bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feeling down today  (Read 6933 times)

Roy Coates

Feeling down today
« on: December 23, 2009, 02:09:03 PM »

Not sure what exactly is wrong. I feel a pressure if you will. Money, kids, confusion, general trouble. I have what I need for today. Looking for guidance from Jesus and prayers from you. Blessing and mercy to you all

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Feeling down today
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 02:49:47 PM »

Hi Roy.  Pressure is what is needed to mold us into the image of Christ.

Man, I may be wrong in this, but just as   "...the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered...", sometimes I think He renews our minds, molds us like clay, burns out dross--all the works He does in and for us--EVEN WHEN we don't know what is going on or have any idea how to co-operate.  We are HIS workmanship, after all.  It seems to be true in my life.  I hope you can draw something refreshing out of that as well. 

These trials are not pleasant, but we can still rejoice in them.  We won't know how or why until after it's all over.  We can't be on the 'mountain top' all the time, or else we will forget how pleasant it is to be there.  He won't hide forever.

God be with you.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 03:08:49 PM »

Hi Roy..I`ll be praying for you..I know, too what that feels like. I sometimes feel down and it`s more like an oppression . Like a sort of burden. I do know I`m glad when it lifts! Whatever is causing it, like Dave said God  uses those times to mold us..hang in there and feel the prayers over you and also God`s love.
Kathy :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 03:50:52 PM by Ninny »

Marky Mark

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 03:55:56 PM »

Not sure what exactly is wrong. I feel a pressure if you will. Money, kids, confusion, general trouble. I have what I need for today. Looking for guidance from Jesus and prayers from you. Blessing and mercy to you all

Hello Roy. Timely request as I too have been in a funk as of late.With God all things are possible and he proves this out with His Word. What we think of is how we react and take action in the Spirit. I need a good kick in the pants on occasion too ;).  Gods Love to you my brother.

Peter 5:6-7  Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Psalm 34:4  I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
       he delivered me from all my fears.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 55:22  Cast your cares on the LORD
       and he will sustain you;
       he will never let the righteous fall.

2 Timothy 2:3 Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.

John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

1 Peter 1:13 Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed

Peace...Mark

soberxp

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 04:32:39 PM »

Merry Christmas  :D

Roy Coates

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 05:10:02 PM »

A nap, some coffee and reflecting on your responses all while God does His thing with me. I am feeling better. It is just nice to be able to lay out a little (or big) issue here, take a break, return and get ministered to by all of you. Thank You Jesus. Blessing to my BT friends.

Linny

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 10:04:27 PM »

Roy,
I think it is kind of a man thing as I had noticed my husband being down as of late. He told me he is just dealing with so much. He wouldn't trade all that he has learned and having his eyes opened but it leaves him with so much to think on. Having to live in this evil world as a man of fairness and finding no goodness among anything of this world is difficult. I think it is very hard for you guys with so much love in your hearts and with the mind-set you have regarding taking care of your family, careers, money, etc.
Know that you men are on my heart and in my prayers!
Blessings, Lin

Roy Coates

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 01:11:39 AM »

i am moved by all the heart felt replies. Thanks so much

darren

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 03:06:33 AM »

Sorry to hear that you felt down today (or yesterday) I just got off of work and it's late. I know Linny mention that it might be a man thing. I think with all the every day pressures of work, money, trying to keep up with the bills keeping food on the table then add Christmas's to the mix, it can be overwhelming. I know for me, it's tough. I bet for many it's tough. Just remember (and this too shall pass) and no one know what tomorrow will bring. Good luck and God bless.

Darren

Marlene

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 11:43:12 AM »

Roy, I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I believe all gave you many words of comfort.

I know, I have often been comforted by your prayers for my family and also your post in here.

In His Love,
Marlene

Samson

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 12:17:42 PM »

Hey Roy,

This time of year, the days are as short as they can be, approximately 4 days from now, the days will start getting longer again. The Sun is directly over the Tropic of Capricorn and starts it's ascent towards the equator in a few days. What does this have to do with you Brother, maybe nothing at all, but many people are affected by the shorter days, making the everyday pressures seem worse than normal. They crave carbohydrates more than normal. They lack and produce less serotonin for the brain.

Beloved(Carol) had some good advice directed at another issue regarding Lupac's Thread in this section, but she was addressing another problem. I appreciated all that she said, but just as a suggestion, you might consider investing in a Full Spectrum of lights lamp to provide some of the light we don't get from the Sun this time of year, I have one and it sure helps me, a good Multiple Mineral Pill with Vitamin D(400 I.U.) can't hurt. Of course, none of this won't make your problems go away, only God in his due time and plan(Boulema-Greek) can and will do that, we can only persevere, for now. My Prayers go out to you, feeling somewhat Depressed about Life's problems is certainly not any fun.

Kind Regards, Samson.

tamaralv

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2009, 03:05:01 AM »

Hey Roy,

I can certainly empathize with you.  Samson is right about the lack of direct sunlight affecting our mood.  Several years ago I was diagnosed with SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder).  I have tried many types of anti-depressants, with very limited results and some nasty side effects to boot.  This year I began taking Vitamin D3 6,000 IUs per day and the results have been surprising.  I've been able to cut my antidepressant dosage in half, with my doctors approval and may go off of them altogether.  I found a lot of information on the Internet so do some research if you feel this may be helpful to you.  When your mood is lifted it's amazing how much easier it is to deal with life's ups and downs.  This has been an especially difficult year for me as well and the holiday season certainly does it's share to bring people down, whether you celebrate them or not.  Hang in there, Roy.  I'll pray God strengthens you through all of this.   

Peace and Love in Christ Jesus!

lauriellen

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 01:32:37 PM »

i was doing some reading a night or two ago and came accross this verse...i hadn't really noticed it before, but it has just STUCK in my mind for some reason.....i think it is a beautiful promise and maybe it will give you some peace:   

Lam 3:31  For the Lord will not cast off for ever:
       Lam 3:32  BUT THOUGH HE CAUSE GRIEF, yet will he
       have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies.

God bless you,
lauriellen

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 03:19:47 PM »

i was doing some reading a night or two ago and came accross this verse...i hadn't really noticed it before, but it has just STUCK in my mind for some reason.....i think it is a beautiful promise and maybe it will give you some peace:   

God bless you,
lauriellen

Oh my, lauriellen.  Thanks so much for sharing that scripture.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

rockrdude

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009, 04:44:04 PM »

Yes.. THANK YOU for those scriptures! I'm going to print these and put them on my wall to remind myself daily that things WILL get better. I know they will get better for you too, Roy. There is always an end to suffering and trials. It is promised.

Terry

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2009, 07:03:15 PM »

Hey Roy i know your pain i'm there quiet often myself this is a hard road at times i feel i'm going through the Lake of Fire right now myself i've been sick for seven years and i know now that it is only God that keeps me going for i have no strenth of myself i've been here so many times and i know God will bring me and you out of this just as he has so many times before,I'll pray Roy that your trip through the desert doesn't last to long,
Your Friend
Terry
Terry

Roy Coates

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 12:24:19 PM »

God bless you,
lauriellen

Oh my, lauriellen.  Thanks so much for sharing that scripture.
amen

Ninny

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 12:41:37 PM »

Roy, hope you're feeling a little better! Hang in there! Things WILL get better!
Kathy :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.