bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Called but not necessarily chosen?  (Read 4724 times)

Lorine

Called but not necessarily chosen?
« on: November 10, 2009, 09:56:43 PM »

Hi
As I was reading this post I thought Many are called, but few are chosen.  It's not just being called or chosen, it's being faithful.
If we are faithful to death he will give us a crown of life.
Very interesting thread.
Lorine

jeetkunejimi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 10:17:07 PM »

If your chosen from the many called you will have an inate sense of being in the Lake of God's corrective Fire right now, rather than later. You will have, so to speak, picked up your cross to follow after Christ.While suffering correction in this holy lake you will have to remain faithful to the end, do that and you in I guess.

So I further deduct that you can have excess in this life by refusing God, and suffer later, until reconciliation comes from God, or you can suffer now for following Christ and go on to the millenial reign as a reward. Of course God does the choosing, so you just have to go with the flow,what will be,will be.   
Join me now in my new massive money making business venture, selling asbestos blankets only on Sundays at the exits of Orthodox churches. It's really gonna take off.

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 03:31:07 PM »

If your chosen from the many called you will have an inate sense of being in the Lake of God's corrective Fire right now, rather than later. You will have, so to speak, picked up your cross to follow after Christ.While suffering correction in this holy lake you will have to remain faithful to the end, do that and you in I guess.

So I further deduct that you can have excess in this life by refusing God, and suffer later, until reconciliation comes from God, or you can suffer now for following Christ and go on to the millenial reign as a reward. Of course God does the choosing, so you just have to go with the flow,what will be,will be.   

Looks right on to me, with 1 caveat; if you are Chosen, you cannot not persevere to the end. Of course GOD Knows if you are Chosen, you or i do not, we need remember this.

(Rotherham)
Php 2:12 So, then, my beloved—even as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but, now, much more, in my absence, with fear and trembling, your own salvation, be working out;

Php 2:13 For (Because) it is, God, who energiseth within you, both the desiring and the energising, in behalf of his good pleasure.

george. :)

eboe

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 12:36:46 AM »

Hi,
Ray's 2009 Mobile Conference Notes may help. Read "Will You Inherit God's Kingdom".

Some here at BT already know there's no question about being saved, (Christ is the Savior of the World, All will be saved and many, many more scriptures) it's just a matter of WHEN.

If you ask the question; Saved from what or Saved for what...the answer could be...Saved from the second death or Saved for the first resurrection.

Paul never questioned his salvation, nor should we.

Paul tell us that no man can possibly know if his Calling and Election are SURE, Only God know's. Paul was in the race of the Highest Calling possible. His HOPE "that he obeyed God until the end" is the same as any who are called.

CEASELESS PRAYER

Share the Love,
Ed

Denn

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 06:10:37 AM »

Just live your life and always pray to God.
maybe God will give you the answer.

hope it can help you a little..

denn

There is something I need to resolve, and I am hoping to get some answers.

I came to Christ in 1984, not through a "sinner's prayer" (although I tried that approach several times), but just by a "quickening" of faith while in prayer and praise with my brother.

Although I am definately a believer and feel God working in my life, I have always had a problem with "assurance" of salvation., that others claim they have.  I couldn't absolutely tell someone in all honesty that I would go to heaven if a died right now.

My question is, can we, as believers, have the absolute assurance that we are one of the chosen, or do we just wait and hope for this,knowing that God will eventaully "reconcile Himself" to us?  It does say in scripture that, "he who endures to the end, the same shall be saved".  Am I off the mark here?  The bottom line is that I need to come to terms with the faith and understanding of Scripture that I do have, and live it honestly. 

Ciao

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.