was going over The Scriptures below last night on twitter, they seem to me anyway; to address your concerns along with others that i can get; or someone else will post soon.

Adding my understanding in part; if you think it wrong and do it anyway, that is sinning.

Remember This:

Col 2: 8-23 (Rotherham)
8 Be taking heed, lest there shall be anyone leading, you, off as a spoil, through means of their philosophy, and an empty deceit,—according to the instruction of men, according to the first principles of the world,—and not according to Christ:

9 Because, in him, dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead, bodily,
10 And ye are, in him, filled full,—Who, is the head of all principality and authority,

11 In whom, ye have also been circumcised with a circumcision not done by hand, in the despoiling of the body of flesh, in the circumcision of the Christ,—

12 Having been buried together with him in your immersion, wherein also ye have been raised together, through your faith in the energising of God—Who raised him from among the dead.

13 And, as for you—who were, dead, by your offences and by the uncircumcision of your flesh, he hath brought you to life together with him,—having in favour forgiven us all our offences,

14 Having blotted out the handwriting against us by the decrees, which was hostile to us,—and hath taken away, the same, out of the midst, nailing it up to the cross:

15 Spoiling the principalities and the authorities, he made of them an open example, celebrating a triumph over them thereby.

16 Let no one, therefore, be judging, you,—in eating and in drinking, or in respect of feast, or new moon, or sabbath,—

17 Which are a shadow of the things to come, whereas, the body, is of the Christ.

18 Let, no one, against you, be arbitrating, however wishful,—in respect of lowliness of mind, and of a religious observance of the messengers: upon what things he hath seen, taking his stand, in vain, puffed up by his carnal mind,—

19 And not holding fast the head: from which, all the body, through means of its joints and uniting bands, receiving supply, and connecting itself together, groweth with the growth of God.

20 If ye have died, together with Christ, from the first principles of the world, why, as though alive in the world, are ye submitting to decrees,—

21 Do not handle, nor taste, nor touch;—

22 Which things are all for decay in the using up;—according to the commandments and teachings of men?

23 The which things, indeed, though they have, an appearance, of wisdom, in self-devised religious observance, and lowliness of mind, and ill-treatment of body, are, in no honourable way, unto a satisfying of the flesh.

george. :)

Samson

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 04:33:04 PM »

Hi Roy,

Sorcery or Spiritism is taken from the Greek Word Pharmakia which primarily means the use of medicine, drugs, spells, poisoning, sorcery. Galatians.5:20(works of the flesh), literally druggery, Also used at Rev. 21:8 " those practicing Spiritism(Pharmakia) thrown in the Lake of Fire" & Rev. 18:23 " By your Spiritistic practice, all nations were misled." The Greek Word Pharmakia is where we get our English Pharmacy or Pharmaceuticals from. I just thought to give you this information and will not Judge you.

At the tail end of the confeerence, Ray mentioned " judging yourself first " before you can begin to Judge others. I believe that this speaks about me, so I'll leave it at that.

Help This Helped, Samson.

jacobbsladdr

Psa 27:10
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 04:58:04 PM »

That is one of my FAv Scriptures cause its so true to my own experience.

Psa 27:10-14 (Rotherham)
10 When, my own father and mother, had forsaken me, Then, Yahweh, took me up!

Roy Martin

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 10:08:42 AM »

Hi George, Sampson, and J L.
 Even Disney movies are full of magic. I love Si-fi movies. Its been 30 years since I watched a vampire movie until Twilight. I don't even come close to having an obsession for those kind of movies. I also like Pirates of the Caribbean. We mostly watch family shows, but when I bring home one of my movies I get a tongue lashing from Silvia.
 I don't mind opinions. I did ask for that. I won't consider it as judging me.
By the way its very interesting
Hi Roy,

Sorcery or Spiritism is taken from the Greek Word Pharmakia which primarily means the use of medicine, drugs, spells, poisoning, sorcery. Galatians.5:20(works of the flesh), literally druggery, Also used at Rev. 21:8 " those practicing Spiritism(Pharmakia) thrown in the Lake of Fire" & Rev. 18:23 " By your Spiritistic practice, all nations were misled." The Greek Word Pharmakia is where we get our English Pharmacy or Pharmaceuticals from. I just thought to give you this information and will not Judge you.

At the tail end of the confeerence, Ray mentioned " judging yourself first " before you can begin to Judge others. I believe that this speaks about me, so I'll leave it at that.

Help This Helped, Samson.

Peace
Roy

Linny

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 01:07:37 PM »

Roy, we stayed away from these types of things for years, but out of legalism. I personally am not interested in the Harry Potter or New Moon stuff at all but we have dropped so much legalistic behavior now.
We ran out of breath to see the Lord of the Ring trilogy because it was "Christian." I look back now and can't find any difference between it and any of the other ones that Christians yell and scream about. My heart knows when I am watching something I should not. My husband and I both feel it to our bones and we turn it off.

On a side note, the little girl we keep came over with her Hermie Christmas video Thursday. My husband was in the room and hearing it playing. He told me there was more Spiritual truth in "Fred Claus" than in that supposed Christian children's movie. We love Fred Claus by the way...

Lin

Pini56

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 06:59:29 AM »

Hi,

Just a point of interest,

Did you know that the word "Santa" in "Santa Claus" is the word satan when you change the letters around. Just thought I'd throw that in.

Peace. Geoff

Astrapho

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 12:28:49 PM »

Hi,

Just a point of interest,

Did you know that the word "Santa" in "Santa Claus" is the word satan when you change the letters around. Just thought I'd throw that in.

Peace. Geoff

Haha, that was actually a running joke among my friends last christmas. ;D

I think that things like Harry Potter is innocent entertainment as long as you don't start believing in and attempting to practice sorcery/Spiritism. Because seriously, don't wanna be as extreme as this...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 16 queries.