bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I don't know what to do.  (Read 21685 times)

Lupac

I don't know what to do.
« on: December 08, 2009, 07:58:53 PM »

Quite frankly, I'm terrified. I have all these doubts and fears. I realize now that I never really "loved" God, I just served Him because I was afraid of what He would do to me if I didn't. I'm still very afraid of hell. I don't know what to do about it. (I don't believe it, but it still scares me.) I worry about other things too. I worry that maybe the Bible isn't real, as in, maybe there isn't a God, I worry that if I think the wrong thing, God will put me in hell, and I just want it to stop. Can anyone help me?

lilitalienboi16

Re: I don't know what to do.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 08:09:35 PM »

Quite frankly, I'm terrified. I have all these doubts and fears. I realize now that I never really "loved" God, I just served Him because I was afraid of what He would do to me if I didn't. I'm still very afraid of hell. I don't know what to do about it. (I don't believe it, but it still scares me.) I worry about other things too. I worry that maybe the Bible isn't real, as in, maybe there isn't a God, I worry that if I think the wrong thing, God will put me in hell, and I just want it to stop. Can anyone help me?

Then worry, worry about it, think about it. You'll get tired of all of that eventually and you'll decide to make a decision on what you do believe in and when you finally do that, you'll embrace it and have some peace of mind. All of this is what i would like to call a "necessary evil." You'll be fine though, either way, whatever you decide! The Truth is constant and never changing, regardless of what we surround ourselves with both mentally and physically. Yea.. you'll be just fine!

God bless,

Alex

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 08:25:54 PM »

You've got to live your life Bryant...no one here can live it for you.

Faith is when one believes and trusts in God...but it's a gift (as you are finding out firsthand) that can only come from God. No one can conjure up faith for themselves or anyone else. God has to GIVE it. You will not have peace until God grants you faith, this may seem unsettling but it is true.

Ask God for faith and piece of mind...what do you have to lose?

Marques

Phil3:10

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 09:22:25 PM »

Lupac,
I don't know that any of us can help you. I do know that GOD can always help any of us. Remember, GOD has you where HE wants you and I feel sure HE will bring you the peace you need and want so much. Anything that I might say will only be words but HIS word is healing and peaceful. Dwell on HIM, cast your cares to HIM, and HE will help you.
In HIM,
Phil3:10

Samson

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 09:34:35 PM »

You've got to live your life Bryant...no one here can live it for you.

Faith is when one believes and trusts in God...but it's a gift (as you are finding out firsthand) that can only come from God. No one can conjure up faith for themselves or anyone else. God has to GIVE it. You will not have peace until God grants you faith, this may seem unsettling but it is true.

Ask God for faith and piece of mind...what do you have to lose?

Marques

Bryant,

Listen to what Marques said above, eventually you will overcome these fears in God's timeframe of things. Your only 18, you probably have alot of experiences ahead of you, both Good and Evil, that is how we are being created in God's image, you are the Clay and God is the Potter, He will fashion you according to His plan. If it's any consolation, I went through a period of time where I feared God was going annihilate(nonexistence), instead of Eternal Punishment. This took place after leaving the JW'S, eventually God delivered me from that state of mind and before I knew it, I was reading at Bible-Truths. It would be beneficial for you to read, if you haven't already, Ray's Articles on Hades, Sheol, Gehenna, The Lake of Fire series and the article; Is Everlasting Scriptural. These are all found at the front page of this Site. Hang in there and continue your Fellowship with those(that's us) who don't subscribe to a Eternal or Everlasting punishment of any kind.

Kind Regards, Samson.

soberxp

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 09:49:43 PM »

hi  Lupac

I dont worry about hell(not because I will go to heaven).I worry sometimes as you,because einstein's relativity and Difficult to imagine that modern science and technology what almost Can do anything,such as something in bible,hard to tell how modern science and technology Can do that.

Finaly,i realise GOD is true,cuz here http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,10924.0.html,and god also has sense of humo(cuz he created the world),why we never saw god's sense of humo in bible,cuz bible was written by human,as us cant fully understand GOD,but I don't doubt the word in bible,We are what we think, having become what we thought and written.there will be an effect from different points of view.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 10:20:14 PM by soberxp »

Kat

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 10:05:47 PM »

Hi Lupac,

You have to start somewhere in your quest for understanding and God has brought you here, that you might find the truth and peace.  Right now you are in church with your parents and I'm sure you have heard your fair share of sermon designed to install the fear of hell in you, that's what the church does.  You have been indoctrinated, that's what hearing all those sermons does.  It is going to take a lot of effort on your part to undo all the falsehoods you have been taught.  It's all of God, but it does require effort on our part.

Php 2:12  Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

You have to do it, but most important of all is HOW we are able to do it.

v. 13  for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

Here is an excerpt from the article 'THE ORIGIN OF ENDLESS PUNISHMENT.'

http://bible-truths.com/lake16-C.html --------------------------------------

Most theologians are clearly deceived, however, not all are ignorant. Many theologians know at least some of the material I am presenting to you. But they don’t want you to know or understand any of it. It has been the purpose of the ruling privileged elite to keep the masses at bay by evil indoctrinations, deceptions, and gross fear.
v
There are countless Historians who have clearly come to see the fraudulent origins of most of today’s religious doctrines (Christianity first and foremost).

And it is EGYPT that is the originator of these gross and evil doctrines of eternal torture after death of the souls which supposedly cannot die.
v
The whole thing is designed for effect, to influence the multitude, to restrain their passions, and to aid the magistrate and ruler in keeping them subject to authority. It is the invention of priests and lawmakers, who take this as the easiest method of governing the people. They claim the "right divine" to govern; claim that their laws originate with the gods, as we have shown above; and that, therefore, the gods will visit on all offenders the terrors and tortures of the damned. Hence, through the joint cunning of priest and legislator, of church and state, mutually supporting each the other, we have all the stupendous frauds and falsehoods respecting the invisible world."
v
"My people have been lost sheep: THEIR SHEPHERDS HAVE CAUSED THEM TO GO ASTRAY…" (Jer. 50:6).

"The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means and My people LOVE TO HAVE IT SO…" (Jer. 5:31).

Unbelievable… UNBELIEVABLE. I watch ministers on television use, and abuse, and accuse their congregations, over and over again. And do they get up and walk out? NO… they APPLAUD That’s right, they applaud the abuse of their ministers. "The priests bear rule by their means [by their forced coercion], and they LOVE TO HAVE IT SO…"
v
It means that virtually everything about Christendom—from its name ‘Church,’ to the architecture of their buildings, to the origin of their holy days and doctrines, is all straight out of heathenism, of which God Almighty declares:

"LEARN NOT THE WAY OF THE HEATHEN… inquire NOT after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? Even so WILL I DO LIKEWISE" (Jer. 10:2 & Deut. 12:30).

All Christian doctrines that are not out of paganism are nonetheless, unscriptural.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I put this here from Ray's article so that maybe you can begin to see where all your fear is coming from, the church.  If you must continue to attend, understand what you are being taught and refuse to be lead astray any longer.

Rom. 10:17 Now faith comes from hearing, and hearing by THE WORD OF GOD.  

It is imperative to keep reading in God's Word on a daily bases, prove ALL things (1Th 5:21). All truths must have a second witness in the Scripture and there are no contradictions in the Scriptures.  Studying the articles BT will give you a lot of valuable information, Ray has done countless hours of research to put these articles together.

But as Marques was saying, remember that the faith you need so badly, is only received as "A GIFT FROM GOD" (Eph. 2:8-10).  So pray for God to grant you faith.  I will be praying for you also.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Linny

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 12:11:47 AM »

Hi Lupac,
I am so sorry about your worries and how you are feeling now. Please know that God is there and He knows exactly how you are feeling too. For some reason, He wants you here right now. He must have some amazing plan that requires it. So rejoice in this season and thank Him for the work He is doing in you even now.
Also, as Kat said, FEAR is the way of the world. Not just the church but EVERY SINGLE HUMAN INSTITUTION uses fear to gain control over us. The government, the medical establishment, schools, the workplace, etc. etc. Fear is the best way to make us sheep follow the wrong path. One thing I learned years ago was to never make a decision based on fear.
Do you have E-sword? Do a study on fear and read all the Scriptures that teach of it.
I believe the Bible tells us not to fear 365 times. Interestingly, one for each day of the year.

Praying for you!
Lin

Roy Coates

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 01:19:08 AM »

Pray Pray Pray for guidance. Study Study and Study to find the truth. I'll be praying for you and with you. Peace, Roy

Lupac

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 01:55:44 AM »

Thank you all. I'm going to sleep now, I'll reply more fully tomorrow.

Roy Martin

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 08:56:07 AM »

Hi Lupac,
 Well I can see from your post and all the replies that God is guiding you. Its just a matter of Gods time, and you learning also in His time and growing in faith as the fear will certainly disappear. You aren't the first nor the last to have these doubts and fears that God purges from us. Ive definitely gone through this, and many more present issues with more to come. We die daily to live in Christ, and its Him that does the killing.

Peace
Roy

Amrhrasach

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 04:42:06 PM »

So often these days I so do hesitate to post and the reason is very simple.  Unlike most who are qualified in offering roast, I can only offer a sampling of milk.  But your post struck me and so I offer something to you to consider in your current struggle, as my own is similar.

“because I was afraid of what He would do to me if I didn't.”

Pro 1:7  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Psa 119:120  My flesh trembleth for fear of thee; and I am afraid of thy judgments.

Keep it in mind and may God allow the fear be placed in manner of wisdom.  You’re among good company.

“I'm still very afraid of hell. I don't know what to do about it. (I don't believe it, but it still scares me.)”

A myth dis-assembled and lying in ashes, as you recognize and know.    

1Co 15:55  O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

1Ti 2:4  Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 

Rejoice.

“I worry that maybe the Bible isn't real, as in, maybe there isn't a God,”

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5815.0.html

“I’ll show you why this is so important, because if Jesus Christ was the Son of God.  If Jesus Christ died and was resurrected from the dead.  If that is a historical fact.  THEN YOU CAN BELIEVE ANYTHING THE MAN SAYS!  Anything and everything, you see.  Now let’s zero in on that a little bit.  Paul says;

I Cor. 15:5  and that He was seen of Cephas, then by the Twelve.
v. 6 Then He was seen of five hundred brethren at once,
v. 7  Afterward He was seen by James, then by all the apostles.
v. 8  And last of all He was seen by me also,

So Paul saw Him.  This is the Man they killed!  HE WAS DEAD!  Paul said, I SAW HIM.  Peter saw Him - the Twelve saw Him - 500 at one time saw Him.  Paul said most of those people were still alive and you can go and ask them.  Now he’s just talking about 500 people he knows of specifically.”
   L. Ray Smith

Joh 20:27  Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

Rom 10:17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Joh 6:44  No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. 

Sometimes our spiritual fingers are in our spiritual ears. Pray God allows you to use those fingers to thrust them into the wound as was necessary for Thomas, and for me also.

Has not everyone on this forum also at one time or another believed and also fought, on the same spiritual ground?    You are amongst good company of those who have built their house on a better foundation.   So build your house with confidence.

I am all too familiar with your spiritual fight, Lupac, and so very often of late find
myself also questioning God’s existence, his love, his plan, his knowledge, his wisdom, his mercy, and this:

Pro 16:9  A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps. 

It’s a struggle like no other, at least for me.   We all, before, have placed our confidence in trinkets of “spiritualism” and come to believe we are strong.  It’s a false confidence.  When he begins to smash those trinkets the beast within us seems to come alive with renewed strength.

Rev 13:4  And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? 

I’m becoming to come of a mind to believe that the Lord knows just how very clever our individual beast can be when roused by the truth, and how deeply rooted our pride when the routing begins, and then he uses adequately measured means to bring us to a specific low point before he can move us to greater things.

Psa 116:6  The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.

Pro 29:23  A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

Mat 21:44  And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. 

I remain astounded at my own pride and even so at his mercy.

Psa 6:2  Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed.

Psa 66:20  Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me. 

Stay strong Lupac.  You’re among those who understand.

Eph 3:12  In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Gary

Lupac

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 06:09:13 PM »

Okay... Thank you all. I guess what I don't understand is, why do so many Christians want "hell" to be true. Some of them, from what I see, wish it wasn't true, but preach about it because they're afraid of it, while others seem to take... delight in it. I, just want to do the right thing and love God and others around me. I don't want to go to hell, but I'm so afraid I will, because I have done this or that thing "just right". I'm afraid of other people going to hell too. I need to reread some of your replies. I believe Jesus Christ has the power to save all men. I guess I just need God's help.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 06:12:17 PM by Lupac »

Kat

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 07:23:29 PM »

Hi Lupac,

It would do you a lot of good to read through Ray's articles on hell.  He will answer every conceivable question you have about hell and what the Scriptures really say.  There is quite a few articles (that I have listed the links below) and they have lots of details that really will answer all of your questions.  You have right here at your finger tips the answers that will give you peace, so do read through them.  If you have any questions after that, you can be assured we will be right here for you.

16. A.  Hell: Sheol Translated Grave http://bible-truths.com/lake16-A.html
     B.  Hell: Sheol Translated Hell  http://bible-truths.com/lake16-B.html
     C.  Hell: The Origin of Endless Punishment  http://bible-truths.com/lake16-C.html
     D1 Hell: The Christian hell is a Christian HOAX  http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D1.htm
     D2 Hell: Tophet and Molech in Hinnom  http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D2.htm
     D3 Hell: The Sermon On The Mount is for You  http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D3.htm
     D4 Hell: Gehenna Fire Judgment   http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D4.htm
     E.  Hell: Hades and the Second Death  http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D5.htm

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Lupac

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 12:54:08 AM »

Thanks, I'm still working my way though them. Did Ray ever post his paper on the tektonics site that "refuted" him? I noticed not many people who try to "refute" him use scripture, just their own ideas, and ideas of others (Church fathers, theologians, etc.) I think that says a lot right there. I'm still, so afraid, but I think God is helping me through it. I go from one thing to another very quickly in my mind. First I'm worried that God won't save everybody, then I worry that I'm going to hell, (Why, I don't know.) then I worry that maybe parts of the Bible aren't inspired, then I worry that God isn't even real.

>_>

I'm making my life a living hell. I don't want to anymore, but I can't seem to help it. I feel horrible all day. (You know that feeling you get, like when you hear a big crash and you're worried that maybe, someone you love could be hurt or worse? I feel like that all the time.) All I can do is try to force myself on the truth and pray. I don't want to turn this topic in to a huge "woe is me" kind of thing. So I guess I'll stop. (There's a lot of reasons for the way I act, I just don't really want to talk about them, out loud. Anyone who would like, if you don't mind, to talk to me can PM me.)

tamaralv

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, 08:54:45 PM »

Lupac,

I too have very little to offer you in the way of "meat", it's Spam at best!  lol  I don't post often (although I'm on the site most days) and I can only offer you this because I recognize the pain in the words you wrote.  You are NOT alone in what you are going through.  Most of us can understand, first hand, the turmoil and upset that you are right now experiencing.  I just implore you not to be discouraged because there is the Light at the end of this (John 14:6).  This is just one of many experiences you'll have and we must in all things give praise and Thanks to our Father and Creator (Phil 4:6-7).  He has All in His control, Lupac, and whatever experiences you are having at any particular time, He has you in mind.
I love the Psalms and one of my favorites for times of trouble is Psalm 46.  I pray you can find some comfort in this.

1a  God is our refuge and our strength, a very present help in trouble.  2  Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; 3  Though it's waters roar and be troubled, Though the mountains shake with it's swelling.  Selah 
4  There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God, The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.  5 God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.  6 The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved; He uttered His voice, the earth melted.  7 The Lord of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge.  Selah
8 Come, behold the works of the Lord, Who has made desolations in the earth.  9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two; He burns the chariot in the fire.  10 Be still, and KNOW that I AM God; I will be exalted among the nation, I will be exalted in the earth!  11 The Lord of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge.  Selah

My heart goes out, along with my prayers for you, Lupac.  Listen to Marques and the others and pray for God to give you the answers and knowledge you seek and don't be afraid.  May you soon find your Peace (John 14:27).

Peace and Love in Christ Jesus,

Tammy

Lupac

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 12:33:21 AM »

Thank you Tammy. I'm doing a little better. I didn't really want to say this, but it's been bothering me a lot lately. I... have really bad obsessive compulsive disorder. (I know people throw around the phrase "OCD" all the time, because they have some weird tick. I don't like it, but I can't change it.) I get, thoughts I my head, horrible thoughts that repeat over and over. (First person that says it's a demon get my fist in their face. (j/k)) Anyway, the thoughts mostly have to do with Satan, not because they have anything to do with him, but because when I was little, and to a certain extant now, he was what I feared most. (Besides going to hell.) Anyway, I'll get thoughts in my head like, (Man, I don't like to even type this...) "Satan is god." or sometimes, like when I'm praying, it'll repeat like I'm praying to... someone else. >_>

It bothers me a lot, like, the more I try to now think about it, the more I end up thinking about it. I've prayed and prayed to God to forgive me. But I still worry. My old doctor (I've been struggling with this for a year now.) taught me ways to make it stop, but I don't like doing it. (It involves repeating the thought, out loud, to myself.) I guess me point with all this is, God isn't angry with me because I can't seem to make myself think right, is he? Thanks.

(I also worry that these thoughts are true, i.e. "Satan really is in charge/god." or "You really are going to hell." or worst of all "When you think something like that, you really mean it/doing it." I know it's irrational, I just need to work things out...)

G. Driggs

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 02:26:57 AM »

I... have really bad obsessive compulsive disorder. (I know people throw around the phrase "OCD" all the time, because they have some weird tick. I don't like it, but I can't change it.) I get, thoughts I my head, horrible thoughts that repeat over and over.

It bothers me a lot, like, the more I try to now think about it, the more I end up thinking about it. I've prayed and prayed to God to forgive me.

I can totally relate to what you are saying Lupac, because I go through the same thing. I never knew it might be OCD till you mentioned it, I just thought I was just more evil than most or something. These horrible thoughts that I cant even repeat here have tormented me for a long time, but since I have been studying Rays papers, studying the Scriptures, praying always, it has become less and less. I have come to the conclusion I'm really not in control of anything, including my own thoughts, and sometimes that is really frustrating, but I acknowledge Him and just give up and try to quite worrying about too much.

Hang in there Lupac, He will grant you self control, but it seems to be a slow and often painful process, but well worth the wait. Keep in mind, God made us the way we are, as He has every right, and He will make us new into something better in His time.

Peace, G.Driggs
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 02:37:23 AM by G. Driggs »

Roy Martin

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:00 AM »

Hello Bryant,
   Just imagine yourself being in a boxing ring with God in your corner, and there is Satan in the other corner all by himself under Gods authority, and he can't throw any punches unless God lets him. The thing is its not imaginary because this is just the way it is, and God is not going to let Satan destroy  you or anyone. Satan is only a sparing partner in Gods training in this life for all of us. Each time we knock him down the stronger we get, and the weaker he gets.We will be the champions.
 Do you know that you can run faster and hit harder when your afraid? Kind of strange isn't it?
When you are weak, He is strong.

Peace
Roy
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 10:37:07 AM by Roy Martin »

Lupac

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 01:26:26 AM »

One thing I have trouble with is not seeing Satan as an "fallen angel". Satan, to me, always seemed so powerful because he made himself evil by himself. (According to orthodoxy, which I was always taught.) I get thoughts like, when I'm praying to God, or just saying "Thank you God", it'll like, repeat in my head only it'll be "Thank you Satan." I hate it, and I hate myself. I've wanted to die so many times in the past, just to escape the horrible way I live. I'm not as bad now, but I'm not doing as well as I have before. I'll be okay, I'm going to go back over my doctor's notes. I'll be okay. I'm just also worried that maybe, this sounds crazy, that these thoughts are true. I know they're no, I just need someone to tell me they're not. (Satan's not god.)

And Driggs, I feel for you. Christians (Really strict, ETers mostly.), statistically are at a much higher "risk" for OCD, depression (Which I also exhibit.), and other mental problems. I really think that the teachings of the church are to blame.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 16 queries.