bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Luke,Matthew,and the virgin birth  (Read 24978 times)

eutychus

Luke,Matthew,and the virgin birth
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 05:45:18 PM »

Quote from: longhorn
That's what Im hoping for every day, is to edit out who I was before. :)

Longhorn

BEAUTIFULL :P

i love it!!!

shibboleth

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 05:50:23 PM »

Maybe I'm missing something, but this is what my Bible says:

Matthew 1:18-20 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When  as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, BEFORE THEY CAME TOGETHER, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily. But when he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife; for that which is conceived in her IS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

A woman giving birth isn't unusual in any way. But a virgin giving birth is unusual. Otherwise, why did god put such a detailed description of all the events surrounding Jesus birth.

I would have to call Mary, Joseph and God liars if I didn't believe in Jesus virgin birth. The scriptures are plain enough for me.

Daniel

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 05:51:20 PM »

AMEN LONGHORN!!! With Euty on that "Beautiful".

Peace

Daniel

alchemist

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2006, 05:51:56 PM »

Quote from: Falconn003
alchemist

I was reading threads when i came upon this one and put on the brakes when i got to this you stated

alchemist
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying throw out these gospels just well...one false scripture can do more harm than a true one.

Any and all scripture/s does harm according to your wisdom and intelect.

Ok then What GOOD???? in any of this are you, vainly trying to share with my brothers and sisters here, who fellowship on these harming scriptures as you put it.

" thinking themselves wise they are....."

Rodger

Sorry I missed that and wrote it wrong I'll go correct it.

mercie

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2006, 05:53:16 PM »

Quote from: shibboleth
Maybe I'm missing something, but this is what my Bible says:

Matthew 1:18-20 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When  as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, BEFORE THEY CAME TOGETHER, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily. But when he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife; for that which is conceived in her IS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

A woman giving birth isn't unusual in any way. But a virgin giving birth is unusual. Otherwise, why did god put such a detailed description of all the events surrounding Jesus birth.

I would have to call Mary, Joseph and God liars if I didn't believe in Jesus virgin birth. The scriptures are plain enough for me.

The scriptures are plain enough for those in Christendom to see, does that make them Right ?

Just a Thought to Ponder om Maybe?

alchemist

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2006, 05:58:24 PM »

Quote from: hillsbororiver
For the record my Rotherham's has Isaiah 62:5 as;

For a young man marrieth a virgin, thy sons marry thee! And the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride
Thy God rejoiceth over thee.

So does the E-sword KJV;

Isa 62:5  For as a young man marrieth a virgin1330, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.

H1330
בּתוּלה
bethûlâh
beth-oo-law'
Feminine passive participle of an unused root meaning to separate; a virgin (from her privacy); sometimes (by continuation) a bride; also (figuratively) a city or state: - maid, virgin.

there's no problem with this verse it does say virgin it's Isa.7:14 that's the problem.

longhorn

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 06:13:40 PM »

Philippians 3: 12-16 were and still are one of my favorite passage of scripture when my journey out of Babylon began.  May Christ ALWAYS be closer than a brother.

Everyone have a GREAT day in Christ.

Longhorn  :)

eutychus

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006, 06:15:23 PM »

Quote from: longhorn
Philippians 3: 12-16 were and still are one of my favorite passage of scripture when my journey out of Babylon began.  May Christ ALWAYS be closer than a brother.

Everyone have a GREAT day in Christ.

Longhorn  :)

12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
 15All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 16Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

YellowStone

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2006, 06:15:36 PM »

Hi All,

Here is another twist in regard to the virgin birth.
    Jhn 7:42 Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?

Rom 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;[/list:u]If Joseph was not the biological father of the earth-bound Jesus, then Jesus could not be of the seed of David, and the lineage as portrayed in Luke 3:23-31 could not be true; the "as supposed" not withstanding.

Many believe instead in an inmaculate conception rather than simply Joseph being a non-enity. I am not or ever have been cathlic, but I found a very interesting article on this very subject. It is here in part:
      It’s important to understand what the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception is and what it is not. Some people think the term refers to Christ’s conception in Mary’s womb without the intervention of a human father; but that is the Virgin Birth. Others think the Immaculate Conception means Mary was conceived "by the power of the Holy Spirit," in the way Jesus was, but that, too, is incorrect. The Immaculate Conception means that Mary, whose conception was brought about the normal way, was conceived without original sin or its stain—that’s what "immaculate" means: without stain. The essence of original sin consists in the deprivation of sanctifying grace, and its stain is a corrupt nature. Mary was preserved from these defects by God’s grace; from the first instant of her existence she was in the state of sanctifying grace and was free from the corrupt nature original sin brings.

When discussing the Immaculate Conception, an implicit reference may be found in the angel’s greeting to Mary. The angel Gabriel said, "Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you" (Luke 1:28). The phrase "full of grace" is a translation of the Greek word kecharitomene. It therefore expresses a characteristic quality of Mary.

The traditional translation, "full of grace," is better than the one found in many recent versions of the New Testament, which give something along the lines of "highly favored daughter." Mary was indeed a highly favored daughter of God, but the Greek implies more than that (and it never mentions the word for "daughter"). The grace given to Mary is at once permanent and of a unique kind. Kecharitomene is a perfect passive participle of charitoo, meaning "to fill or endow with grace." Since this term is in the perfect tense, it indicates that Mary was graced in the past but with continuing effects in the present. So, the grace Mary enjoyed was not a result of the angel’s visit. In fact, Catholics hold, it extended over the whole of her life, from conception onward. She was in a state of sanctifying grace from the first moment of her existence. [/list:u]The entire article can be found here:
http://www.catholic.com/library/Immaculate_Conception_and_Assum.aspThis by no means changes scripture, infact it supports scripture in the sense that virgin birth seems to be a man made doctrine.

God is the revealer of all truths: Alchemist, I think you are on to something. :)

YellowStone

hillsbororiver

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006, 06:16:56 PM »

Rotherham;

Wherefore let my Lord Himself give you a sign,
Lo! a Virgin, being with child and giving birth to a son
thou wilt call his name Immanuel.

Rotherham's sidenote to the root Hebrew word translated virgin in this verse;

"It is true that the Hebrew word here is almah and not bethula; but an examination of all the occurrences of the former shows it is synonymous with the latter and properly means virgin"

Isa 7:14  Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin5959 shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

H5959
עלמה
‛almâh
al-maw'
Feminine of H5958; a lass (as veiled or private): - damsel, maid, virgin.

alchemist

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2006, 06:21:13 PM »

Rotherham;

Wherefore let my Lord Himself give you a sign,
Lo! a Virgin, being with child and giving birth to a son
thou wilt call his name Immanuel.

Rotherham's sidenote to the root Hebrew word translated virgin in this verse;

"It is true that the Hebrew word here is almah and not bethula; but an examination of all the occurrences of the former shows it is synonymous with the latter and properly means virgin"

Isa 7:14  Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin5959 shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

H5959
עלמה
‛almâh
al-maw'
Feminine of H5958; a lass (as veiled or private): - damsel, maid, virgin.

Did you read my previous post or do you need more than that?It's all about how the word is used.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2006, 06:29:13 PM »

Yellowstone please tell me,

So then what was the sign promised by God, a non virgin woman gets pregnant?

What does not knowing a man represent? having blindfolded sex?

Mat 1:18  Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

I guess we can take our black Sharpie and blot out this verse as well.

Too much Da Vinci code goin' on arounda he're (done in the voice of Fog Horn Leghorn)

Sorry if I seem testy it has been another one of those days, time to sign off.

Take care,

Joe

alchemist

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2006, 06:36:05 PM »

Mat 1:18  Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Too much Da Vinci code goin' on arounda he're (done in the voice of Fog Horn Leghorn)

Take care,

Joe

I'm sorry joe but maybe you need to understand what I'm saying is that (EDITED:(both)) gospel of luke&matthew are corrupt and not inspired by god.There's no doubt it has some truth in it but this applies to practicly everything.The truth is I been looking everywhere for everything and to me this is just a small topic compared to the others.

I'm probily going to get a lot of responses for saying that.

YellowStone

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2006, 06:43:42 PM »

Take care,

Joe

No offense taken Joe :) Heck, all I was trying to prove is the futility of trying to nit-pick Scripture. I cannot fault the Scripture you quote, and neither can I explain Luke 3:23. My question is to you and anyone else who cares: What does it matter? Is this strengthing faith or weaking faith? The promise still holds true, what else matters apart from:
    Mar 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this
[is] the first commandment.

Mar 12:31 And the second [is] like, [namely] this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.[/list:u]

Thanks Joe, enough said.

YellowStone

alchemist

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2006, 07:29:24 PM »

To everyone posting on this thread,I'm critcizing Matthew&Luke so can you not use verses from them to prove them true?

And Yellowstone,very well put.

Daniel

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2006, 07:32:28 PM »

What are you criticizing? I'm missing this altogether?

Peace

Daniel

longhorn

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2006, 07:47:27 PM »

To imply that the ENTIRE gospel of Matthew and Luke are "CORRUPT" is a fairly BOLD statement to say the least...

Longhorn

gmik

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2006, 07:48:33 PM »

alchemist   why don't you tell us where you get your information that Matt etc aren't the inspired word of God??

Also, what is your byline saying?

I get the feeling you are stringing us along, playing with us as it were.

gmik

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2006, 07:49:12 PM »

thanks longhorn

alchemist

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2006, 07:52:22 PM »

Quote from: Daniel
What are you criticizing? I'm missing this altogether?

Peace

Daniel

Lets explain.Matthew & Luke are two gospel that have many problems to me.All four gospels are read in the bible everyday assumed just becuase it's in there it must be true, even though it was assembled by the same church leaders whose beliefs many now refute(there are other books I criticize to but right now it's all on MATT&LUKE).Now I'm also presenting the virgin birth in this as well becuase this is something they corrispond on.You can say that there are some spiritual and meaningful verses and probly verses that actualy qoute what jesus said,but so does the gospel of thomas and we don't use that just becuase of it's begining.And that's what I'm saying.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.