bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The serpent  (Read 4382 times)

gallenwalsh

The serpent
« on: November 29, 2009, 01:38:00 PM »

A question on the symbol of the serpent: I know most every one is acquainted with the Devil being symbolized with a serpent. I know of two other occasions( there may be more ) where  a serpent was used by God to show HIS power. One :At Pharaoh's court where Moses's staff turned into a serpent that devoured Pharaoh's serpent and in the wilderness when a serpent was put on top of a pole and whenever anyone looked upon it after it was lifted up they would be healed. Are these just symbols of Christ himself swallowing up death with life? Why would Christ use the same symbol as the Devil ? Any thoughts ?

Marky Mark

Re: The serpent
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 03:15:37 PM »

gallenwalsh. Email reply from Ray,hope it helps.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7322.0.html

Later the Israelites were made to worship the image of a serpent of brass to save their lives.

COMMENT:  That's a lie, Ariel. Read it:

Num 21:8 And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.

Num 21:9 And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.
    They were to "look" upon the serpent, NOT WORSHIP IT. It was a reminder of their sin, and then God healed them.     
    Why would God make the Israelites worship a serpent? This seems like Satan posing as God.

COMMENT:  Where do you see the word "worship" in any of those Scriptures? God did not make Israel worship a serpent. That's nuts.
    Ray

Peace...Mark

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 04:00:16 PM »

Hello gallenwalsh

Also and to add,  Christ does not share anything with any Devil.

John 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath NOTHING in me.  

Matthew 28:19 Then Jesus came to them and said "ALL authority in heaven and on earth has been give to me."

Your conclusion therefore was not Scriptural yet it was very logical. 

Arc

soberxp

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 10:56:48 PM »

hi gallenwalsh

Are these just symbols of Christ himself swallowing up death with life? Why would Christ use the same symbol as the Devil ? Any thoughts ?

in my Version,about my story at http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,10924.0.html

Christ show himself as himself(Jesus on the Cross ).

I know satan who is angle from GOD,and fall. Why would God make the Israelites worship a serpent? This seems like Satan posing as God.to us(CHINESE)The serpent as small "dragon".

A question on the symbol of the serpent: I know most every one is acquainted with the Devil being symbolized with a serpent. I know of two other occasions( there may be more ) where  a serpent was used by God to show HIS power. One :At Pharaoh's court where Moses's staff turned into a serpent that devoured Pharaoh's serpent and in the wilderness when a serpent was put on top of a pole and whenever anyone looked upon it after it was lifted up they would be healed. Any thoughts ?

I'm sure Jesus and his Mother live in Egypt as shelter.that's must actually means something to you and anyone.

REV 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 12:12:51 AM by soberxp »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 17 queries.