bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bad spirits  (Read 4230 times)

gallenwalsh

Bad spirits
« on: November 26, 2009, 09:40:36 AM »

Can any one shed a little light on this: When an unclean spirit comes out of a man it looks for a dry land ( a place to rest ) then it figures hey I'll go back to my old home and when he gets there the house is all cleaned up and he is not welcome there and cannot gain entrance, so he gets some buddies more foul than himself and they break in so the house is so much worse than when he first left. We all , myself included, have either seen or experienced a bad habit we have overcome or have seen someone overcome but if they go back to it, it seems to come back with a vengeance.The  previous statement implies, however, that the individual has no choice in the matter, that he will be overpowered . Not too encouraging. I know the apostles were casting out demons at that time, was Jesus saying they have to charge the foul spirits never to return or they are causing more harm that good ? Seems to me,we are all just victims of the powers that be.Jesus also spoke a parable of ( not sure exactly, might have been the talents ) but the gist of it was that he would come to his temple, and take that which was given if he finds no prosperity and give it to someone else so that they, ( the individual who is lacking) will be in worse shape than when they started. These statements seem similar,.. at least in the end result. Any connection ? Forgive my inability to quote scripture exactly, or where to find it,I tend to remember the context only. Not as young as I used to be.

mharrell08

Re: Bad spirits
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 11:01:31 AM »

Matt 12:43-45  When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation

Luke 11:24-26  When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out. And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

Hello Gallenwalsh,

The scriptures do not state that the unclean spirit cannot gain entrance, only that the man whom it left out of is made whole. But that's a minor difference.

The man himself would be overpowered but notice what Christ states in the previous scripture in Luke and other accounts:

Luke 11:20-22  ...if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you. When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace: But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.

Mark 3:27  No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house

Matt 12:28-29  ...if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

Paul references the 'old man' (carnality) and the 'new man' (mind of Christ) in his epistles as well:

Eph 4:22-24  That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Col 3:9-10  Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created him

There are scriptures to help in understanding how one is worse off than before:

Prov 26:10-12  The great God that formed all things both rewardeth the fool, and rewardeth transgressors. As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly. Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

2 Pet 2:20-22  For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

We are to submit ourselves unto God, a living sacrifice [Rom 12:1], and these doctrine of demons [1 Tim 4:1] will flee from us [James 4:7]

John 14:23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him [this is the NEW man, a stronger man than the old]

John 15:10  If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love

If one worships the Lord in spirit and truth, with a humble obedience, the Lord will empower you in all things.

Phil 4:13  I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me

Hope this helps,

Marques

gallenwalsh

Re: Bad spirits
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 01:27:22 PM »

Very much,.....Thanks !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.