bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For you always have the poor with you  (Read 5427 times)

emkayfey

For you always have the poor with you
« on: December 08, 2009, 07:12:12 PM »

Hi all again, t'was really nice meeting up / seeing so many bible truthers (  :)) at the conference, I came to realise that there are many more people who are part of this community but don't just post... great to know.

Here I've got this question which I was about to post many months ago but then suddenly felt I'd grasped the answer, now it doesn't seem so again.

And the question? well, I am somehow intrigued by the fact that some people are destitute, when I say destitute, I meant every letter in the word, I've seen documentary of instances of people literarily dying of malnutrition...but unlike other troubles listed as signs of the end in Mat 24, Jesus actually said...

"For you always have the poor with you, yet Me you have not always" (Concordant)
"For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always" (KJV)
"For, always, the destitute, have ye with you, -but, me, not always, have ye" (Rotherdam)

I know Jesus is directing attention to a different issue i.e. that he will not always physically be there but must we always have the poor amongst us?

mharrell08

Re: For you always have the poor with you
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 07:29:06 PM »

Hi all again, t'was really nice meeting up / seeing so many bible truthers (  :)) at the conference, I came to realise that there are many more people who are part of this community but don't just post... great to know.

Here I've got this question which I was about to post many months ago but then suddenly felt I'd grasped the answer, now it doesn't seem so again.

And the question? well, I am somehow intrigued by the fact that some people are destitute, when I say destitute, I meant every letter in the word, I've seen documentary of instances of people literarily dying of malnutrition...but unlike other troubles listed as signs of the end in Mat 24, Jesus actually said...

"For you always have the poor with you, yet Me you have not always" (Concordant)
"For, always, the destitute, have ye with you, -but, me, not always, have ye" (Rotherdam)

I know Jesus is directing attention to a different issue i.e. that he will not always physically be there but must we always have the poor amongst us?

In this current, wicked age I would believe so. But we should remember the poor and give out of our abundance [2 Cor 8:14].

1 Sam 2:7  The LORD maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up.

Prov 22:2  The rich and poor meet together: the LORD is the maker of them all

Ps 72:4  He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.

Ps 72:12-14  For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper. He shall spare the poor and needy, and shall save the souls of the needy. He shall redeem their soul from deceit and violence: and precious shall their blood be in his sight.

Gal 2:9-10  ...when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me
[Paul] and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision. Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.

Hope this helps,

Marques

soberxp

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 09:10:46 PM »

we will not always have Jesus amongst us, even we always have the poor amongst us,(no matter we are rich or poor)we not always have physically Jesus amongst us.Jesus said this word that means he treasures the time with us,(no matter we are rich or poor) and give us a sign that he hopes who always amongst us as "poor". ;)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 09:26:23 PM by soberxp »

emkayfey

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 03:03:09 AM »

Yeah quite helpful, thanks. the poor among us is another opportunity to give cheerfully but is there elements of sim in acute poverty? Another scripture springs to my my mind and suggests there could also be element of sin in poverty.  Psalm 37:25 which says: I have been young, and [now] am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. (kjv).
In light of Psalm 37:25, is sin also a contributor to poverty, Or am I just simply lost in translation?

The post by soberxp affirms my point that although Jesus was pouting attention to the fact He'll not always physically be here, but He used the poor/destitute analogy, which is the point of my question.

In this current, wicked age I would believe so. But we should remember the poor and give out of our abundance [2 Cor 8:14].

1 Sam 2:7  The LORD maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up.

Prov 22:2  The rich and poor meet together: the LORD is the maker of them all

Ps 72:4  He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.

Ps 72:12-14  For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper. He shall spare the poor and needy, and shall save the souls of the needy. He shall redeem their soul from deceit and violence: and precious shall their blood be in his sight.

Gal 2:9-10  ...when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me
[Paul] and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision. Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.

Hope this helps,

Marques

soberxp

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 05:47:41 AM »

Psalm 37:25 which says: I have been young, and [now] am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. (kjv).
In light of Psalm 37:25, is sin also a contributor to poverty, Or am I just simply lost in translation?

Psalm 37:25 nor his seed begging bread. (kjv).sounds like a lazy man as me  ;D

I cant find the scripture,kinda went like this,we should work hard as farmer .

but here is others

Proverbs 13:4 The sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied.
21 Misfortune pursues the sinner, but prosperity is the reward of the righteous.
22 A good man leaves an inheritance for his children's children, but a sinner's wealth is stored up for the righteous.
23 A poor man's field may produce abundant food, but injustice sweeps it away.

2Ti 2:6  The hard-working farmer ought to be the first to receive his share of the crops.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 06:00:43 AM by soberxp »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.