bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A littles enough  (Read 5474 times)

lilitalienboi16

A littles enough
« on: December 05, 2009, 03:45:33 PM »

I'm pretty sure i posted this video already but its so awsome, those of you who havn't seen it, it's worth your time!! Trust me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crdIw29Q0h0

God bless,

Alex

judith collier

Re: A littles enough
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 01:49:17 AM »

Alex, they pretty much esteemed Him as nothing didn't they!! Read The Immitation of Christ and you won't ever wonder anymore why we, walking in the footsteps of the Saviour, have trials and tribulations. Perhaps you already know this but this book really drives it home. judy

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 09:39:10 PM »

Alex, they pretty much esteemed Him as nothing didn't they!! Read The Immitation of Christ and you won't ever wonder anymore why we, walking in the footsteps of the Saviour, have trials and tribulations. Perhaps you already know this but this book really drives it home. judy

I believe those who do not walk in the footsteps of the Savior, also have trials and tribulations.

"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

G. Driggs

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 04:44:54 AM »

I believe those who do not walk in the footsteps of the Savior, also have trials and tribulations.

I don't think anyone doubts that Fester, but there is still a difference between the many called and the few chosen. The many suffer for doing evil, the few suffer for the good Jesus does through them.

1Pe 3:12  because the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are open to their request. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.
1Pe 3:13  And who will harm you if you are passionate for what is good?
1Pe 3:14  But even if you should suffer for righteousness, you are blessed. Do not fear what they fear or be disturbed,
1Pe 3:15  but set apart the Messiah as Lord in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you.
1Pe 3:16  However, do this with gentleness and respect, keeping your conscience clear, so that when you are accused, those who denounce your Christian life will be put to shame.
1Pe 3:17  For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God's will, than for doing evil.

1Pe 4:13  Instead, as you share in the sufferings of the Messiah rejoice, so that you may also rejoice with great joy at the revelation of His glory.
1Pe 4:14  If you are ridiculed for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.
1Pe 4:15  None of you, however, should suffer as a murderer, a thief, an evildoer, or as a meddler.
1Pe 4:16  But if anyone suffers as a Christian, he should not be ashamed, but should glorify God with that name.

No doubt everyone suffers, but many suffer for doing evil, while a few suffer for doing good through Christ.

G.Driggs

Vangie

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 07:35:09 AM »

Wow, thanks George D. for those scriptures.  It's like they are speaking directly to me right now--kind of been rough going lately in this journey.

Love in Christ,
Vangie

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 09:35:28 PM »

I don't think anyone doubts that Fester, but there is still a difference between the many called and the few chosen. The many suffer for doing evil, the few suffer for the good Jesus does through them.

1Pe 3:12  because the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are open to their request. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.
1Pe 3:13  And who will harm you if you are passionate for what is good?
1Pe 3:14  But even if you should suffer for righteousness, you are blessed. Do not fear what they fear or be disturbed,
1Pe 3:15  but set apart the Messiah as Lord in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you.
1Pe 3:16  However, do this with gentleness and respect, keeping your conscience clear, so that when you are accused, those who denounce your Christian life will be put to shame.
1Pe 3:17  For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God's will, than for doing evil.

1Pe 4:13  Instead, as you share in the sufferings of the Messiah rejoice, so that you may also rejoice with great joy at the revelation of His glory.
1Pe 4:14  If you are ridiculed for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.
1Pe 4:15  None of you, however, should suffer as a murderer, a thief, an evildoer, or as a meddler.
1Pe 4:16  But if anyone suffers as a Christian, he should not be ashamed, but should glorify God with that name.

No doubt everyone suffers, but many suffer for doing evil, while a few suffer for doing good through Christ.

G.Driggs

I never commented on the "many called and the few chosen".  I do agree with you that there are great differences there.  But that is another topic.

However, 'suffering' is something we all experience.  Whether we experience it for our inaction's, our evil actions, or our good actions, the final result is the same.  Suffering is suffering, and no matter the cause it is a necessary experience for all mankind.  

As I said in my original comment; "I believe those who do not walk in the footsteps of the Savior, also have trials and tribulations."  Let's not be too into ourselves and wallow towards self pity.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 10:06:38 PM by Fester »
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.