bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WHY?? We Need to Find the REASON!!  (Read 4609 times)

Ninny

WHY?? We Need to Find the REASON!!
« on: December 06, 2009, 08:16:04 PM »

This may not mean much to some people and that's ok...BUT Why is it that there are thousands of people and many of them children diagnosed with brain tumors every year!! We hear of at least a few each week who are newly diagnosed!!!!! The ones we are hearing about are children between 6 mos and 6 years old! What do we know that can cause this??

the North American Brain Tumor Coalition has a website if anyone is interested in seeing the statistics..
http://www.nabraintumor.org/facts.html

You never know about these things unless they affect you in some way..I didn't know so much about it until my little munchkin was diagnosed last year... We know all is in God's control, but it surely seems like there are way too many children and adults suffering with this and most of you have walked through this with me right here on this forum and I have been so lifted up and strengthened by all of you...I feel so helpless for these families whose lives are forever changed by those two words "brain tumor"..Our diagnosis was "benign" but so many are not..it's just heart rending and tragic..You have followed Hannah Grace Harrison and Elijah Seritt here with me for this whole last year and they are two whose diagnosis was "cancer" and more have not won their fight.. and yet these brave little ones fight on! I have names of child after child who were diagnosed since Grayson and Elijah and Hannah Grace..We pray for God's mercy and favor over these babies and their families...

I just can't tell you of the times I have looked at Grayson and when he stumbles and when he coughs and when he looks at me and his eye crosses, it brings an instant stab of fear to my heart..and I have to pray against the fear! He still breathes funny sometimes at night, but that is better..the dr. said that may be permanent because of the removal of the tumor..there are lasting effects that prayerfully will lessen with time..but when he leans his little head to one side we have to pray that God is protecting his brain..that was the first symptom he had..I don't mean to go on, but there are days when the reality comes home that God is so merciful to us...Grayson is so very normal in so many ways and then when we remember that he has something in his brain that isn't supposed to be there..it's hard..he will have to take anti-seizure drugs for a couple of years because of the small seizures he had..there are just subtle reminders of what was there...the dr says he may only have some scar tissue left but even that causes trouble..So please I'm asking you if you feel so inclined or led to pray that someday there will be no more tumors..we know that the age is coming when all will be made right, but for the present there is so much pain.... :'(
Thank you for letting me cry to you once more! I'm glad I have many more fun and silly days than the painful, tearful ones..God has given me a light heart all in all, but you know there are just moments when you stop and say, "Thank you God for loving us so much and giving us so many blessings!"
You all are my sweet prayer partners and I will always love you! :)!
Kathy :D :D :-*

soberxp

Re: WHY?? We Need to Find the REASON!!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 08:32:57 PM »

PC , TV , PHONE , ETC   any Machine which Can cause radiation
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 02:59:54 AM by soberxp »

Phil3:10

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 02:06:54 AM »

Kathy,
My thoughts and prayers go out to you as well as my heart felt sympathy for all the little ones who suffer. Of course, all of their loved ones hurt for them.  I don't question GOD but I have never had to feel what you and others with sick little ones have experienced. I have grand daughter's, 6 and 10 years old,  and my earnest prayer is that GOD will protect and defend them form all sickness and the evils of this world. I, like you, continue to thank GOD for all HIS blessings and know only that all is of GOD. I can find rest and peace only in HIM.
In HIM,
Phil3:10

judith collier

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 02:48:12 AM »

Kathy, I still go to the Caring Bridge site every time Grayson's name is mentioned. I really do know how it feels when a grandchild has problems. From all I have read Grayson sounds like he is doing pretty good but then you notice things we can't see. You probably feel a 100 times worse than he does.  But the future holds so much for all of us as far as new procedures, medicines, tests, etc. 
Remember when you were pregnant how there were so many more pregnant women than you had ever seen before. You are right in the middle of the storm.
My 17 yr. old deaf grandson was telling people at school he was going to commit suicide so the school called my daughter. His father has always STRESSED education. This kid has been mainstreamed and is in the core 40 program. When Christian comes here he tells me things he would never tell his father but " I  DO "  and his father is always aloof when I speak about it. So finally maybe he will listen. Christian is also borderline autistic but don't ever mention that to his father.
I firmly believe with all my heart that our prayers avail much and give us a great love for these children. Compassion can be a very sad burden for us but it brings us to our knees in prayer. And God loves them more than we do which is hard to believe.
I pray with all my heart that Grayson will not have any residual effects that will hinder him from a great life. I also know you will find it in your heart to offer a prayer for my Christian.
Love, judy

Roy Martin

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 08:20:42 AM »

My dear friend Kathy, I can't convey my thoughts as to why this is happening to children, but my heart goes out to you and others.
 It seems at times that we could put a stop to whats happening to these children.
I have done a lot of research in this matter and the findings are something I can't talk about on the forum. I can easily get a hardened heart if I dwell on it too much.
 You and Grayson are in my prayers.

Roy

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 10:59:59 AM »

There are way to many environmental toxins that we have to deal with and were never designed to deal with.  Ray touched on some of these things and Dr. Steger amplified on these issues in his talk during the conference.  Not the least of these things are the plethra of vaccines kids are injected with and the mercury based preservatives many are laced with, ect.  Dr. Steger addressed some of these issues in his book.  The bigger question of 'why' of course is that all is of God.  Why one child suffers while another one is healthy is a question that is far bigger than my human reasoning.  God has a reason and a purpose and one day we will know exactly why these things occur.  Until then I think we need to learn about these health and nutrition things and maintain our temples the best we can with the knowledge we've been armed with.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 12:10:28 PM »

Dear Kathy
If I look around  at the state of the world and the pain that some people are suffering, I want to simply stop breathing for the heart ache. We are so helpless to help ourselves.
I was recently put through an experience where I can most sincerely say that I think I have shared part of what happened to King Nebuchadnezzar when he lost his kingdom and sanity. My pain was so intense my mind became like a sieve and my entire inner being changed gear. My ordeal is still not over. I am in a hiatus till next mid-next year regarding this particular circumstance appointed me to suffer, endure and God willing overcome.
The prayers that carried the most healing words of encouragement I was blessed to receive during my suffering, were prayers that said.  ……will continue to pray for your strength and endurance…..may the Lord continue to strengthen you through this ordeaI……The reason these words were so healing was that they showed a reverence and witness to God in the fire of my baptism of pain and anguish. The real blessing and healing assurance revealed the prayerful, sensitive recognition that it is God and His Spirit that alone is the One causing His strength to emerge through our weakness and hope to dawn in the circumstances God authors us to experience through our darkest grief, pain and deep sorrow of despair. 
We can make a difference to someone else’s experience of pain. We can bring a word of comfort and encouragement and support to even the most difficult of ordeals. By contrast the Babylonian Church will try to pray away the circumstances while those who know God will pray that He continue to strengthen us THROUGH THEM.
God is authoring our experiences great and small. It is the big nasty experiences where God is causing some of us, NOT MANY, to overcome.  The way God makes us into His image is not easy or comfortable but it is Gods way to cause us to know what He knows and feel what He Himself feels. Ray expounds that God would not put anyone through anything that He Himself has not experienced and overcome. God has overcome the world. We are still in the making….

Arc

judith collier

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 08:06:48 PM »

Arc, I will pray for you just the way you want. Whatever it is sounds horrid. Knowing what I do of you and prayers for you from all of us I believe you will receivce exactly what you want.
Love, Judy

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 08:56:21 PM »

If I look around  at the state of the world and the pain that some people are suffering, I want to simply stop breathing for the  heart ache.
    We can make a difference to someone else’s experience of pain. We can bring a word of comfort and encouragement and support to even the most difficult of ordeals.
    By contrast the Babylonian Church will try to pray away the circumstances while those who know God will pray that He continue to strengthen us THROUGH THEM.

amen arc, amen! 

claudia

Ninny

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 10:01:52 PM »

The best thing of all around here is knowing that we pray for each other..Judy you have been in my prayers for a long time and your grandson, too! and Deb, you have been in all of our prayers! We know we have each other here and that is so comforting! Love is what drives us here! The love we know that God has for us and the love that we have for each other! When I went to the conference I was thinking what a special family we are...as I met everyone for the first time I knew that these people would always be a part of me..I appreciate the prayers and the time that you guys have taken out of your day to say for me and my family! I have many dear friends here on this forum and I wouldn't trade any of you for a big pot of gold! Roy, I appreciate you because your family has been touched by a brain tumor and Judy, you know the pain of an illness that just is there...and Arion and Phil..we pray together and we love each other and be there for each other through all of it! Thank you guys, very much! And yes, Judy and Claudia I can't even post about the children anymore for that reason..you really just look at everything and want to "stop breathing for the heartache" it is so true...so true...
Kathy :-* :-*
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.