bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mobile Musing  (Read 5572 times)

bob

Mobile Musing
« on: November 22, 2009, 01:41:27 PM »

Sue and I had a nice trip to Mobile. met some very nice people. I got to shake Ray's hand and introduce myself and Sue. We thanked him for all his work and teaching, which was great. What I really wanted to do was get him alone and away from all those people. Just me and Ray, for a couple hours or so, then go to dinner with him for just a few hours or so. After that spend the rest of the evening, just him and I chatting. O.K. I hope you know this is tongue in cheek, but actually, wouldn't that be great. Some more tongue in cheek although this is a true story.

So I leave Mobile with a resolve to rethink my eating habits. Dr Steger has convinced me this is what I
 should do. Now armed with new found knowledge I run down to my local health food store. Lets see
 $24.00 in my wallet, $36.00 in my check book, need about 10 items to get started, the rest I'll buy later.
Wow I had no idea there were so many products to choose from. The shelves are loaded with things I never heard of. Ahh there it is Flax seed oil $ 23.95. Well that takes care of my cash. Monks bread, 5.95 a loaf. Stevia $12.95 for 2 oz bottle. Hymm I think this will have to wait for another day. Suddenly I'm really not in the mood for shopping. As I start to walk out the door the clerk say's “ Didn't find what you need?” Yes I did I replied, oh she say's do you need a discount? No thank you I said maybe another time. So I start to drive home quite discouraged with this experience. Suddenly there it is, a sign just ahead, Whopper $1.00 Double cheeseburger $1.00 Try our dollar menu.
So now I'm home reading posts on Bible- Truths.com. Pleased as can be, ate one double cheeseburger on the way home, having one now, have one left for dinner and one for tomorrow's lunch, all for $4.00.
Yeah I know, but what the heck, I'm 70 years old, just out ran my14 year old grand son in a 40 yard dash a few weeks ago, and my daughter still can't win a tennis match with me. So for now I think I'll concentrate on Ray's teachings, do my daily walks and thank God always for his blessings.         Bob and Sue Leesburg, FL.

Just a little postscript to be fair. My grandson was laughing so hard I think it affected his running. I learned a valuable lesson, while I am still  able to run, I could not stop. Out of breath and watching my grandson go by me, my brain could not communicate with my legs which were starting to cramp and stiffen. I almost fell a couple of times trying to keep my balance. The engine on this 1939 model still runs, but the brakes are terrible.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 08:54:12 AM by bob »

mharrell08

Re: Mobile Musing
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 01:52:33 PM »

:D

Marques

Astrapho

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 03:00:39 PM »

You sound like one cool grandaddy. :D Outrunning a 14 year old boy!! Woah!! 

Vangie

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 04:00:55 PM »

:D :)It was nice meeting you both, too!

Vangie

shaine

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 04:28:58 PM »

amen to that, brother!

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 04:30:28 PM »

Bob, you're a man after my own heart! It was nice meeting the two of you in Mobile! We didn't get to visit, much, but one day....one day we will!!  :D
Kathy ;)

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 05:02:15 PM »

Great job Bob.  I'm in my upper 40's and I think the only chance I would have of outrunning a 14yr old is if an angry momma bear was chasing me to provide the necessary motivation!!  ;D

gmik

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 05:36:50 PM »

;D

Good thread!!   Bob The logic is infallible!!  Kudos..... ;)

Truly, when your time is come, thats it.  My very dear friend just died last nite unexpectedly while she was cooking.  She just collapsed.  We are all in shock and awaiting more news.  But why I bring it up here is, she was VERY INTO wholistic foods and earthy-type living.  Even pulled weeds out back to eat.  Ground her own flour, etc. No flu shots etc...you all know someone like that. She was a very positive person, loved Jesus, and was moving to California to be closer to her daughter...But last nite was her turn.

So don't feel guilty eating that burger!

I mean no disrespect to anyone who eats healthy etc (love ya Beloved), and Ray is a different matter all together.  I hope you all understand whaat I am trying to say.  I am just sad and need your prayers for Gloria's family.

cjwood

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 07:43:52 PM »

Great job Bob.  I'm in my upper 40's and I think the only chance I would have of outrunning a 14yr old is if an angry momma bear was chasing me to provide the necessary motivation!!  ;D

absolutely hilarious arion.  :D :D  your comment had me laughing out loud, and that is always healing.  :)

claudia

Ninny

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 09:42:40 PM »

Gena, I'm sorry for your loss and her family as well...Our own Dave in Tenn has written some very beautiful lyrics to a song and I hope Dave, my friend, you will forgive me if it's wrong to post them here, but very appropriate...Dave you have a way with words.....who can answer the questions of why the mountain won't move when we want it to...or the valley won't rise when we ask..God has all things in His hand...Thank you Dave for these words....

Kathy :'( :-*

Mountain Move

I walk up to the mountain
I say unto the mountain, "Mountain move."
But the mountain don't move.
It just stands there
Stands there like it's got something big to prove.

I walk into the Valley.
I say unto the Valley, "Valley, rise!"
but the Valley don't rise.

I climb up on the mountain.
I pray upon the mountain, "Mountain, why?"
as the sweat burns my eyes.

The Mountain finally answers.
Lord, the mountain's wise.

Faith and toil sit side by side like shore and sea.
Maybe the mountain don't move at all
but it sure moves me.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 10:27:40 PM »

That's fine, Kathy, though it's a few years pre-BT.

Loved your tale, Bob. 

God bless you, Gena.  Death is the ultimate humility.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 10:30:01 PM »

Hey, Dave, but the message is good! loved it, BTW!!
Kathy ;)

gmik

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 01:11:20 AM »

Me too.  thanks Dave and Kathy.

cjwood

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 11:13:15 PM »

gena,
i am so sorry for the loss of your friend.  your post rings volumes of truth.  when it is our time, nothing can stop it because it has been ordained for us before the foundation of the world.  it is the same with every human being that has ever been.  i pray that you will find comfort during this time, and that your friend's family will experience God's mercy and grace.

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.