bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is hillsbororiver?  (Read 12631 times)

Roy Martin

Where is hillsbororiver?
« on: December 02, 2009, 09:21:26 PM »

What has come of Joe? I miss him and his post.

Roy

Samson

Re: Where is hillsbororiver?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 09:28:03 PM »

What has come of Joe? I miss him and his post.

Roy

Hey Roy,

John Popovich and I were asking the same question, but realizing that he goes in the Forum as Hidden, but hasn't had time to Post. I called him a few times, but he hasn't called me back, he's been busy with work. That's all I know.

Kind Regards, Samson.

OBrenda

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 09:46:24 PM »

I miss him also
 :-\

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 09:55:53 PM »

"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 11:30:02 AM »

Hi Roy, Samson, Brenda & Fester,

Thanks for asking and or responding to the question raised by Roy.

I am doing well, still studying, meditating on this journey we are all experiencing, looking for glimmers of Light wherever I happen to be.

Obviously my posting has screeched to a halt, the reason being that apparently I have lost discernment and/or understanding of the meaning of the term "teaching." This is also why I resigned as a moderator, what value is a moderator who lacks any discernment?  ;)

There have been allegations or accusations directed at me for attempting to be a "teacher" and/or gain a following, neither of which at least to my mind's eye and consciousness is true but with perception being our personal reality it left me no option other than ceasing to share any insights, thoughts or questions that could be interpreted by some as teaching.

I do consider myself a student of His Word at this point being drawn primarily to the patterns, parables and riddles contained within the scriptures, I cannot ever recall making a declaration that "this is Truth" or this is the only way you can view this or that book, chapter or verse. If I have please show me and I will be more than happy to delete it.

Perhaps at times I offended some by speculation but it was only motivated by a desire to inspire others to open their bibles, minds and spirit, to dig for treasure and not wait for it to be delivered to them.

Anyway, there is no bitterness on my part, everything that happens to me or anyone else has lessons to be drawn from the experience, even if we don't understand it in this age I feel confident we will in the age to come.

Oops, there I go "teaching" again.  :P

Thanks again for asking!

Peace,

Joe

P.S. Fester I got a chuckle from your response, but I am actually thousands of miles away from there.
My backyard backs up on this Hillsborough River;

http://images.google.ca/images?q=hillsborough+river&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=gsIXS6rwNYSMswO4w-GgDg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CBwQsAQwAw

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 12:47:03 PM »

Joe,
We have all been the losers here! I'm sorry, but This forum has lost a unique moderator in you  :'( 
I miss your insights, your wit, and your gentle wisdom..anyone who has a problem with that, just has a problem! I love all the other mods here, each one has a kind, sweet spirit..(even Craig!) just kidding, Craig! ;) Honestly all the moderators are the best!! You, Joe..are loved and missed! :'(
Praying for you,
Kathy :'( :-*

Roy Martin

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 01:12:27 PM »

Joe it's my opinion that anyone that accused you, or judged you are the ones without discernment.
 Yes I know my comment is on the edge of deletion, or causing this thread to get locked, but this just absolutely upsets me, >:( and I'm sorry to hear it.  :'(

Roy

Samson

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 01:23:53 PM »

For Joe,

This Songs for you, my Wife and I dedicate this Song to you. See Below !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_izt7vlJKM0

Enjoy, Samson & Frecklegirl

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 01:46:31 PM »

Now Samson & Freckle Girl if that doesn't bring a smile and a tear to Joe..then nothing will! :D
Kathy ;)

mharrell08

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 02:30:07 PM »

Hi Roy, Samson, Brenda & Fester,

Thanks for asking and or responding to the question raised by Roy.

I am doing well, still studying, meditating on this journey we are all experiencing, looking for glimmers of Light wherever I happen to be.

Obviously my posting has screeched to a halt, the reason being that apparently I have lost discernment and/or understanding of the meaning of the term "teaching." This is also why I resigned as a moderator, what value is a moderator who lacks any discernment?  ;)

There have been allegations or accusations directed at me for attempting to be a "teacher" and/or gain a following, neither of which at least to my mind's eye and consciousness is true but with perception being our personal reality it left me no option other than ceasing to share any insights, thoughts or questions that could be interpreted by some as teaching.

I do consider myself a student of His Word at this point being drawn primarily to the patterns, parables and riddles contained within the scriptures, I cannot ever recall making a declaration that "this is Truth" or this is the only way you can view this or that book, chapter or verse. If I have please show me and I will be more than happy to delete it.

Perhaps at times I offended some by speculation but it was only motivated by a desire to inspire others to open their bibles, minds and spirit, to dig for treasure and not wait for it to be delivered to them.

Anyway, there is no bitterness on my part, everything that happens to me or anyone else has lessons to be drawn from the experience, even if we don't understand it in this age I feel confident we will in the age to come.

Oops, there I go "teaching" again.  :P

Thanks again for asking!

Peace,

Joe

P.S. Fester I got a chuckle from your response, but I am actually thousands of miles away from there.
My backyard backs up on this Hillsborough River;

http://images.google.ca/images?q=hillsborough+river&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=gsIXS6rwNYSMswO4w-GgDg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CBwQsAQwAw

Hello Joe,

I don't think you should stop participating on the forum. Or Beloved.

You two, and others who have stopped participating, help others with your understanding of the scriptures and Ray's teachings. If it really is about edifying one another, no accusation or allegation will stick.

And one more note (and this is not meant to offend you, honest): I don't get it when someone just stops participating. I really don't...does a person just stop having joy when discussing the Word? Do we get tired of hearing our brother and sister's prayer request and how God moves in their life? Do we not get joy when helping one's understanding of the scriptures and how awesome the plan & wisdom of God is?

Helping one another should be the driving force in our participation here, how could we just stop doing that for each other? Christ was very clear in His words:

Matt 20:25-28  Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Luke 22:32  I
[Jesus] have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Sorry for the rant but I still feel that you and others should continue to participate. Is it really worth it to stop?

Marques

Marlene

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 04:31:01 PM »

Joe, I miss you alot. I have always gained lots from your post. You , were so kind to me when I first joined and really needed some guidance. Even , in personal messages we shared I could tell how loving and kind person you were.  I have learned alot off of others who have been on here for a long time and even some from youngers members who seem to be leap and bounds over my understanding.

In His Love,
Marlene

Roy Martin

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 06:22:28 PM »

Joe you know that Marques is right, and the scriptures prove it as well as the ones that miss you, and Beloved. We love you, and would be at a great loss of the body if you stop participating. I think you know that you can't go away, nor silence yourself of the gift that you have.

Peace
 Roy

Living to die, dieing to live, wanting to walk on water.

walt123

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 09:47:15 PM »

Hi Joe

Here is a dedication to you Joe when you were moderator,as well as all the moderators who are doing a very good work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I7Wk14VWK4

Walt.

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 04:00:18 AM »

walt,
thanks so much for posting the youtube video.  inspiring.  :) 

marques,
i agree with absolutely everything you said to joe.  :)

joe,
you know i miss you, and your insights, and your humor.  :) :)

we are all students, and yes, sometimes we might even be a teacher to someone else.  all inspired and purposed by our Creator.  all...

claudia

hillsbororiver

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 09:48:01 AM »

Good morning Brothers and Sisters,

Thanks again for your kind words, advice and for the you-tubes, all these things tug at my heart and deepen my affection for you all.

If only it was as simple as me taking some shots from detractors, that is not even close to what I am struggling with but in good conscious I cannot make this a public issue.

Going back through the years there were some rather caustic arrows fired at a few of us connected to Bible Truths, the accusations were worse than what I mentioned earlier in this thread, there were a few waves of this activity that we experienced but it really did not bother me very much as Craig and I weathered the storm together bringing us even closer as fellow moderators and more importantly as friends. I only mention this to illustrate that my problem/dilemma is not a case of acute thin skin or hurt feelings.

This situation is quite different and I still feel the need to wait on the Lord to provide answers, believe me I am not being purposely cryptic or starring in my own low budget cheesy mystery drama but sincerely seeking answers to questions troubling my heart and spirit. Folks, there is no desire on my part to be the eye in a storm of controversy, that is why I have stayed silent for the most part, in silence there is no need to attempt to take back words that once are out there can never really be removed or completely forgotten, at least by our own power.

So again I must thank you all from the bottom of my heart and I promise to be in touch.

My love and respect to you all,

Joe
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 09:51:03 AM by hillsbororiver »

firefly77

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 11:08:42 AM »

Ecclesiastes 3
A Time for Everything

1 There is a time for everything,
       and a season for every activity under heaven:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
       a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
       a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
       a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
       a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,
       a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
      a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8 a time to love and a time to hate,
       a time for war and a time for peace.

However, Joe, having said this, I still miss your input, wisdom, gentleness, kindness, and thoughtfulness; you were and still are such a good communicator!

Angie

Ninny

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 11:50:03 AM »

That's just what I'm talking about, Joe..gentle wisdom..standing with you in prayer..
Kathy :-*

G. Driggs

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 04:22:41 PM »

Hi Joe, praying God will give you the answers. Just remember, and you probably already know this, God is in complete control and the cause of all, nothing is happening that shouldn't be happening, whether it be good or bad. If God is the cause of all then everything is for our ultimate good.

God knows your heart and motives better than anyone else, prefer His judgment over anyone else. Not to preach, or to puff myself up, but I sincerely hope these verses will help and encourage you.

Psa 139:23 Search me out, O El, and know my heart; Test me, and know my disquieting thoughts."
Psa 139:24 See if a grievous way is in me, And guide me in the way eonian. Permanent"

1Co 3:12  Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
1Co 3:13  each man's work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work.
1Co 3:14  If any man's work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward.
1Co 3:15  If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

Stay humble bro, be forgiving and merciful toward others for whatever wrong you perceived has been done to you, let Love guide you, Love will not fail, LOVE, expecting nothing back in return. Deny self (the beast) in this tough time. Praying for your understanding, strength and endurance to overcome, and that the Lord will give you answers. You've been given a lot of encouragement from many here, because we care.

Faith, Hope and LOVE be multiplied to you Joe and all the brothers and sisters in Christ

George D.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 04:30:33 PM by G. Driggs »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 10:31:42 AM »

Thanks Angie, Kathy and George,

You are all very kind.

Amazing Angie! Ecclesiastes has been my dear companion lately, an incredible book I find so relevant to my present state of mind as well as all the chaotic (as it appears because we know Who is in control) events running rampant in the world.

Kathy you are a real friend to everyone here, that I am sure is greatly appreciated by all (it certainly is by me).

George, thank you for your input and the verses you took the time to quote, much to reflect on for sure.

Peace,

Joe
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 10:52:01 AM by hillsbororiver »

judith collier

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 03:01:28 AM »

OMG, Joe, didn't realize you were gone since I haven't been on here for awhile. I will miss you. You guys are beautiful and I can't even imagine any one taking a shot at you. Take heart and keep the faith and remember our love for you. Judy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.