bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did you ever thank God....  (Read 4972 times)

dogcombat

Did you ever thank God....
« on: November 02, 2009, 09:58:20 AM »

....for ONE simple thing you did (or are about to do) today?   Over this past weekend, I thought about how I have NEVER thanked Him for giving me the opportunity to pray today.  As usual, I've loaded all of what I wanted Him to do for me in them (recall the "My Selfish Prayers" thread),  and then the Spirit dawned on me to thank God for giving me the chance to pray.  It went something like this...

"Father, I thank you for waking me to start a new day.  And I thank you for giving me this opportunity to pray to you.  Day after day, I always come to you when I want something and get upset over the fact that you work ALL THINGS AFTER THE COUNSEL OF YOUR OWN WILL (Eph. 1:11).  Everything happens on YOUR appointed time schedule (Eccl 3:1-8), YOU never change who YOU are, but through your grace and mercy via the cross have changed how we all come to you in earnest belief that you are Sovereign and all things are under your control (Rom. 8:28).   The prayers you ANSWER are the ones prayed according to what you've put on our hearts to pray (Rom. 8:26).   So I want to thank you for giving me this chance to pray to you today."

To put it mildly things are ROUGH for me right now.  If the above prayer inspires you today to, as another writer surmised,  "push away from the dock and out to the open waters where He calls us to Him", then it was well worth it.

May God enlighten you
Ches

Ninny

Re: Did you ever thank God....
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 10:27:21 AM »

Thank you, Chess...Every time I wake up I say "Thank you Lord for giving me another day!" I'll say a prayer for you today!!
Kathy ;)

EKnight

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 11:23:16 PM »

Good point ches.  Being able to pray for the people that need prayer is certainly a blessing worthy of thanks.

Eileen

blakparty

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 01:19:11 AM »

That was great Ches.  I know what you mean in that prayer.  I also thank God that I am allowed to wake up everyday to talk to Him.  I really love it and starting to understand that when He put things on my heart to pray about and then I see them with my own eyes taking place in my life.  I have learned to pray for the spiritual things instead of the "junk".  One thing I can tell you is that He do give you the desires of your heart when your desire are in line with His will.  It is just great!!!  Anyway, about the rough part of your life, count it all joy because I can tell you that it is rough for me as well but after a while the rain because a sunny day.  Hang in there bother it gets better.
Peace and blessings, Rob(blakparty) ;D

dogcombat

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 03:25:29 PM »

Thanks all,

Sometimes it's the simplest thoughts that make the best impact.

Ches

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 09:40:19 PM »

Yes Ches I have thanked Him,

I thank God for His Son who has given us an example of unconditional love.

I thank God for His ultimate plan for us.

I thank God for giving us the opportunity to witness our own creation/transformation into His Sons & Daughters.

I thank God the time of trouble is so short compared to immortality.

I thank God I do not have to be worried about the fate of family & friends.

I thank God for opening up my eyes and ears to see and hear He is not going to torture anyone for eternity.

I thank God for my enemies who will keep me humble and introspective.

I thank God for the empathy and kind words from my brethren.

Excellent topic Brother!

Peace,

Joe

rockrdude

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 10:57:40 PM »

Life has been a constant struggle lately. Frustrating would be an understatement.

All that said, I always seem to find plenty of things to be thankful for, and when I pray it all comes flooding out.

Years ago, my family and I were homeless and living in our car. So it is a true blessing to wake up every morning in the home that we own free and clear. Yeah, it needs a "Holmes on Homes" intervention, or maybe the Extreme Home Makeover team to give it a major workover. But, it's still a nice house, all things considered.

But much of the world lives significantly worse than we do. So instead of complaining:

I am always thankful for the roof over my head, the vehicle we drive, the food God has provided, our health, our children, that the bills are paid despite financial hardships, and that our furnace is running keeping our house warm in this cold weather. I am thankful that God has chosen to share some of His truths with me that have been hidden from so many others. I am thankful for my brothers and sisters in the Body of Christ, and some of them I can even call my friends. I am thankful that family and friends who do not know the real Jesus will eventually come to know Him well.

And where life sucks and seems to have no hope: I am thankful that I still have hope in Christ Jesus, and that In Him is everything I ever needed.

In all things (even our trials), give thanks, for the Lord is GOOD!  :)

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 11:58:08 PM »

God is so good and he never leaves His children..no matter where we are or what situation we're in God is in it all and He watches over and loves us!

I don't know about tomorrow,
It may bring me poverty;
But the One Who feeds the sparrow,
Is the One Who stands by me.
And the path that be my portion,
May be through the flame or flood,
But His presence goes before me,
And I'm covered with His blood.

Blessings,
Kathy :)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 01:10:23 AM »

And where life sucks and seems to have no hope: I am thankful that I still have hope in Christ Jesus, and that In Him is everything I ever needed.

rockrdude,
your post of thanksgiving was such an inspiration for me.  i especially liked the statement i have bolded above.

claudia

judith collier

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 02:18:56 AM »

It seems the older I get it is easier to be grateful inspite of troubles. I believe it to be the ability to let go more of my desires, plans, and expectations. I can accept somewhat quicker than before.
Now, for the most part I am happy just to be alive. The journey is like a roller coaster at times but one learns to trust God more and probably because at this stage of life there are not as many stresses that haven't been tested already. It's when you can look back and remind yourself just how many times and places God showed up. And that He will again, forever and ever and ever (sorry Ray, know this is redundant, smile)  Judy

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 06:50:45 PM »

It seems the older I get it is easier to be grateful inspite of troubles. I believe it to be the ability to let go more of my desires, plans, and expectations. I can accept somewhat quicker than before.
Now, for the most part I am happy just to be alive. The journey is like a roller coaster at times but one learns to trust God more and probably because at this stage of life there are not as many stresses that haven't been tested already. It's when you can look back and remind yourself just how many times and places God showed up. And that He will again, forever and ever and ever (sorry Ray, know this is redundant, smile)  Judy

judy,
i am so glad to see you post.  your testimony above is awesome.

claudia

soberxp

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 02:10:30 AM »

Thank god led me into the bible-truths Land where the person is so nice ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.