bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I don't know what to do.  (Read 21973 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: I don't know what to do.
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 02:13:25 AM »

Hey Bryant...that's the point.  These thoughts AREN'T true!  You are largely correct to lay much of the blame at the door of church doctrine.  They are so completely nonsensical and evil, that those who barely believe can skim along pretty well, and those who believe the strongest are nearly destroyed by the contradictions.

Let me tell you what will happen if you stay in the Word and in sound teaching.  Your understanding of what IS true will grow.  Your faith to believe it will sprout and grow.  Your ability to conquer doubts will grow.  A 'sound mind' will replace your befuddlement.  The Mind of Christ will gain prominence in your life.  You will become a mature man of God.  You will get soooo past religion and walk in wisdom and light.

We know how all this ends, Bryant.  It ends very, very well!  Between now and then, you're going to go from how you are to how He is preparing you to be.  Along the way, you're going to pick up all the fruit of the Spirit and become Wise through everything you will learn and experience.  You can't have it ALL now 100%.  That's not the way it works.  But there's no such thing as failure.

So, since you made it easy, I'll tell you.  Satan is NOT God.   ;D  There will be a pop quiz on that in a short while, I'm guessing.  So study up.     
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Kat

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 02:22:51 AM »

Hi Bryant,

2Co 10:3  For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
v.4  For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
v. 5  casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

Eph. 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

These are spiritual battles we fight, in the mind, the thoughts, what we believe.  Before we know the truth our minds can be filled with all kinds of wrong thoughts.  But when we are blessed to have our eyes opened and begin to learn the truth, then we need to battle to clean up our thoughts.  We should not allow evil thoughts, "the darkness of this world," to stay in our head, replace it with something positive.

Php 4:8  Finally, my brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are right, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there is any virtue and if there is any praise, think on these things.

It make seem daunting at first, but more and more as you remove those wrong thoughts, even just a tiny little bit at a time, well you begin to make progress in the right direction.  It's a process that takes a lifetime to complete, but the sooner you start the better.

Pro 23:7  For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Lupac

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2009, 06:20:50 PM »

One other question. I was reading another topic, and a user (Pax) said that the early jews didn't believe God was perfect, only "more mighty" than other gods. Where is he getting this? Is there any truth in it? Thanks.

(http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2965.60.html Last message, no one responded to him, because the topic was locked. (With good reason.))

Kat

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2009, 09:54:31 PM »

Hi Lupac,

That is very likely.  When you try to understand the God of the OT (which is all the Jews use) without having been given eyes to see and understand, you see a God that gets angry and changes His mind and all kinds of contradictions.  So it would not be surprising if they believed that God was not perfect. 

When you have your eyes opened, as Ray has explained many times the Bible does not contradict.  To the world the Bible seems like a gaint jigsaw puzzle with missing pieces all over the place, but with truth and understand the pieces start to come together.  Only those that have been given eyes to see are blessed with understanding of the mysteries in Scriptures, as Jesus said.

Luke 8:10  And He said, To you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God. But to others I speak in parables, so that seeing they might not see and hearing they might not understand.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Lupac

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2009, 02:32:19 AM »

I wanted to tell you all that I'm doing a little better. Please pray for me. It seems that once I get one truth down, I worry about another. It's like a never ending cycle. I'm afraid that I don't have real faith, and that, you guessed it, I'll be going to hell for it. I may be afraid of it, but I don't believe it.  :-\ Thank you all.

EDIT: I wish God hadn't hid the truth from all but a few. I used to really respect men like R.C. Sproul and C.S. Lewis. (Well, I still like Lewis, even though he was wrong on so many things, he hated the teaching of hell, but didn't think there was any way around it, from his point of view.) I think, how can men, being as "educated" as those two not see what the simplest can? (I'm not trying to put down Ray, myself, or anyone else, I was just making a point.) It blows my mind.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 02:41:30 AM by Lupac »

G. Driggs

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2009, 06:55:00 AM »

EDIT: I wish God hadn't hid the truth from all but a few. I used to really respect men like R.C. Sproul and C.S. Lewis. (Well, I still like Lewis, even though he was wrong on so many things, he hated the teaching of hell, but didn't think there was any way around it, from his point of view.) I think, how can men, being as "educated" as those two not see what the simplest can? (I'm not trying to put down Ray, myself, or anyone else, I was just making a point.) It blows my mind.

The reason is simple, and it blows my mind too.

1Co 1:19  It is written, "I will destroy the wisdom of those who are wise. I will do away with the cleverness of those who think they are so smart." (Isaiah 29:14)
1Co 1:20  Where is the wise person? Where is the educated person? Where are the great thinkers of this world? Hasn't God made the wisdom of the world foolish?
1Co 1:21  God wisely planned that the world would not know him through its own wisdom. It pleased God to use the foolish things we preach to save those who believe.

1Co 3:18  Don't fool yourselves. Suppose some of you think you are wise by the standards of the world. Then you should become a "fool" so that you can become wise.
1Co 3:19  The wisdom of this world is foolish in God's eyes. It is written, "God catches wise people in their own tricks." (Job 5:13)
1Co 3:20  It is also written, "The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise don't amount to anything." (Psalm 94:11)

G. Driggs

Lupac

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2009, 11:19:57 PM »

Okay, I have another question.  ;) It was brought up in an email to Ray, but wasn't really answered. (At least this point wasn't.) This guy was asking why the apostles would risk (and ultimately lose) their lives to get the gospel out, if they believed everyone would be saved. I know the logic to this is really faulty, and I think it's because that's what God wanted them to do. Also, I feel bad for even asking this and I personally would never do it, but why did a lot of Christians in Rome refuse to deny Christ, and then get put to death, if they believed they would be saved anyway. (Jesus did talk about judgment for those who denied him, (I think.) but not ET.) I'm sorry for asking such a dumb question. But I want to know. Thanks.

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2009, 11:28:41 PM »

but why did a lot of Christians in Rome refuse to deny Christ, and then get put to death, if they believed they would be saved anyway.

They are not going to get saved 'anyway' my friend but one way!!  However God has predetermined that all will be saved.  It is much better to be judged now and have your carnal heart burned out of you now rather then later but all is of God.

Consider....

Php 2:12-13  Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

God put a backbone of Iron in the the apostles and they considered their lives as dung and would not deny their Lord after they were all converted.  It was a work of the spirit in their lives as it is in us.  If God does not embolded us we will fold like an accordion as well.  

Lupac

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2009, 02:26:55 AM »

Thanks for the quick reply. That clears that up for me. I thought of something earlier that really shook me up... It's insane, bit I'm a little worried. Okay, I was reading the last part of the lake of fire series, about infants who die. And I thought, "what if I died as a baby, and everything I'm seeing and going through now is just a test, and it's not real." (Meaning my whole life.) That is crazy isn't it? I kind of scared myself. Thanks. (Damn mental problems.) 

darren

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2009, 02:36:08 AM »

Greetings Lupac: Listen, when I first was introduce to Ray's teachings (his papers) I could not truly comprehend the things I was reading. I mean my whole belief system was in doubt. Satan, free will, hell, all being saved. I had to go back and reread Ray;s paper and take my time with them. These questions your asking are a sign that God is working in you, removing the scales (so to speak) from your eyes. Slow down, relax,take a breath.

Darren

Lupac

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2009, 12:03:31 PM »

Okay, instead of posting my random mental insanity. (lol) How about this, what happens to infants that die. I know Ray "sort of" answered it in this email:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,815.0.html

But, IMO he didn't answer it very fully. What does Isa 65:20 mean? and how does it apply? Thanks.

Kat

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2009, 12:23:56 PM »

Hi Lupac,

but why did a lot of Christians in Rome refuse to deny Christ, and then get put to death, if they believed they would be saved anyway.

Arion gave a good answer.  I would just like to mention knowing the rulers at the time were the Romans and the empire had absolute authority requiring obedience and worship by their law. They disliked this new Christian religion as being some kind of threat to their authority.  If people were brought before the courts for any reason and found to be Christians, they would be asked to recant - to deny their faith in Jesus and make a public sacrifice to the Roman gods, thus acknowledging the divinity of the emperor. If they refused, they would be killed. 

Rev 21:8  But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

So what were the writers of the Gospels to do, recant and show reverance to them as gods?  This would be to lie and deny Christ in public for all to see.  Their lives were totally dedicated to serving and obeying what Christ had taught them and spreading this good news.  

Luke 11:33  "No one, when he has lit a lamp, puts it in a secret place or under a basket, but on a lampstand, that those who come in may see the light.

This make seem like a small lie in order to save ones life, but they were looking beyond this life to the kingdom.  They were probably not totally surprised as Christ told them this would happen.

Mat 24:9  "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake.

They were the Apostles, their lives were example for all believers to come.

Mark 8:35  For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it.

Though they carried this to the ultimate literal extreme and was killed for what they believed, we now do this spiritually everyday.

1John 3:16  By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

1Co 15:31  I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

And I thought, "what if I died as a baby, and everything I'm seeing and going through now is just a test, and it's not real

Ecc 9:5  For the living know that they will die;
      But the dead know nothing,
       And they have no more reward,
       For the memory of them is forgotten.

They will come up in the resurrection of the dead with everybody else and be judged. 

Rev 20:11  Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.
v. 12  And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.
v. 13  The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.
v. 14  Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
v. 15  And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Only the Elect's name are written in the Book of Life, Christ, all else will go to the Lake of fire, which will be the Elect ruling with Christ on earth. Since they are young they will not be punished, but they will grow up and "learn righteousness."

Isa 26:9  With my soul I have desired You in the night,
       Yes, by my spirit within me I will seek You early;
       For when Your judgments are in the earth,
       The inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Lupac

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2009, 12:31:50 PM »

Thank you Kat. You've been more patient with me and my questions than I thought was possible.

Marky Mark

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2009, 02:21:19 PM »

Okay, instead of posting my random mental insanity. (lol) How about this, what happens to infants that die. I know Ray "sort of" answered it in this email:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,815.0.html

But, IMO he didn't answer it very fully. What does Isa 65:20 mean? and how does it apply? Thanks.

Lupac,an email reply from Ray. Hope it helps.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,201.0.html

Dear Matt:

There are only two resurrection to immortality.

The first is for the chosen elect overcomes explained in part in (I Cor. 15).

All others--children, criminals, mentally challenged, the many called but not chosen, etc.

In the case with children we are told:  "There shall be no more thence
an infant of days, nor an old man that has not filled his days: for the
child shall die [spiritually die to his carnal mind purged through judgment] an hundred years old; but the sinner being an an hundred years old [and not yet purged of his carnal mind through judgment] shall be accursed [until he IS thoroughly purged]" (Isa. 65:20).

God's judgments are both light and harsh. (See Luke 12:45).

Many will freely enter God's judgments and will then enter into God's realm sooner. The harden criminals will have to be "THROWN into this fiery judgment of the carnal mind and human will which hates the ways of
God. (See Rev. 20:15).

Sorry, but this is a huge subject requiring hundreds of pages to cover the details.

God be with you,

Ray

Peace...Mark

Beloved

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2009, 02:27:19 PM »

Bryant, Sorry that you are being tossed too and fro on the sea of life right by so many thoughts.

Obsessive compulsive is a Cingulate disorder, the very part of the brain that allows flexibility ...gets stuck in a cycle. You need to learn to use Prefrontal cortex more. I hope that you are seeing a professional for this , there are self help activities that can help. Also exercise helps increase serotonin. Eating frequent high carb meals and also using tryptophan supplements or eating food higher in trytophan turkey chicken etc also do the same. There are many medications that will also do this.

You need to try you best to focus on ONE thing God is Love (even if you do not love Him)

Know that He is a Loving Father

that is why he tells us that we need to be
(2Co 10:5)  Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Jesus told his disciples
(Luk 12:22)  Now He said to His disciples, "Therefore I am saying to you, Do not worry about the soul, what you may be eating, nor yet about your body, what you should be putting on,
(Luk 12:23)  for the soul is more than nourishment and the body than apparel.
(Luk 12:24)  Consider the ravens, that they are not sowing, neither are they reaping, for which there is no storeroom nor yet barn, and God is nurturing them. Of how much more consequence are you than the flying creatures!"

(Luk 12:31)  However, be seeking the kingdom of God, and all these things will be added to you."
(Luk 12:32)  Do not fear, little flocklet, for it delights your Father to give you the kingdom."

Bryant, " you are fearfully and wonderfully made".... that means inside you is a hunger and thirst for God and a wonderment that is making you seek Him.

Our tiny computers made of meat (even when the tape gets stuck  :D) cannot comprehend all that He has in store for us.

Through Him you do have the ability to overcome "these thoughts".  And there is purpose for all of these things.

He told the 12 at the end

(Joh 16:12)  I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

So be patient

Beloved

Linny

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2009, 09:50:43 PM »

Speaking of prefrontal cortex, my kids have a DS game and my husband bought me the brain games for it. They work the prefrontal cortex as I recall! Plus they are fun  ;D ;D ;D
Lin

Lupac

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2009, 02:56:23 AM »

Bryant, Sorry that you are being tossed too and fro on the sea of life right by so many thoughts.

Obsessive compulsive is a Cingulate disorder, the very part of the brain that allows flexibility ...gets stuck in a cycle. You need to learn to use Prefrontal cortex more. I hope that you are seeing a professional for this , there are self help activities that can help. Also exercise helps increase serotonin. Eating frequent high carb meals and also using tryptophan supplements or eating food higher in trytophan turkey chicken etc also do the same. There are many medications that will also do this.

You need to try you best to focus on ONE thing God is Love (even if you do not love Him)

Know that He is a Loving Father

that is why he tells us that we need to be
(2Co 10:5)  Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Jesus told his disciples
(Luk 12:22)  Now He said to His disciples, "Therefore I am saying to you, Do not worry about the soul, what you may be eating, nor yet about your body, what you should be putting on,
(Luk 12:23)  for the soul is more than nourishment and the body than apparel.
(Luk 12:24)  Consider the ravens, that they are not sowing, neither are they reaping, for which there is no storeroom nor yet barn, and God is nurturing them. Of how much more consequence are you than the flying creatures!"

(Luk 12:31)  However, be seeking the kingdom of God, and all these things will be added to you."
(Luk 12:32)  Do not fear, little flocklet, for it delights your Father to give you the kingdom."

Bryant, " you are fearfully and wonderfully made".... that means inside you is a hunger and thirst for God and a wonderment that is making you seek Him.

Our tiny computers made of meat (even when the tape gets stuck  :D) cannot comprehend all that He has in store for us.

Through Him you do have the ability to overcome "these thoughts".  And there is purpose for all of these things.

He told the 12 at the end

(Joh 16:12)  I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

So be patient

Beloved

I used to go to a doctor. Last year, around this time, I was so bad, I had to quit my job. I would spend all day (six hours or more.) dealing with these/those thoughts. I stopped going because I got better, (Never got well.) and because it cost too much. My doctor was great, he had a PhD in psychiatry, and specialized in OCD treatment. I was good for a while, but never got over it. I have some supplements I've taken, but they too, are expensive. I never really took any medication, and I don't want to. (But a certain illegal green plant seemed to help a lot. Maybe I'll talk to my parents.) I'll just keep praying and trying to ignore them. I would write more, but I have to go to sleep now.

darren

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2009, 03:13:37 AM »

Lupac I don't know where you live but some states here in the U.S. the Doctors are allowed to write prescriptions for those little illegal green plants, Or maby it is just one state. I'm not sure.

Darren

Lupac

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2009, 06:05:56 PM »

One thing that has me a little worried about medication, "natural" or synthetic is the part in the Bible about witches. From what I understand, the word that is translated in the Greek word where we get pharmacy. But also, it seems witches in the Bible used drugs, among other thing to induce visions to gain "secrete knowledge". What exactly is that sin? Is it anything I should be worried about. What about cigarettes? I believe they're not good, but is smoking the same sin as being a witch? Thanks

(I ask here because you know what your talking about. One site I read said "health food" was witch's potions repackaged so Christians would buy it... Ugh.)

EDIT:

The more I think about it, the more I realize it's not the object itself, but the motive. Like in 1 Corinthians, when they were asking about the mean that was sacrificed to idols. From one persons viewpoint, it was only meat, and he wanted food. To another, because it was sacrificed to idols, it was somehow "tainted". Therefor you should not eat. From what I understand, Paul sided with the one who said it was only food, but warned them not to eat it if it caused their brother to stumble. Basically, it what's in your heart. It's not the object, it's the way you use it. Candles are the most used item by "witches", are candles themselves evil? Am I thinking rightly?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 06:54:52 PM by Lupac »

Kat

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2009, 08:11:46 PM »

Hi Lupac,

Rom 14:14  I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

Because some use candles in rituals for ungodliness, does not make a candle evil.  I burn candles all the time because I like the scented ones, but that will not conjure up something ungodly because some have used it for that.  Like you were saying, "The more I think about it, the more I realize it's not the object itself, but the motive."

Gen 1:29  And God said, "See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food.

I believe we have natural herbs that we can take that will help most of our ailments, if we know which ones to use for what.  This is something that was discussed at the last conference by Dr. Steger, a naturpath.  But medicines that are used to help the body function better are good. Our body needs to be supplemented with minerals and vitamins to keep to working right. IMO I think that inhaling something into the lungs is not a good health practice and a drug that is mind altering I would be leery of, except for severe pain maybe.  Anyway I think it would be good to follow the advice of a good doctor using natural remedies, like herbs and supplements.

Just the way I am looking at these things.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.