bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Desires from the Figurative Heart  (Read 5765 times)

Samson

Desires from the Figurative Heart
« on: November 30, 2009, 11:59:36 AM »

Hi Everyone,

Recently I had an experience that motivated me to enter this Thread dealing with motives and desires that emanate from the Heart(Mind), mostly the ones that might lead to wicked actions. My experience involves a relative(one who knows me quite well) that called me the other night while I was at work, this relative had just attended a viewing of someone we both knew that just died. While at the viewing she ran into a niece who had worked with me 15 years ago, this young Lady was very fond of me with good memories of working with me. This Relative called just to tell me that, " My favorite Girl I ever worked with from Hunterdon Developmental Center(my 20 yr career job) was asking about me and stated I was the only one who cared about her." This relative only briefly mentioned anything about the person who died, rather focusing on this former Girl of interest. This experience motivated me to start this Thread and list the Scriptures below in red as they relate to desires and what this relative was trying to accomplish(A Heart fabricating hurtfull schemes) and keep in mind, I know this Relative quite well.

Proverbs. 6:16-19- " There are six things that Jehovah does hate, yes, seven things detestable to his soul, lofty eyes, a false tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, A HEART FABRICATING HURTFULL SCHEMES, FEET THAT ARE IN A HURRY TO RUN TO BADNESS,  a false witness that launches forth lies and anyone sending forth contentions among Brothers."

Matthew. 15:18-20a-" However, the things proceeding out of the mouth come out of the heart, and these things defile a man. For example, out of the heart come wicked reasonings, murders, adulteries, fornications, thieveries, false testimonies, blashemies. These are the things defiling a man."

1John. 2:15,16- " Do not be loving either the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world the world, the love of the Father is not in him, because everything in the world, the desire of the flesh, and the desire of the eyes and the showy display of ones means of life does not originate with the Father, originates with the world."

Genesis. 3:6- " Consequently the Woman saw that the tree was good food and that it was SOMETHING TO BE LONGED FOR TO THE EYES, yes, the tree was desirable to look upon(literally-to impart wisdom)."

James. 1:13-15- " When under trial, let no one say, I am being tried by God, For with evil things, God cannot be tried, nor does he try anyone. But each one is tried by BEING DRAWN OUT AND ENTICED BY HIS OWN DESIRE. THEN THE DESIRE, WHEN IT HAS BECOME FERTILE, gives to birth sin, in turn, when it has been accomplished , brings forth death."

The purpose of this thread is to bring to light that you could go about your everday business, trying to do right, have an honorable Marriage with one you truly love and someone comes along to fabricate a scheme to incite trouble. It's enough to deal with ones fallen flesh and then insidious things like this happen. And I know " All is of God" and these experiences occur to help refine us Spiritually.

Any comments and experiences by Forum members are welcome to contribute to the Discussion. All Scriptures listed above were taken from the New World Translation and Caps were by me for emphasis.

Kind Regards, Samson.

gallenwalsh

Re: Desires from the Figurative Heart
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 01:13:16 PM »

But you see through the thing, and if your heart is pure you are safe.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 05:58:45 PM »

Hi Sampson

I love Ray's teaching on Repentance that shows us that we could be ANYONE. I really appreciate that Ray shows us to be grateful that we are not some of the people who  torment,  irritate, horrify or challenge us. Draw comfort that we are not appointed to Gods wrath.

Psalms 23 : 5 Thou preparest a table before me IN THE PRESENCE of my enemies.

So count it all joy Sampson and continue in the faith and knowledge that it is God Who is causing exactly those kind of circumstances that shall try and trouble you because it is that uncomfortable path of trials and tribulations through which we enter His Kingdom.

Arc

Samson

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 07:09:30 PM »

Gallenwash & Arcturus,

I appreciate your comments and of course I'm glad my motives in this area of imperfection is much improved. There are no desires for other Woman, that I'm aware. However, my purpose for sharing this experience was to here other experiences like this, there's no doubt that these experiences and trials are part of my training and refinement. It just amazes me that this Relative mentioned in my initial Post has nothing better to do, except feet running to badness and Arcturus(Deb) is right, By the Grace of God, I'm not like that, but I don't know if I shall inherit the Kingdom and receive Eonian(age-abiding) Life, will just have to see. Ray mentioned somewhere in the latter part of this years conference, you can know, but we all have to endure until the end, in my case, I don't like to presume anything, Let he who thinks he is standing beware he does not fall, in the past, I fell quite often, so I don't want to get cocky and think that I finally arrived, have to keep alert for these insidious surprises from ex-wives, ex-mother-in-laws, ect.

Thanks, Samson.

G. Driggs

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 07:47:42 PM »

Hi Samson, I dont have an experience to share that is exactly like yours, but I did find something interesting in Scripture, but you might already know this.

Mat 10:35  For I have come to set a man against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
Mat 10:36  And a man's foes shall be those of his own household.

Luk 12:51  Do you suppose that I have come to give peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division.
Luk 12:52  For from now on, there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
Luk 12:53  The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.

Household from the Greek

G3615
οἰκιακός
oikiakos
oy-kee-ak-os'
From G3614; familiar, that is, (as noun) relatives: - they (them) of (his own) household.

In this way I can relate to you, because it seems sometimes my own family gives me the hardest time. Either way all is of God and like Arcturus said, count it all joy.

Peace, G.Driggs

Samson

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 09:24:02 PM »

Hi Samson, I dont have an experience to share that is exactly like yours, but I did find something interesting in Scripture, but you might already know this.

Mat 10:35  For I have come to set a man against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
Mat 10:36  And a man's foes shall be those of his own household.

Luk 12:51  Do you suppose that I have come to give peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division.
Luk 12:52  For from now on, there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
Luk 12:53  The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.

Household from the Greek

G3615
οἰκιακός
oikiakos
oy-kee-ak-os'
From G3614; familiar, that is, (as noun) relatives: - they (them) of (his own) household.

In this way I can relate to you, because it seems sometimes my own family gives me the hardest time. Either way all is of God and like Arcturus said, count it all joy.

Peace, G.Driggs

Amen Brother, regarding Matthew. 10:35,36, ain't it the truth, in regards to Joy, the only joy I got was not falling for any nonsense in this area, those experiences seem rather childish and ridiculous to to me.

Thanks for the Scriptures, Samson.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 10:09:47 PM »

Brad,

Our prayers for wisdom and great patience will be with you.

Have faith in what you have been shown.

Bob

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 04:52:21 AM »

However, my purpose for sharing this experience was to here other experiences like this,

Okay Samson. Here's one for you just in.

Cell phone rings. It is my husbands cell phone that is linking me to Bible Truths via blue tooth. I answer. It is Patricia. This is an ex girl friend who tried her level best to get my husband to marry her and when she failed she tried to get him to adopt her daughter. This also failed. He married me and we have a lovely son together. Get the picture?

Well, I answer the phone and she asks in her sweetest voice if I will give her the phone number to my in-laws. I took the opportunity to tell her that when I was about to go into the liquidation hearings, she sat next to me and told me that she was not going to help me and that she did not want to help me. My husband had employed her into his Company and she was earning very well. This is not a tid for tat Samson but a reckoning where I felt I had to show her what she did that hurt and that was so cruel towards me in a very dark moment in my life, so she would not have to go away not knowing why I was not all synthetically ( should be spelt SIN-thetically!) mellifluously mushy towards her. I told her what she said to me moments before a most distressing experience of my life and guess what? She flatly denied it. She said I was being rude. She said that she is a Christian and that she tells only the truth and that she did no such thing. Then she hung up but not before I told her that if she wants to have fellowship with my in-laws then that is between them and her.

There is a freedom in being able to tell a person why you don't connect with them if they are trying to insinuate themselves into your life via the guise of hypocrisy or sheep's clothing. I feel it is a worthy experience for a person to KNOW what they have done so they can either correct it, apologise, understand or like Patricia has done, flatly deny it, slander me with holier than thou platitudes and then hang up.  When do you think she will call again?....Mmmmmm?.../She'll be back. She'll think of something maybe....

Arc

I
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 04:59:44 AM by Arcturus »

Samson

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 12:13:35 PM »

Thanks Deb,

That's along the lines of what I was hoping to hear, not to say that I'm glad it happened to you, she sounds like a sneaky snake. It's been my contention through much experience with Marriages of the past and Ex-this or Ex-that, the Woman(Arcturus or Frecklegirl) should deal with the other female. A Woman is better equipped to take on another Woman in emotional warfare. A guy does poorly and is better at shutting his mouth, at least initially, when confronted with female type weaponry. I had a Woman tell me years ago that: " A man should never react emotionally first, he does poorly, but rather react from the logical side of the Brain first, in other words think about things first, otherwise he might react abusively. In the case of this relative, it's best to remain silent, she's beyond correction, she's a know it all that won't receive advice or correction and never does anything wrong.

Anyway, I thought you handled your situation quite well; " cautious as a serpent and innocent as a dove." especially when dealing with these kinds of people.

Kind Regards, Samson.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:40:28 PM by Samson »

Ninny

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 12:20:20 PM »

AMEN, AMEN and AMEN, Samson!!!
Kathy :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.