bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tried in fire  (Read 7376 times)

gallenwalsh

Tried in fire
« on: November 23, 2009, 09:47:13 AM »

Just looking for a general concensus. As the statement goes: Every man shall be tried to see what manner of work he is, whether it is of gold wood straw or stubble. If any be found of gold he shall receive a reward. Truly though, having passed through the lake, as I know some of you truly have, and know it. Any gold out there ? I myself have found there is not a trial I cannot fail, no good thing in me, if pushed long and hard enough I will always fail,.all is stubble,yet I am still alive, at this moment in time any way.Any comments on what the true meaning of this verse actually means will greatly appreciated.

Ninny

Re: Tried in fire
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 10:05:15 AM »

I don't know what this verse means to everyone, but I think we each have trials that are the ones God sets before us..the things in me that need to be burned away may be different than yours or anyone else..Our heart is where the stubble is the idols of the heart...the things we just can't live without..there are many things of worthlessness in me yet that God is dealing with..on a daily basis..we live our lives and God moves us toward perfection..not in ourselves, but in Him..

So if there is  an answer to your question..someone else may be better to answer it for you, but as for me, it's an ongoing process, we are in the PROCESS of being saved..of being perfected, of being made into his likeness..I don't like the process very much at all, it hurts and hurts some more..God loves us with such an enormous love that He doesn't care what it takes to perfect us..what hurts us is not God trying or wanting to hurt us, but it is our flesh desiring that which we can NOT have..and in the end, God WILL have ALL His WILL!! We are just along for the ride and we're kind of like stones in a polisher or whatever you call it a tumbler, maybe! We are tumbled and shaken and tumbled and rubbed the wrong way on all sides until at last when the tumbler is opened and we fall out as beautiful shining stones fit for the kingdom! That's what it all means to me!  :D
Kathy ;) :-*

gallenwalsh

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 10:13:13 AM »

Thank you dear !

Kat

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 11:27:58 AM »

Hi gallenwalsh,

Here are a few excerpts where Ray has mentioned what is accomplished with this refiners fire.

http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html ---------------

We are saved by grace through faith (Eph. 2:08). However, that does not purge us from all our filthy thoughts and deeds. No, there is more. There is also a consuming FIRE that God uses on us:

"For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is JESUS CHRIST. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, WOOD, HAY, STUBBLE; Every man’s work shall be made manifest; for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed BY FIRE; and the FIRE shall TRY EVERY MAN’S WORK of what sort it is. If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man’s work shall be BURNED, he shall SUFFER LOSS; but [pay close attention to this BIG BUT] BUT HE HIMSELF [the one who had his works burned and consumed in God’s consuming fire] SHALL BE SAVED [What will save him?], yet so AS BY FIRE" (I Cor. 3:11-15)!!!

Ah dear readers, can we begin to understand the workings of God? God consumes with fire, the wood, hay and stubble in our lives. The things that don’t deserve to continue. But he REFINES the gold, silver, and precious stones (those doctrines and godly character traits of God’s spirit that abide the fire). It is figurative language, it is an analogy, it is a parable, it is metaphorical (where one thing is called another thing). Our lives have either qualities of character (which are likened to gold and precious stones, things of value to refine and retain), or gross lacks in character (which are likened to wood, hay, and stubble and which are not worthy to retain or preserve).

And just as real literal fire is used to refine and purify gold and precious metals, so God’s SPIRITUAL FIRE refines and purifies us from our sinful and carnal nature. And likewise, as real literal fire is used to burn up wood and stubble, so God’s all consuming SPIRITUAL FIRE will consume and burn up all the impurities in our life. These things MUST DIE. This purging is the SECOND DEATH. And whether the person God subjects to His consuming fire has many good qualities or none, the person himself shall be purged, purified, and SAVED BY GOD’S ALL-CONSUMING SPIRITUAL FIRE!!! We just read it in God’s Holy Word. How can any deny it? Every person who has ever lived will be subjected to the cleaning fire of God’s spirit.

http://bible-truths.com/lake3.html -------------------------

Fire PURIFIES things of value which we do want to retain. The analogy is used in the Scriptures of purifying gold by fire to make it more beautiful and more valuable. Gold represents the highest doctrines of spiritual understanding such as the Love of God and the Sovereignty of God, and salvation of all.

No one teaches us more regarding the fiery trials of life than the apostle to the nations, Paul. Paul was "revealed, tried, salted, and baptized" in God’s "CONSUMING FIRE," and yet never a single hair on his head was ever singed.

http://bible-truths.com/lake12.html --------------------------

One cannot wash away the impurities of the carnal mind any more than one can wash away the impurities in gold ore by water. It takes power, and heat, and the molecular separating qualities of fire to purify gold ore. And likewise, water has little effect on eliminating wood, straw, and stubble. But put fire to this same wood, straw, and stubble, and it will be obliterated, annihilated, eradicated, and exterminated.

This is the lesson we are to learn from God’s spiritual fire. Spiritual fire will purify good qualities to total perfection but will obliterate character flaws to total extinction. And so it is that God uses spiritual fire to produce the greatest possible good, not to cause the severest possible pain and torture.

http://bible-truths.com/lake16-B.html -------------------------

Continuing in Mal. 3:3

"…and purge them as gold and silver…"

Now where do we read of this in the New Testament/New Covenant? Paul makes clear to us that only the "gold, silver, and precious stones" of God’s word in us will survive the "refiner’s fire":

"Now if any man build upon the Foundation [Jesus Christ] gold, silver, precious stones [these are refined and purified and made much more valuable by the fire], [or] wood, hay, stubble [these are totally consumed and burned up by the fire]:

Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by FIRE; [The ‘Refiner’s fire.’ ‘For our God is a CONSUMING [spiritual] FIRE,’ Heb. 12:29]; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is. If any man’s work abide which he has built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself SHALL BE SAVED; yet so as by fire" (I Cor. 3:12-15).

Concluding Mal. 3, verse 3:

"that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness."

It is this "offering in RIGHTEOUSNESS" that the "kings of the earth [we, the chosen elect few, ARE the ‘kings of the earth, Rev. 5:10] do bring their glory and honor [‘an offering in righteousness’] into it [New Jerusalem out of Heaven]" (Rev. 21:24).
-------------------------------------------------------------

Heb 12:6  For the Lord disciplines him whom he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives."

Rev 3:18  I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see

1Peter 1:6  In this you rejoice, though now for a little while you may have to suffer various trials,
v. 7  so that the genuineness of your faith, more precious than gold which though perishable is tested by fire, may redound to praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 03:06:44 PM »

Thanks for the Reminder gallenwalsh, ninny & kat,

Timely indeed as we muddle along trying, foolishly, to work out our own salvation, always wondering where and when, not if; we will fall again .

Php 2:13 (CLV)
for (because) it is God Who is operating in you to will as well as to work for the sake of His delight.

Eph 2:8-10 (BBE)
8  Because by grace you have salvation through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is given by God:
9  Not by works, so that no man may take glory to himself.
10  For by his (GOD'S) act we were given existence in Christ Jesus to do those good works which God before made ready for us so that we might do them.

george. ;D

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 09:44:45 PM »

Here are a few excerpts where Ray has mentioned what is accomplished with this refiners fire.

We are saved by grace through faith (Eph. 2:08). However, that does not purge us from all our filthy thoughts and deeds. No, there is more. There is also a consuming FIRE that God uses on us:

If any man’s work shall be BURNED, he shall SUFFER LOSS; but [pay close attention to this BIG BUT] BUT HE HIMSELF [the one who had his works burned and consumed in God’s consuming fire] SHALL BE SAVED [What will save him?], yet so AS BY FIRE" (I Cor. 3:11-15)!!!

Ah dear readers, can we begin to understand the workings of God?
God consumes with fire, the wood, hay and stubble in our lives. The things that don’t deserve to continue. But he REFINES the gold, silver, and precious stones (those doctrines and godly character traits of God’s spirit that abide the fire). It is figurative language, it is an analogy, it is a parable, it is metaphorical (where one thing is called another thing). Our lives have either qualities of character (which are likened to gold and precious stones, things of value to refine and retain), or gross lacks in character (which are likened to wood, hay, and stubble and which are not worthy to retain or preserve).

These things MUST DIE. This purging is the SECOND DEATH. And whether the person God subjects to His consuming fire has many good qualities or none, the person himself shall be purged, purified, and SAVED BY GOD’S ALL-CONSUMING SPIRITUAL FIRE!!! We just  read it in God’s Holy Word. How can any deny it? Every person who has ever lived will be subjected to the cleaning fire of God’s spirit.

Gold represents the highest doctrines of spiritual understanding such as the Love of God and the Sovereignty of God, and salvation of all.

One cannot wash away the impurities of the carnal mind any more than one can wash away the impurities in gold ore by water. It takes power, and heat, and the molecular separating qualities of fire to purify gold ore. And likewise, water has little effect on eliminating wood, straw, and stubble. But put fire to this same wood, straw, and stubble, and it will be obliterated, annihilated, eradicated, and exterminated.

This is the lesson we are to learn from God’s spiritual fire. Spiritual fire will purify good qualities to total perfection but will obliterate character flaws to total extinction. And so it is that God uses spiritual fire to produce the greatest possible good, not to cause the severest possible pain and torture.

Concluding Mal. 3, verse 3:

"that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness."

It is this "offering in RIGHTEOUSNESS" that the "kings of the earth [we, the chosen elect few, ARE the ‘kings of the earth, Rev. 5:10] do bring their glory and honor [‘an offering in righteousness’] into it [New Jerusalem out of Heaven]" (Rev. 21:24).

kat,
thanks for bringing these to the thread.  these things which ray writes about, echoed from the Scriptures, are such prime portions to meditate on.

claudia

daywalker

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 03:25:35 PM »

Just looking for a general concensus. As the statement goes: Every man shall be tried to see what manner of work he is, whether it is of gold wood straw or stubble. If any be found of gold he shall receive a reward. Truly though, having passed through the lake, as I know some of you truly have, and know it. Any gold out there ? I myself have found there is not a trial I cannot fail, no good thing in me, if pushed long and hard enough I will always fail,.all is stubble,yet I am still alive, at this moment in time any way.Any comments on what the true meaning of this verse actually means will greatly appreciated.

Proverbs 24:16 For the righteous one shall fall seven times and still rise

It matters not that you fall, or how many times you fall, but rather do you rise up again???

Daywalker  8)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.