bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A prodigal returns.. and a question about homeschooling  (Read 3780 times)

rockrdude

A prodigal returns.. and a question about homeschooling
« on: November 29, 2009, 07:40:49 AM »

Hello everyone! I'm back after being away for a while. Even though I never posted very often before, I sure did miss you all when I went away. I did keep up with some of you on Facebook, but I just couldn't stay away from the rest of you here on the forums. You truly are family to me.

Anyway.. I have a question for you homeschoolers:

Do any of you know of a decent Bible curriculum for younger children (K-4 or so) that isn't just filled with the dreck and false teachings of the institutional church system? I understand there is probably nothing with the truths that we share here, but are there any reasonably non-offensive ones that are suitable for teaching simple "Bible basics" to young children, so to speak?

soberxp

Re: A prodigal returns.. and a question about homeschooling
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 07:55:31 AM »

I send ya a message.

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 11:25:33 AM »

Hi Rockrdude, long time no see! In case she doesn't see this Linny might be the one to ask..she's usually up on stuff with homeschooling..with the grandkids here we use Alpha Omega, but I don't know about for the preschool set..we haven't done any preschool yet..the other AO stuff is REALLY oriented toward doctrines as I recall! Maybe Lin can direct you.... :D
 ;)

Linny

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 12:59:14 PM »

I sent him a message!  :)

rockrdude

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 08:39:04 PM »

Thank you soberxp and Linny... I am looking at the information you sent to me. Now I need to pray and decide how to proceed.  :)

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 08:53:08 PM »

Praying with you, dude!!  :D

Roy Coates

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 09:34:58 PM »

i would be interested in that information as well. Please ;D

Linny

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 02:24:55 AM »

This is what I sent Rockrdude.

Before I found BT I had started (4th gr) doing Kay Arthur kids studies with my oldest. It is Precepts ministries which, if you aren't familiar, believe in interpreting the Bible using the Bible. It was the first step God put me on before being ready for BT. Now, they are still very worldly but it is not as bad as some. And I use them to point out the worldly teachings and talk about it since my kids belong to a Christian co-op which includes their friends who don't believe as we do.
But this year I found something you may really like. It is basically an outline and you can do the study yourselves. It is for family devotions which I was excited about.
Now I only have the Foundations 1 so I don't know if the Foundations 2 and 3 are any different, but this one I liked.
Google AnnesSchoolPlace and click on Bible.
I didn't think I could add the link. :-X

Lin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.