bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: House on the sand  (Read 4710 times)

gallenwalsh

House on the sand
« on: November 24, 2009, 12:56:12 AM »

If a man builds on the sand  as we all do and that house eventually gets destroyed completely, and we are so weak we cannot rise again unless the Lord lifts us up. Dare we begin building on our own again? Is this what the scripture means when it says:If the lord does not build the house it shall not stand, it stands because he protects his own steps.The lord himself must rebuild us with himself as the chief corner stone this time building with spirit,.. living stones?A house not made by human hands ? Am I getting this ?

Marky Mark

Re: House on the sand
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 11:47:28 AM »

If a man builds on the sand  as we all do and that house eventually gets destroyed completely, and we are so weak we cannot rise again unless the Lord lifts us up. Dare we begin building on our own again? Is this what the scripture means when it says:If the lord does not build the house it shall not stand, it stands because he protects his own steps.The lord himself must rebuild us with himself as the chief corner stone this time building with spirit,.. living stones?A house not made by human hands ? Am I getting this ?

Hello and welcome to the forums gallenwalsh.
This will be of some help in your understanding of what this house of sand is about.From Rays paper; 
THE LAKE OF FIRE - Part XIII  WHO IS THE BEAST?

http://bible-truths.com/lake13.html

THE SPIRITUAL SYMBOL OF THE SAND

I have already stated a dozen times or so in this paper that we must all "follow Christ." Peter puts it this way:

"For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an EXAMPLE, that we should FOLLOW HIS STEPS: Who did NO SIN, neither was guile found in His mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when He suffered, He threatened not; but committed Himself to Him that judges righteously: Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto RIGHTEOUSNESS: by whose stripes ye were healed. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now RETURNED unto the Shepherd and Bishop [overseer] of your souls"

Notice that we are all to follow His steps. But Jesus "did NO SIN," and we ALL sin. There is the giant difference. We have to KEEP WALKING in His steps until we STOP SINNING. But the point to be made here is, that we must and WILL "follow His steps."

John "stood on the sand of the sea," and I said that we must ALL ‘stand on the sand of the sea.’ Jesus was driven by the Spirit into the wilderness [a desert waste place—sand] and was tried and tested there by the Adversary. Jesus appeared to be alone with the Adversary and the sand. Nothing to eat and nothing to drink—just sand. But Jesus was only alone in this physically desert of sand. Spiritually Jesus was IN HEAVEN with His Father.

Jesus had built a spiritual house. His house was about to be tested to see if it could withstand the rain, and flood, and wind. Satan would do all in his power to bring down the spiritual house of Jesus. But His house did not fall under the temptation of Satan, for he was FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT OF GOD, and His spiritual house was ‘built upon THE Rock’ (John 3:34). The spiritual house of Jesus was to DO THE WILL OF THE FATHER:

"I have glorified Thee on the earth: I have finished the work which Thou gave Me to do" (John 17:4). "My meat is to do the will of Him that sent Me, and to finish His work" (John 4:34).

"For I came down from heaven, not to do Mine own will, but the will of Him that sent Me" (John 6:38).

And just what is it that we also must do if we are to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven?

"Not every one that says unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he that does THE WILL OF MY FATHER which is in heaven" (Matt. 7:21).

Jesus said that many would profess Him, but were really workers of iniquity and did NOT do the will of His Father. Jesus says, "Therefore…" in verse 24. The ‘Therefore’ refers back to what He had just told them about "doing the WILL of His Father."

"Therefore whosoever hears these sayings of mine, and DOES THEM, I will liken him to a wise man, which build his house upon a [Gk: ‘THE’] Rock [Jesus is ‘THE Rock’]. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house [yes, it is through MUCH tribulation that we enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, Acts 14:22]; and it fell not: for it was founded upon The Rock.

"And every one that hears these sayings of mine and does them NOT, shall be likened unto a foolish man [yes, there are ‘foolish saints’], which built his house upon THE SAND; And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house, and IT FELL: and GREAT was the fall of it" (Matt. 7:24-27).

Now I am sure that we all would like to declare that we have built OUR spiritual house upon The Rock of Jesus Christ, and that certainly WE are not among the foolish saints who have build our spiritual house upon the sand.

Make no mistake about it; if your spiritual house is built upon sand, IT WILL FALL! ALL spiritual houses built upon the sand, will fall.

The Great Church in Revelation is called:

"Mystery BABYLON THE GREAT, The Mother of harlots, and abominations of the earth" (Rev. 17:5).

This great church decidedly does NOT spiritually dwell in the heavens, but is ‘of the earth, earthy.’ This great church is built upon the spiritual sand of this world’s doctrines. And being built on sand, SHE WILL FALL:

"And there followed another angel, saying Babylon IS FALLEN, IS FALLEN, that great city [‘For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answers to Jerusalem which now is and is in bondage with her children’ Gal. 4:25], because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication" (Rev. 14:8).

And this…

"And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great IS FALLEN, IS FALLEN, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities" (Rev. 18:5).

And so, dear reader, if you have built your spiritual house upon the sand of this world’s great Church, you are warned to COME OUT OF HER, because she is going to fall, and "GREAT will be the fall of it."

This then, is the condition of ALL the saints at some time in their life, as they along with John, "…stood upon THE SAND OF THE SEA, and saw a wild beast rise up out of the sea…"

Now Jesus does not leave us in the dark as to just what the sand represents in this set of parables. Jesus says,

"And everyone who hears these SAYINGS OF MINE, and does them NOT, shall be likened unto a foolish man which built his house upon the sand…" (Matt. 7:26).

Peace...Mark

Ninny

Re: House on the sand
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 01:24:33 PM »

I can add my own personal experience to this..After spending all my life in church, when I was about 23 years old I started studying with the Seventh Day Adventist church and thought after all my life of living "in error" I had finally arrived at the truth!! For 20 years I was happily calling myself among the "chosen"..the few who obeyed the commanments of God! Oh my gosh! God is so merciful! I kept thinking about building your house on the sand and I always said "my house is built on the solid rock" After about 12 years into my journey of the "chosen" I began to think that surely something was not right! during those years I was busy raising my children and didn't stop to think about my "spiritual house". One day I said, "There is more to life than sitting in church every week hearing how perfect my life is and how no one else will go to heaven unless we tell them the truth we have"..hmmm..when I started to question this the church really frowned on my ideas! I actually attended a board meeting in which I was going to be disfellowshipped..anyone who knows me knows that is just so silly! :D ::) I had been an outstanding member for years, and held offices in the church! I was the youth leader!! I was the "worship leader"! and I had been the primary Sabbath School teacher for nearly the whole time I was an Adventist! How the mighty are fallen!!  :o
Houses built on the sand? yeah! I know what that's like...it's a pretty cold awakening when you think you've arrived and you're not even close!! In 2004 I found Bible Truths and I found where my spitual house would be built! and that hasn't been an easy house to build, but God is building it..sometimes he has to tear out some things that I try to build myself..but His ways are best...My house is still under construction!!
Kathy :D :-*
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.