bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 Corinthians 6:15 what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?  (Read 6499 times)

soberxp

2 Corinthians 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

what if my Parents are not a believer, what if my friends are not a believer,and so on?I'm a litttle Confused about what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 02:59:48 AM by soberxp »

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Re: 2 Corinthians 6:15 what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 10:38:43 AM »

Hey soberxp,

2Co 6:14  Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Co 6:15  And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16  And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17  Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18  And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

What part?
What fellowship?
What agreement?
All of those are the same.
Be separate.

Also here is an email response from Ray:
http://bible-truths.com/email9.htm#yoked

You should read the paper: Different Loves too!
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3719.0.html

Hope this helps
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

soberxp

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 11:52:53 AM »

'Well, how are you suppose to love your neighbor?'  As yourself!  You put yourself in the equation.
----------quote from ray

yes,I agree with ray,but I myself ,agape my God, with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and might.and I hope my Parents ,my friends ,and so on also do this.so I am linked with my Parents ,my friends ,and so on . 

thx Antaiwan.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 12:03:25 PM »

Hi soberxp,

Here is an excerpt from the article 'Unequally Yoked.'

http://bible-truths.com/yoked.htm -------------------

First, let's read the entire Scripture:

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? Or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? For ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, says the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive, and will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty" (II Cor. 6:14-18).

The phrase "unequally yoked together" is the translation of just one Greek word, heterozugeo, which is a compound word that means, "to yoke up differently; to associate discordantly; unequally yoke together." It is used but this one time in the Bible.

The word "yoke" means a coupling as when two oxen are coupled or yoked together by a pulling beam to do work such as plowing a field or pulling a wagon.

And so Paul is telling the Corinthians congregation which was steeped in paganism and their cities peppered with pagan temples, that they should not be "unequally" yoked with those that practiced paganism or any works of darkness. They were to avoid: "unbelievers, unrighteousness, darkness, Belial, infidels, and idols." There it is. That's the list Paul gave them, exactly as we read above.
v
v
We do not need to totally avoid unbelievers, but we are not to become unequally "yoked" to them either. Paul permitted a certain amount of socializing with unbelievers:

1Co 10:27 If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake.

Probably most of us have some relative in our family that is not a believer, but with whom we could have certain social intercourse with.

For sure Paul is not forbidding interaction with "The many called and the few chosen." However, even there, we should not become unequally YOKED with them, or how can we say we came out of her as God's people (Rev. 18:4).

I have personally seen marriages between a believer and a non-believer that were more loving and equally yoked than some marriages between two believers. So we need to pay close attention to ALL the words of these profound Scriptures.

We can advise and try to help people see different aspects of a situation. We can relay our own personal knowledge of such things. But we should not get involved in being overly righteous in these matters lest we be guilty of "forbidding to marry" (I Tim. 4:3), which is a doctrine of demons (Verse 1).

The key is becoming "unequally yoked." And that can mean marriage, but it can also mean which church one attends; of which clubs one is a member; which establishments one goes to for entertainment; which TV shows become a regular habit; with whom one becomes business partners; Etc.

Never become unequally yoked with anyone, and always avoid: "unrighteousness, darkness, Belial [an epithet of Satan], infidels, and idols."
--------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 01:16:22 PM »

'Well, how are you suppose to love your neighbor?'  As yourself!  You put yourself in the equation.
----------quote from ray

yes,I agree with ray,but I myself ,agape my God, with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and might.and I hope my Parents ,my friends ,and so on also do this.so I am linked with my Parents ,my friends ,and so on . 

thx Antaiwan.

I not sure I know what you mean when you say linked?? agape love???
Agape - one way street
Phileo - two way street

If your parents, friends, and so on are unbelievers then in respect of your beliefs what do you have in common with them?
Other than mere social interaction how far or deep does your relationships go??
What do you expect from them??
What do you expect an unbeliever to to believe??

Hope this helps
Antaiwan

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

soberxp

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 04:31:07 PM »

thank you  Kat

BUT I still think "Christ with Belial" and "believeth with an infidel" there has a lot differenc,we should Make a clear difference between "Christ with Belial" and "believeth with an infidel".

THX Antaiwan

I not sure I know what you mean when you say linked?? agape love???
Antaiwan

relate to , correlate to,
1.feeling
2.sentiment
3.affection
4.emotion
5.emotional

Other than mere social interaction how far or deep does your relationships go??
What do you expect from them??
What do you expect an unbeliever to to believe??

Antaiwan

Be saved by Christ

« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 04:39:18 PM by soberxp »

Kat

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 05:26:49 PM »

Hi soberxp,

BUT I still think "Christ with Belial" and "believeth with an infidel" there has a lot differenc,we should Make a clear difference between "Christ with Belial" and "believeth with an infidel".

2Co 6:14  Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
v. 15  And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?

The word fellowship/accord means - agreement between persons; union in opinions, sentiments, views or interests; peace; harmony.

So what Paul is implying is Christ has no more fellowship with Belial than light has with darkness or righteousness with lawlessness.  In the same way we are to be like Christ and not to have fellowship/accord/union with an unbeliever/infidel.

1Co 15:33  Do not be deceived: "Evil company corrupts good habits."
v. 34  Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame.

Now where your parents are concerned, you must give them due respect.  But it is only for your own good that you carefully pick and choose who you socialize with.  Living a life for Christ is very serious business, we must actually die to self.

Gal 2:20  I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Rom 14:8  For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 10:35:35 AM by Kat »

soberxp

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 06:04:16 PM »

yeah,I can understand better now. thx a lot Kat

Belial/satan can not become Christ,but can we change an unbeliever/infidel into believeth?I thought the answer is yes,is it still unequally yoked together with unbelievers?some kind of Rays sense of humor. ;D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 06:29:54 PM by soberxp »

judith collier

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 03:19:41 AM »

Soberxp, we all live close or next door or have affection with unbelievers but we don't for one minute agree with their beliefs. And only God can make a believer out of an unbeliever. Have you read about "the foolishness of preaching"?
My husband is an atheist (he used to believe but it was more on the level of God being Santa Claus.) Now should I leave him because of that? NO!!!! In fact, it makes me have more compassion for him. I like many people of other religions but I don't worship with them. Some people are so easy to love.
You will become a monk if you separate from all of the unbelievers, there are so many now-a-days. But never forget they watch you and your responses. Remember we are to love even our persecuters. That's a tough one.
Don't worry so much, just tell God and watch Him use you to love them. Judy

Brett

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 12:21:41 AM »

Soberxp, we all live close or next door or have affection with unbelievers but we don't for one minute agree with their beliefs. And only God can make a believer out of an unbeliever. Have you read about "the foolishness of preaching"?
My husband is an atheist (he used to believe but it was more on the level of God being Santa Claus.) Now should I leave him because of that? NO!!!! In fact, it makes me have more compassion for him. I like many people of other religions but I don't worship with them. Some people are so easy to love.
You will become a monk if you separate from all of the unbelievers, there are so many now-a-days. But never forget they watch you and your responses. Remember we are to love even our persecuters. That's a tough one.
Don't worry so much, just tell God and watch Him use you to love them. Judy

Very good, Judy!

My friends (christian church-christendom) reject me as friends unless I agreed their faith, i.e., hell, free will, etc. I cannot become agreed with their faith. That is hurt me that they don't accept me as who I am. Even I do accept who they are and their faith and I don't mind to be 'friends' with them but they refuse accept me as friend unless I agree their faiths. But I have only one friend who believes hell, free will, etc. but he accept who I am and what I believe. He doesn't agree my faith and I don't agree his faith BUT we do 'friend', like good buddy, chatting, helping each other, and anything but no argue about faith. He accept me who I am and my faith and I accept him of who he is and his faith, we become good friend. He can watch me what my faith is like (attitude, character, reputation, Christlike) and maybe he wants to know what my faith is, if not, we are still friend because we accept each other regardless. I don't have anyone one (friend) who has faith like mine. No one I know of. So I have one friend who is different faith. He does not preach me of his faith and I don't preach him of my faith. That's it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.