bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: I don't know what to do.  (Read 21691 times)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: I don't know what to do.
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2009, 10:47:34 PM »

young lupac,
here is an old post i found by kat, which is very helpful in getting an understanding of what your/our mindsets should be.  stand strong in the Light which is so obviously drawing you to this forum of true believers, and to Himself ultimately.

claudia

Re: Mind of Christ ?
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 10:45:02 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi gallenwalsh,

Here are some Scriptures that should help you understand the mind we should seek to conform to.

Rom 12:1  I appeal to you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
v. 2  Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may prove what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Heb 8:10  For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Php 2:1  So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any incentive of love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy,
v. 2  complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind.
v. 3  Do nothing from selfishness or conceit, but in humility count others better than yourselves.
v. 4  Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
v. 5  Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,

1Pe 1:13  Therefore gird up your minds, be sober, set your hope fully upon the grace that is coming to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
v. 14  As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance,
v. 15  but as He who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in all your conduct;

Rom 15:4  For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.
v. 5  Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus,
v. 6  that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Col 3:12  Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering;
v. 13  bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.
v. 14  But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.
v. 15  And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.
v. 16  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
v. 17  And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Kat

Re: I don't know what to do.
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2009, 10:57:50 PM »

Hi Lupac,

You know we all have dreadful things in our past, but actually it is not something to wish away.  These are part of a necassary "experience in evil" that we all must go through.  If we did not know about this darkness, how would we understand the light... if we had not known saddness, how would we be able to appreciate happiness... if we had not felt pain, could we realize pleasure... if we have not suffered grief, could we thoroughly feel joy... if we did not do something difficult, can we appreciate when something is easy, unless we have been through ignorance, we can not get to wisdom... if we had not heard lies, we would not value the truth... without experiencing hate, we can not recognize real love.  

We need to appreciate all that we have to experience in this life, because the lessons we learn in this existence are precious.  

Ecc 3:1-8 To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:  
       A time to be born,
          And a time to die;
       A time to plant,
          And a time to pluck what is planted;
       A time to kill,
          And a time to heal;
       A time to break down,
          And a time to build up;
       A time to weep,
          And a time to laugh;
       A time to mourn,
          And a time to dance;
       A time to cast away stones,
          And a time to gather stones;
       A time to embrace,
          And a time to refrain from embracing;
       A time to gain,
          And a time to lose;
       A time to keep,
          And a time to throw away;
       A time to tear,
          And a time to sew;
       A time to keep silence,
          And a time to speak;
       A time to love,
          And a time to hate;
       A time of war,
          And a time of peace.

James 1:2  My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,
v. 3  knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.

Ecc 1:13 I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens:it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

1Peter 2:9  But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 10:59:47 PM by Kat »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.