bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking Behind and Seeing  (Read 4793 times)

bunnylife

Looking Behind and Seeing
« on: December 05, 2009, 04:40:30 AM »

It has been two days after Easter 2009 that my eyes were open to the Truth of God's word. It is so exciting to know that all of humanity is saved. It is wonderful see God's word in His Light and all the layers of spiritual treasure to be discovered.

God showed me something I didn't even realize what a hold fear had on me. I knew when in the church (Christendom) that God is Love but yet could not understand how burning in hell related to Him. God caused me to see Him as Love as He was getting me ready to be called out of the church. The other day I thought about hell and how horrible the concept to give to a loving Almighty God. I felt like I was in this loop (blind). While in trap in this loop I was afraid to believe anything else about God. That fear of hell even though I hated it, did control my life. I was afraid that if I believe not what the church taught which I believe was God's word, that I would be endanger of going to hell or losing my salvation. God is suppose to love me and yet I was afraid or fearing of His judgment on me for wrong thinking. It is only when you are out of the loop (eyes opened) that you can now look behind you and see what was going on.

The truth of God's word truly sets a person free. The realization as I spoke it to my mom shocked me. Then I said it to God and realized during that time in the loop, I was afraid of God. How could that be? This is a good thing as I can see that this didn't just happen to me but to others who are in that loop.

Can a person truly love God when believing in a fable hell? If you believe in fable hell, you have no love for people than how can you say you love God? I just saying that I was afraid of God... afraid that if I believe something wrong but this was subconscious or me being blind. It wasn't until I am looking behind me that I see this because God cause me to see. I know there are many, many more times of looking behind I will see, grass burning, trees burning.. etc. until it is completely burned.. me ground to fine powder.

I have a friend that was so afraid of God that he said he was clinging to God even though he knew about this fable hell. I realize I was too afraid maybe not to his degree but does that real matter. What is not of faith is sin. I was able to share with him the truth of God's word and it set him free. God has not called him yet but it is wonderful to see him free from that fear. It wonderful for me to be set free from that fear.

Father is truly wonderful, loving and knowing He will finish the work He started in me and others. He will bring all by fire to become His children.

In His Love,
Bunni  :)

soberxp

Re: Looking Behind and Seeing
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 07:21:44 AM »

You should listen to this song "What I've done".

in this farewell,
there's no blood,
there's no alibi.
cause i've drawn regret,
from the truth,
of a thousand lies.
so let mercy come,
and wash away...

what i've done,
i'll face myself,
to cross out
what i've become,
erase myself,
and let go of
what i've done.

put to rest,
what you thought of me.
while i clean this slate,
with the hands of uncertainty
so let mercy come,
and wash away...

what i've done,
i'll face myself,
to cross out
what i've become,
erase myself,
and let go of
what i've done.

for what i've done,
i start again.
and whatever pain may come,
today this ends,
i'm forgiving...

what i've done,
i'll face myself,
to cross out
what i've become,
erase myself,
and let go of
what i've done.

what i've done,
forgiving what i've done.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 11:46:35 AM »

Hi Bunnylife
You so accurately describe being so  frightened and so terrified by the teachings of hell that made you feel too “afraid to believe anything else about God.”

While in trap in this loop I was afraid to believe anything else about God. That fear of hell even though I hated it, did control my life.

Your experience shows some of the  consequences of believing in false teachings not because we want to believe in false teachings but because either we do not know any better or idols of our hearts become magnets for false teachings that keep us bound to error.

John 8 : 31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said
, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." :)

Arc

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 12:52:09 PM »

Bunni..I will say that I think God was preparing me for "coming out of her" long before I ever even realized it! When I was still a teenager I was very active in church..but..I never have forgotten when the pastor's wife, who was my SS teacher said to us, "...Now you take the Catholic church down the road here...well, we don't really consider these people to be Christians..." That was one of the first inklings to my 13 year old mind that something might have been just a wee bid off kilter with my Nazarene church!!  I remember thinking..."What ARE they then??" Atheists? no they believe in God! Jews?? NO they believe that Jesus is the Messiah...hmm, well at that time I didn't know anything about many other religions except I had heard of Buddhists and Muslims..well that puzzled me for some time! What she was saying in reality was, "Since they don't BELIEVE like WE do ...they're lost!" I figured that out later in life!!  :D I remember asking my mom a lot of things that she couldn't answer about why the world's the way it is and why if God loves me is He going to send me to burn forever if I don't "get saved"! My mother was at a loss..so I asked my Grandmother who was pretty good at telling us "If you don't behave you will go to hell!!" Somehow my young mind couldn't focus on hell! ha!

My grandparents were very devout people, but oh my gosh!! They believed in hell!! My grandpa would pray so hard for people not to go to hell! hmmm..Funny thing is I never strayed far away from the way I was brought up...but in my heart! In my heart, I KNEW God couldn't be serious about sending his creation into a burning eternal hell...well the rest of my story is just what I've told here before..but it still puzzles me to this day .... WHY IN THE NAME OF A LOVING GOD IN HEAVEN..as He is called by so many Christians...WOULD ANYONE SAY HE'S A LOVING FATHER AND IN THE SAME BREATH CONDEMN PEOPLE TO AN ETERNAL PLACE OF TORTURE AND TORMENT FOR NOT LOVING HIM IN RETURN??? But God says to love our enemies and pray for them that spitefully use us!  OH...wait...is that why parents tell their kids to "do as I say and NOT AS I DO"?? IS there an exception to the rule here? NO exceptions to God's rules, kids!! If God wants YOU to do it then HE will do it as an example to us!! Oh my! Then that means we DO NOT KILL, INJURE, OR MAIM OUR ENEMIES?? Well, God does it so it must be right! TOSS 'EM INTO HELL!! and Ray Smith says..."Oh, REALLY?"

Bunni Girl..I am so glad you are here with us!! God has given us such a sweet friend in you! He has shown us mercy and he has shown us all the truth!! We are all blessed to realize that someone out there has really pulled the wool over our eyes about God, but WE ARE NOT BLIND ANYMORE!! Thank you Bunni for sharing your insights and for helping me to remember that the 'fire of God' is not torture, but perfecting, for refining and even though it hurts...it makes us into his likeness!! Perfect Love Casts OUT Fear!  \o/ \o/ \o/
Kathy :D :-* ;)

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 01:56:52 PM »

As Ray as said no Christian has ever really focused and thought deeply on hell and all it's ramifications for even 5 minutes because the brain just shuts down.  Of course I believed as everyone else in the 'eternal hell' and accepted what I was taught as boilerplate.  The scriptures in the gospels about Jesus talking about hell sealed it.  I never understood why God would do such a thing but of course I believed in free will and all that goes along with it.  The way I resolved it in my mind was that God was God and if there was a hell then it was right as God is justified in doing what he's going to do even if I don't understand it.

It wasn't until beginning to absorb the teachings here that the scales started to fall off my eyes.  And then I also sought out other christian universalist writings to put what Ray taught to the test.  And much to my amazement the salvation of all was taught from the earliest days of the church.   Then it all began to fall into place for me.  Truly the entire world is decieved as to the nature of God and to his plan for humanity.  And as Ray says not one doctrine of the church is truly scriptural...not one.  They get the general gist of it in many ways but then mix in the pagan and unscriptural heresy to pollute even that which they do understand as obvious in the bible. 

Jesus said the truth shall make you free, yet Christians are the most bound up people in the world even though they think they are free.  I run across so many that are in so much angst and stress because they are sure that their husbands, wives and children are going to burn in hell forever because they have no desire to follow the babylonian harlots teachings.  They are consumed with getting these people 'saved' and when they do they make them twice as much the children of gehenna as they are.  What freedom and liberation in Christ to know that he will have all to be saved....eventually.  Let God be God, they will either come now or they will come later but they shall all come.  Once that weight and yoke of bondage is lifted off your spirit you feel as light as a feather.

Astrapho

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 02:43:44 PM »

Bunni, I agree completely! Hell is surely not a doctrine of peace or love!!

I've always been asking questions, long before bible-truths. If we have free will, how can God already know everything in advance? If there is a hell, why can't God stop people from going there? Furthermore, God already knows these people will go to hell! And then, I read Revelation. God, to me, was a vengeful sadistic tyrant. And I'd do well to stay on his good side. I never was able to think of Him as a God of love. I mean, all those people are going to hell! Eternal torture in fire!!

There was once where I even asked why we preach if knowledge is what makes people "eligible for hell". I still can't find a satisfactory answer.

The Oneness Pentecostals made it look like they taught the truth, hell, tongues, and all. And what a bleak "truth" it was! I never really felt free, I felt more chains, and burdens at the ends of the chains. And they tell me it was the good news, and "oh, doesn't the truth set you free?". No, it made me self-righteous, holier-than-thou, depressed, and in retrospect, disgusted.

A friend of mine was just telling me about how her classmate passed on (she was our same age...), and she was very shocked and sad. Somehow, we rolled into, "Wonder what hell mongering christians will say when they hear about it."  If I was a pentecostal, I would keep my mouth shut as I would have no words of comfort.  I'll probably be thinking about the horrors of her roasting in hell too much to feel any form of sadness.

In hindsight, I was a totally different person when I was in Babylon. I remember that I didn't want people to go to hell, and therefore I preached (read: forced my beliefs on) to as many people as I could. And I looked at others through different glasses. It's scary. Truly I was (still am) a beast!! If I could erase that whole period of time, I would!  
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 02:45:25 PM by Astrapho »

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 03:54:11 PM »

Astrapho..Do you know why you are a totally different person now than you were back then??
F-R-E-E-D-O-M!!!!!! It's amazing what a little freedom will do to a person's mind!! Some people can't take freedom! Some people thrive in freedom!
I remember when some of the people who came out of the USSR and came to America..they didn't know how to deal with freedom! So they went back to Russia where their lives were more ordered! Remember when the Hebrews left Egypt? They didn't like the freedom! They wanted to be controlled! They didn't want to have to wonder what each day would bring! even though they were slaves some of them just wanted that life back! So those whose eyes have not been opened by God..they'd rather just stay where they are, believing the way they do..what do you do with the freedom from that belief system? Whatever God directs! and if the eyes are NOT opened by God, there is really nothing you can do for them, there is only the knowing that one day they will be free..either in this age or the next! God knows! Why do some of us accept the freedom and some don't? Only God knows the answer to that! But that doesn't excuse us from telling what we know..especially if someone asks! that's how God draws us to the truth..the asking, the questions..that's how we ALL got here!! God has all the answers and when He directs us to the answer..wow!!
So don't be afraid to open your mouth when someone asks you!!  :D
Kathy ;)

cjwood

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 04:44:38 PM »

bunni,
thanks for your testimony of Truth.  i must admit that personally i don't think i ever thought about hell that much while in babylon, i guess because i just figured that if that is what my church taught, then surely it must be the truth.  BUT, i was wrong, wrong, wrong paleface.  as i have said before, God worked through my agnostic husband to bring me to the Truth about hell.  he asked me the question that would cause me to really think about a God that would send everyone to hell, even if they never had the opportunity to hear about Christ.  his question was "why would i want to believe in a God that was going to destroy millions of people in hell if they were loving, decent people who were raised in a culture that didn't teach about Jesus Christ?"  i remember my pat answer to him of "well, that is what it says in the scriptures". boy oh boy was i blind.  but, my Loving Father was working in my heart and mind, and i didn't even know it.  Praise God for His mercy and grace.  yes bunni, He will finish the work in me which He has started. 

soberxp,
i really liked the words to the song you posted. very appropriate for me personally.  thanks for posting it,

claudia

bunnylife

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 06:28:57 PM »

Thank you all for sharing your stories of testimonials. It truly blessed me.

I hear the same theme from all of you. Those of us chosen to know the truth that God was working behind the scenes in our lives. That friend that was set free from that fear was my ex-boyfriend. We were together for almost nine years. When I was attending church and he came with me and after the services he had all kinds of questions. Why do you tithe? Why if babies go to heaven why not killed them now so they don't go to hell? What about someone in Africa or some other place never heard of God, what happens to them? and many more. Answer to Africa or other place was God that will make a way. In my heart, I did believe God will make a way. The others, oh my goodness, I prayed and asked God "are you sure I am suppose to be with him?" Voice inside my head said "stay". God impressed me to stay in that relationship so I could be buffet with all this questions that brought doubt to the church doctrines. God cause me to stay with a person that constantly questioned those evil doctrines. I ask God several times again "are you sure about being with him?" Answer: "stay". I can see how God was working on my subconscious mind with all those questions as He knew when He was going to call me out of Babylon.

I thank my friend for all those questions later. He looked at me funny and said you are welcome. I know he doesn't understand the role he played in my life by God. However, I do and I thanked God.

Freedom ... oh to feel to light being drawn to the Light! It is so wonderful. Thank you all my brothers and sisters in Christ for sharing of yourselves.

soberxp thank you for your song.

God is Love and all is of Love!

In His Joy,
Bunni  :)

judith collier

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 03:02:46 AM »

May God bless your socks off Bunni! I believe your life is rather hard if I remember correctly and you're still beautiful inside and out. I don't think I have ever been that sweet. Well, God made sour too, so I have to accept and bare with myself and besides how would I know sweet if I didn't know sour.
We who lean more to the sour are always amazed by people who retain their sweetness while bearing distress. I asked my husband if he thought I was ever sweet and he said, "maybe the first few years". We have been married 46.
Even God's grace can't seem to hang around too long with me but I have "loved much" and that covers a multitude, thanks be to God. He cuts us so much slack, He knows we are little nothings but I bet He enjoys some more than others, He just says he doesn't. And that's O.K. with me as long as I am counted somewhere in it all. 
And hell, forever, people have got to be nuts. I can get pretty mean and hateful at times but even at my worst I couldn't send someone to hell forever and I am nothing. Love, judy

cjwood

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 05:01:35 AM »

May God bless your socks off Bunni!
Well, God made sour too, so I have to accept and bare with myself and besides how would I know sweet if I didn't know sour.
I asked my husband if he thought I was ever sweet and he said, "maybe the first few years". We have been married 46.

this statement cracked me up judy.   :D ;)

Even God's grace can't seem to hang around too long with me but I have "loved much" and that covers a multitude, thanks be to God.
He cuts us so much slack, He knows we are little nothings

this IS God's grace judy.  each day that we live and breath is of His grace.

but I bet He enjoys some more than others, He just says he doesn't.

mankind is a respector of persons, not our Father God.

And hell, forever, people have got to be nuts. I can get pretty mean and hateful at times but even at my worst I couldn't send someone to hell forever

amen to that!

claudia

« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 05:12:54 AM by cjwood »

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 08:54:58 AM »

Judy, Judy, Judy! You never cease to make me smile...no girl..you sometimes just crack me up! I know sour too!! ha! Well, not because I live with a big sourpuss, but because I have caught myself being a sourpuss, too!! GASP!!! :o ::) Sometimes I say something really nasty and then I think uuuuggghh...Did I just SAY that?? My nasty comes in the form of terse back talk!! Sometimes my husband is rude and you know in my sweetest voice..I just tell him to shut his big mouth!! Now I ask you how sweet is THAT?!?!

Sometimes I'd bet that God just looks at me and sighs...He probably thinks.."You were doing so well...then you opened your mouth!" God is merciful!! ;) :D
Kathy ;)

cjwood

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 06:55:29 PM »

Sometimes I'd bet that God just looks at me and sighs...He probably thinks.."You were doing so well...then you opened your mouth!" God is merciful!! ;) :D

oy ninny,
your statement above was hilarious!  :D :D :D

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 23 queries.