bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No remembrance  (Read 7282 times)

SandyFla

No remembrance
« on: June 15, 2006, 03:19:24 PM »

"That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes. For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy." - Isaiah 65:16-18

Does the part in bold really mean we will not remember our life in this world when the next begins? If so, of what use is the knowledge of evil in order for us to know good?

shibboleth

No remembrance
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 03:29:21 PM »

I have often wondered that myself. When everything becomes all in all, will we no longer remember what God brought us out of or the price Christ paid for our redemption? This is a really good question and I will see if I can find anything out about it.

alchemist

No remembrance
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 03:34:15 PM »

What exactly do you think this and the next world are?

love_magnified

No remembrance
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 03:35:43 PM »

I believe "heaven and earth" refers to covenant relationship, not physical heaven and earth. Heaven and earth did pass away. It passed away. It is passing away. And it will pass away, until God is all in all. We are in New Jerusalem (the bride, the body, the Kingdom). We are made new, through a new relationship between Heaven (God) and earth (man).

Sorin

No remembrance
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 03:42:58 PM »

That's a good question Sandy. But notice it's talking about the former earth will not be remembered or come to mind. I guess we have to first consider
the translation, how accurate it is. And look up the meaning of the word "remembered". The way I look at is, by "will not come to mind" to mean that
the new will be so much better that  the former will not even come to mind for it has passed. But the word "remembered" I'm interested in.
I mean if that is indeed true, that we will have no memory of the former earth, then none of our former selves then of what value is the knowledge of good and evil here since we'll no longer have any knowledge of it. kind of weird, seems contradictory to other Scripture. Or what would be the point of judgement if you have no memory of your former life?

Take care,
Sorin

SandyFla

No remembrance
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 03:44:00 PM »

Quote from: alchemist
What exactly do you think this and the next world are?

I think the next world begins when God's plan of salvation is completely fulfilled and all are saved.

love_magnified

No remembrance
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 03:46:18 PM »

SandyFla

No remembrance
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 03:49:23 PM »

Quote from: Sorin
But the word "remembered" I'm interested in.

Strong says it's zâkar (zaw-kar')
A primitive root; properly to mark (so as to be recognized), that is, to remember; by implication to mention; also (as denominative from H2145) to be male: -  X burn [incense], X earnestly, be male, (make) mention (of), be mindful, recount, record (-er), remember, make to be remembered, bring (call, come, keep, put) to (in) remembrance, X still, think on, X well.

So perhaps it means the former world won't need to be mentioned, not that it will be totally forgotten. Just guessing here ...

mercie

Re: No remembrance
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 04:54:08 PM »

Quote from: SandyFla
"That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes. For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy." - Isaiah 65:16-18

Does the part in bold really mean we will not remember our life in this world when the next begins? If so, of what use is the knowledge of evil in order for us to know good?

Love magnified gave a good response.

God says he will make ALL Things NEW with in the NEW Covenant, not just New Jerusalem.

Are we not a New Creation?

Mind is used here a couple of times.

so what are the Former things no longer remembered?

could it be this.

My understanding  is that the former things are the( LAW) old Covenant and the Ministy of Death) shall be remebered No more

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

the elements OF the world Burnt Up?speaks of a Doing away of the OLD Covenant

Gal 4:3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

Gal 4:9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

which leads to shaking of the Mind.

Hbr 12:27 And this [word], Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.  

Hbr 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Hbr 12:29 For our God [is] a consuming fire.

Luk 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

for the Converted,

2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

Hbr 12:29 For our God [is] a consuming fire.

Those former thiings which a PASS away for the Glory of the New Covenant.

Daniel

No remembrance
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 04:54:33 PM »

I see it as "the blessing of God" He addeth no sorrow to it. Knowledge and sorrow are closely linked. The more knowledge the more sorrow (Godly sorrow?). In revelation it speaks of neither being present. No more sorrow or "death". John speaks of passing from "death unto life". Knowledge being "done away" when the "perfect COME". Keeping in mind that the "joy" of the Lord is our strength and these being spiritual truths as I "personally" see them. I can see them (yet not after the flesh) but within the covenants as Love_maginfied showed.

To me it fits perfectly with the "rememberance of sins" the guilty conscience we are purged of. The accuser cast down out of our own experience. Having a willingness to live honestly before the Lord that our conscience does not reproach us. "I will remember their sins no more"

Notice the mountain Jesus said if you "had faith" you could remove? That in Revelation is the mountain burning with fire. The Lord same mountain descended upon in fire.

Its figuratively speaking of Mt Sinai. THAT is a "picture" of "The Law" which is "not of faith", same context Jesus was speaking of concerning it. That gets cast into the sea,

Now, if we have faith that we could move mountains (even cast them into the sea) but have not love we are nothing. What surpasses the form of knowledge by the law (which made nothing perfect) is the fulness of God (Love) being perfected in us.

These bring the very opposite of the sorrow he adds not to "the blessing". Death is passed from as John shows it as a spiritual truth. Gods comfort here overflows, His joy is made full in us. The "sting of death" is removed (our sins into the sea) and there being, "no more sea" in that regard. Its His coming to us that loosed the pains of it. No more pain.

So He casts our sins into the Sea (as He remembers our sins no more) and there is "no more sea". Why? If Mount Sinai is in "the sea" or as the law of sin and death (which worketh while in the flesh) is there. There with our sins (the blood of a dead man). Why would it need to be if it is not remembered with him. Thats our old man. He makes all things new. The Old and Former speak to what was rather then to what is and is to come.

Tough to word out, but offer for consideration. I know many have this diced up, as do I yet differently I supose. I see these as signified and of the revelation of Jesus Christ who pertains to the things spoken therein in relation to our salvation.

Being found in Him, not having a righteousness by the law but His. Our old man and older (first or former order) and "our sins" under it are remembered no more.

The first is "taken away" and He "establishes" the "New" the Second in Himself. Us in Him and Him in us.

Peace

Daniel

Daniel

No remembrance
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 05:00:24 PM »

Great post Mercie I overposted you :lol:  I see the same thing. Great to catch a glimmer of it in another as well.

Hbr 12:27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

I wonder considering the word "made" here. He was made of a woman under the law (the elements?) There are three that remain right?

Faith, hope and love, the greater being love (Greater is HE that is in us?) As in the "Fulness of God" I'm thinking.

Great verses, good stuff

Peace

Daniel

mercie

No remembrance
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 05:04:08 PM »

ith, hope and love, the greater being love (Greater is HE that is in us?) As in the "Fulness of God" I'm thinking.

Amen Daniel to the Above,

We did post at the same time, I just read yours, same understanding posted in different styles.

Great Post

rvhill

No remembrance
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 05:10:09 PM »

John 3:12If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

Why worry about it :?:

I for one am still working on earthly things :!:

Sam

All in all
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 06:41:18 PM »

Regarding the post which said "everything will be all in all"...  It's God who will be All in all (everyone who has ever lived)(I Cor. 15:28).  And what is God but love(I John 4:8).  And 1 John 4:16  And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.  Is that not a beautiful goal that the time will come when ONLY love exists?  No hate, no neglect, no impure thoughts, no laziness, no gluttony, ad nauseum.  God is love and that love is the fruits shown by Christ in us.  Just thought I'd throw in my two cents worth.

SandyFla

No remembrance
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 12:20:34 PM »

Just thinking this morning ... People who believe in hell have to believe we won't remember some things in the next life. After all, how could we be happy in heaven knowing that some of our loved ones are burning in hell? My mom used to tell me that we won't remember those people.  :( It's just another way they twist Scripture.

Sorin

No remembrance
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006, 01:33:56 PM »

Just thinking this morning ... People who believe in hell have to believe we won't remember some things in the next life. After all, how could we be happy in heaven knowing that some of our loved ones are burning in hell? My mom used to tell me that we won't remember those people.  :( It's just another way they twist Scripture.

Yeah but we know "those people" now, so who in their right mind... I take that back, who would want to worship a God that you know ( or think you know) will torture people like that. I mean do they not see how sick that is? I'd rather be in hell with my loved ones than in heaven without them.  :evil:

mustardseed

No remembrance
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2006, 05:57:24 PM »

It doesn't mean you won't remember your past life. You couldn't show mercy to others later if you don't remember what you've been through.

Rom 11:30  For as ye in time past were disobedient to God, but now have obtained mercy by their disobedience,
Rom 11:31  even so have these also now been disobedient, that by the mercy shown to you they also may now obtain mercy.

It means your sins will not be remembered by God.

Isa 43:25  I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake; and I will not remember thy sins.

Brett

Re: No remembrance
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2006, 01:00:40 AM »

Good question. What about,

2 Corinthians 5:10 NKJV

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad .

This verse show that we will remember what we have done after the resurrection. It does not say in Isaiah about person (we) will not remember. God will not remember our sins. I think it is about God Himself of what Isaiah said.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.