bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Son of perdition revealed by Satan ?  (Read 5182 times)

gallenwalsh

Son of perdition revealed by Satan ?
« on: December 06, 2009, 07:47:59 AM »

I believe I have the quote correct, but correct me if I'm wrong. The son of perdition shall be revealed by Satan. Why revealed by Satan and not God? I know I'm going to hear:  "all is of God." and I believe that , But why specifically : " Revealed by Satan". What will happen to cause Satan to reveal this to you ? And what does it mean that when you see the abomination that makes desolate standing where it ought not declaring it self to be God mean. I know we are the abomination that makes desolate, it's the declaring itself to be God  part I'm a little confused about.I don't think people literally think they are God, that is, most people anyway .I think most people are really inferior feeling people deep inside themselves.Even the obviously arrogant ones seem to be covering up deep feelings of inferiority and are trying to cover them with pride.Most people are empty I think.

soberxp

Re: Son of perdition revealed by Satan ?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 09:01:55 AM »

Version:  kjv
John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Son of perdition revealed by Satan ?    Son of perdition revealed by Jesus.

who's Son of perdition ?
1.Judas   2.I dont know  3.I dont know  ;D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 09:24:17 AM by soberxp »

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 09:38:20 AM »

The Lake of Fire - Part XIV The Beast Within
Greg, If you'll go and read this very carefully I think you'll see that it is our being able to see who and what we are that reveals to us the son of perdition..It is God who reveals to us who we are..satan's role in the whole matter is to urge us on toward our own desires and to "destroy the flesh" he sets us up, I believe for that falling away..satan wants us to believe in our hearts that we can do whatever we want by our free will this is what makes us gods in our own eyes! Not that we are so prideful, which we ARE! But because we want to THINK that we do what WE want..People don't just say "I'm God!" nope..it's kind of subtle..we just feel like we're able to think independently of God..and you know it's not even really a conscious thought it's an attitude!

So you're right that you will hear "it's all of God" because satan does what he was created to do and that is to prod us to go against what God tells us to do..that sounds strange that God would not only allow that but HE PLANNED IT!! That's just the way I see it from studying everything on Bible-Truths! Don't just take my word for it , though! Keep reading, buddy! :D It takes awhile to absorb it..I think one of the things it's hardest for me to grasp is that I? ME? I am the son of perdition? I am my own worst enemy?? I am the one who turned MY back on God and fell away?? You mean it wasn't that "the devil made me do it"? He encouraged me all the way, but guess what?? If GOD didn't make me do it...then WHO else has the power to MAKE me do anything?? We WILL do what God requires of us..GOD is the one and only one who can reveal ANYTHING to anyone!! Well in the end..I'd rather have God reveal the truth to me because satan is a liar and the father of it!!! :o could we believe anything HE would tell us?!

I may be wrong in all of this, so like I said ..better go search it out for yourself! :D
See, I didn't even give you scriptures..someone will come along and show you just where to find it...It's all there like a buried treasure..you just have to buy that field and dig it up!  ;)
Kathy ;)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 01:26:37 PM by Ninny »

Phil3:10

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 08:57:20 PM »

gallenwalsh,
   I have always felt "the son of perdition" to be a person or perhaps and institution. Paul refers to that man of sin being revealed, the son of perdition when the day of CHRIST is at hand. I have always felt the end could not come until the revelation of this person or institution happens. In II Thessalonians Chapter 2 Paul points out quite vividly in verse 7 through
17 that GOD will consume that Wicked person or institution with the spirit of HIS mouth and shall destroy with the brightness of HIS coming. I have always felt this would be a very evil person or institution (Babylonian church system)who opposes and exalts himself above all that is of GOD. This person or institution claims to be God and our GOD shall send them strong delusion, that they shall believe a lie. However, for those GOD has chosen HE gives eonian consolation and good hope through grace.
   I do feel that as the end times prophecy is fulfilled such a person referred to as a he (anti-christ) will appear or that the institution (Roman Catholic Church) with all power and signs and lying wonders will be destroyed. I know that I am always picking on the Roman church but I do personally feel it to be one of the most damaging things to the cause of our LORD.  Again, I feel that all the churches of Babylon are little sisters to the Roman institution.
   I am probably wrong, but this is the way I see the elect of GOD, many called but few chosen. The carnal world is running wild, but the elect are not of this world and their rewards will be with our LORD JESUS CHRIST once this man of perdition is destroyed. This is only my opinion and I would like very much to hear others.

In HIM,

Kat

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 10:24:29 PM »

In his article 'The Beast Within' Ray speaks a good bit about "the son of perdition."  Here are a few excerpts from that article.

http://bible-truths.com/lake14.html ----------------------

The beast, the man of sin, and the son of perdition are all one and the same:
v
v
We all fit this description of "the man of sin, the son of perdition" of which Paul speaks. And when Paul tells us where this man of sin and son of perdition" resides, he removes all doubt of whom he is speaking.
v
v
Let no man deceive YOU by any means: for that day shall not come [TO YOU…] except there come a FALLING AWAY FIRST [BY YOU…], and the man of sin be revealed the son of perdition [IN YOU…TO YOU…]; Who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped [IN YOU…]; so that he as God sits in the temple of God [‘which temple YE ARE’ II Cor. 6:16] showing himself that HE IS [YOU ARE / I AM] a god. (2Thes. 2:3)

Remember ye not, that when I was yet with YOU, I told YOU these things?

And now ye know what withholds [is restraining, is detaining—‘the falling away FIRST’] that he [‘the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition’—YOU…] might be revealed in his time [in YOU and TO YOU—individually, not collectively] in his time. (iiThes. 2:6) [‘his {particular} time’]—FOR YOU and FOR ME and for ALL BELIEVERS IN ALL GENERATIONS UNTIL JESUS COMES TO US ALL, COLLECTIVELY, AS THE MANIFEST SONS OF GOD.

Long before Jesus can have a COMPANY of manifest SONS and DAUGHTERS of God, there has to be individual begettals by the Holy Spirit of God in chosen individuals in every generation leading up to the coming of the Lord at the end of this age.

"For the mystery [secret, hidden truth] of iniquity [lawlessness] does already work [‘is inwardly working’ The Emphasized New Testament: A New Translation (J. B. Rotherham)]: only he who now lets will let [‘only he who restrains will do so’], until he be taken out of the way.

And then shall that Wicked [Lawless One] be revealed IN [IN YOU] and TO YOU, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit [breath] of His mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming;

Even him [not original], whose coming [the man of sin called son of perdition IN YOU] is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders" (II Thes. 2:1-9).
v
v
But how many earthlings might be deceived by this man of sin were he to hide in the hearts and minds of men in a way that they themselves would be completely at home with this man of sin, the son of perdition? How many? ALL OF THEM—EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM (including ME)! I have been completely deceived by this man of sin in MY LIFE, for MOST of my life! But NO MORE!
v
v
The man of sin/son of perdition is UNIVERSAL and found in ALL MANKIND. THAT is how Satan deceives THE WHOLE WORLD (Rev. 12:9).

Men are looking for the BEAST (the man of sin/son of perdition) OUT THERE somewhere, when all the while he has been present INSIDE OF US ALL!
v
THE PARENTHETICAL STATEMENT IS FOR BELIEVERS ONLY

(whom [the beastly man of sin/son of perdition] the LORD shall consume with the spirit of His mouth [IN US—WE, believers and lovers of the Truth], and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming (IIThes. 2:08) [IN US, making His presence known IN US, destroying the beastly man of sin/son of perdition IN US, making the ‘Day of the Lord to be at hand’ FOR US, and IN US] )!  Let’s read it:

"But WE [Paul and believers. NOT ‘them’ and ‘they,’ but ‘WE’—‘Lovers of the Truth’] are bound to give thanks always to God for YOU, brethren beloved in the Lord, because God has from the beginning CHOSEN you [called AND CHOSEN you] to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the Truth: Whereunto He called you by our gospel, to the OBTAINING of the GLORY [‘That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be GLORIFIED IN YOU’ Chapter 1:12] of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle. Now our lord Jesus Christ Himself, and God, even our Father, which has loved us, and has given us everlasting [eonian] consolation and good hope through grace, Comfort your hearts, and establish you in every good word and work" (IIThes. 2:13-17).
----------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 10:45:00 PM by Kat »

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 01:49:30 AM »

Kat,
Thank you very much for supplying me with Ray's understanding. I agree the beast, the man of sin and the son of perdition are one and the same and that we all fit this description.
All of mankind is deceived but there is greater hope for the elect. However, I do believe the Babylonian denominational, organized, institutional system plays a great role in this deception. GOD uses Satan to achieve HIS purposes and I think HE does it this way so all may eventually see HIS great love for all of mankind.  The happy ending is that JESUS will be glorified.
In HIM,

gallenwalsh

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 09:20:56 PM »

Thanks Guy's !!! Man you are on fire !!!!

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 02:56:22 AM »

Hi Phil3:10 & gallenwalsh,

Scripture has already long ago shown who is the beast, but it is hidden by bad translations or bad scholarship on the part of theologians & preachers all over the world. And YES; It Is All Of GOD, because us beasts have to learn this very important product of Living this life of evil.

Gen 1:26 And saying is the Elohim, "Make will We humanity in Our image, and according to Our likeness, and sway shall they over the fish of the sea, and over the flyer of the heavens, and over the beast, and over all land life, and over every moving animal moving on the land.

Gen 1:27 And creating is the Elohim humanity in His image. In the image of the Elohim He creates it. Male and female He creates them.

Ecc 1:7 All the watercourses are flowing to the sea, Yet there is no filling of the sea; To the place from which the watercourses are flowing, There they return to go forth again."

Ecc 1:10 Is there anything of which one may say:See this, it is new? It has already occurred In eons that were before us?

Ecc 1:13 I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens:it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has a mind calculate the number of the wild beast, for it is the number of mankind, and its number is six hundred sixty-six."

george. :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.