bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hard Times And God  (Read 3932 times)

Jennie

Hard Times And God
« on: November 25, 2009, 09:30:34 AM »

It seems like to me from our position that when things got hard in our lives...we turned to God even more. Is a time such as we have been having the means to draw us closer to God or is it just a coincidence? I have been mad at God and I told Him I was mad. We are supposed to talk to him just like he is right here with us is what I 've been taught. When I really think about it... I have been mad at God for our situation but when I list the things I am thankful for ...it can go on and on. Why is that?Love . Jennie

soberxp

Re: Hard Times And God
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 10:54:46 AM »

hello,I'm new to here.

The God of the Bible speaks to us through His Word (Heb 4:12)
(Heb 4:12)For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; .it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart

I say cuz God's Great Love. ;)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 11:02:14 AM by soberxp »

dogcombat

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 11:04:04 AM »

Jennie,

We ALL have gotten mad at God for "working all things after the counsel of HIS OWN WILL"  (eph 1:11).  However, we CAN take our anger and frustrations to HIM.  Since He made all things WITHOUT our help, isn't He big enough to handle our misconceptions of Him?  You were only being real with anger because you had (and STILL have) questions for Him as you walk in His light.  Know this, when we try to hide our problems and anger and disappointments from Him,  we'll feel even worse.  Hiding them DOESN'T IMPRESS Him nor does it help us.  All we can do is (and this is what you've done)  is cast all our cares at His feet.  He can handle it, after all "With God ALL things are possible."
May His grace be sufficient today.

Ches

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 12:01:48 PM »

Hi Jennie!
You know that's one thing about God, you can fall on Him and be angry with him and tell him so! We can tell Him everything because there are no secrets from God, so why not just tell Him how we really feel and what we really want..He knows it all, anyway! It is such freedom knowing that nothing we can do will shock God or even annoy him..I am great at annoying people with my questions and my constant talking! I've even looked for people right here on this forum to just tell me to SHUT UP sometimes!  :D But God will never tell me to SHUT UP!! He has His ways of shutting me up, anyway! ::)

So you just tell God how you feel, He loves you and He WANTS you to say how you feel it's called honesty!! If you can't be honest with God..you just can't BE honest then!!
Love you!!
Kathy :D ;) :-*

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 04:28:17 AM »

Is a time such as we have been having the means to draw us closer to God or is it just a coincidence?

When I really think about it... I have been mad at God for our situation but when I list the things I am thankful for ...it can go on and on. Why is that?

hi jennie,
the times you are going through are most assuredly the means by which God is drawing you closer to Him.  there is NO coincidences with God.  all that He does is intentional.  regarding your question which i noted above, i think that possibly God is showing you that you have way more to be thankful for than you have to be angry at Him for.  i am happy for your husband that he got the job, and that he enjoys what he does.  his compassion for others will be a huge comfort for the people he deals with daily.  all praise and glory to our Father for the work He has done and is continuing to do in your life. 

claudia

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 08:58:06 AM »

Today being Thanksgiving I got up early this morning and just sat in the dark for quite a while and took the time to be thankful for what I do have.  No matter what our trials and tribulations are there are those who are worse off than we are.  As a parent, if my child continously came to me to make requests and almost never took the time to express gratitude for all I did for him then it would get wearisome.  God is using these very challenges in our lives to burn off the dross and to purify us.  These 'gehenna fires' are for our benefit in order to present us before him without spot or blemish.  The gold doesn't get it's glamor until it's been refined and purified.  We know that God will never leave us or forsake us and it's enough.

Heb 12:5-11  And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: Heb 12:6  For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?  But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye ********, and not sons.  Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?  For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.  Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Linny

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 10:22:57 PM »

As much as the trials hurt, they grow us even more. I am trying hard to be thankful during my trials rather than just after. Why not tell Him when you're angry with Him? He knows it anyway.
 ;) ;D
Lin

Jennie

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 10:15:55 AM »

Ya'll are so right! God is big enough to handle our anger and our thanks. That is why He is so great! I can't imagine not having my own relationship with God. He has kept us going, provided what we need and loves me for all my "Jennie ways"! Sometimes I think I am like a little ole kid throwing a temper tantrum asking "why" but He loves me even when I am laying on the floor , kicking and screaming"! Love to you all on this frosty day from my mountains, Jennie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.