bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How much sin is to much sin?  (Read 5736 times)

rvhill

How much sin is to much sin?
« on: June 15, 2006, 04:24:14 PM »

Luke 17:4 If he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times comes back to you and says, 'I repent,' forgive him."

This seem to say there is never to much sin.

mercie

Re: How much sin is to much sin?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 04:31:05 PM »

Quote from: rvhill
Luke 17:4 If he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times comes back to you and says, 'I repent,' forgive him."

ryhil

Seven Means One .

Like the seven Churches in Revelation meaning One Church.

How many times ? Simply Forgive Him who asks to be forgiven when he asks for it.

rvhill

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 04:37:40 PM »

Quote from: mercie

ryhil

Seven Means One .

How many times ? Simply Forgive Him who asks to be forgiven when he asks for it.

I know what seven means, that is why I said. "This seem to say there is never to much sin."

rvhill

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 04:39:00 PM »

the flip side

Mark 11:25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins." [ Some manuscripts sins. 26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your sins.]

alchemist

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 04:50:20 PM »

the flip side

Mark 11:25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins." [ Some manuscripts sins. 26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your sins.]

well...
Mark 11:26. Omit "But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses" (the entire verse). T Tr WH N NA

not supose to be there but that doesn't mean that it's not true.As for the nuber 7 I think numbers have more than one meaning(contrary to mikes idea)such as the mark of the beast 666 or more properly said six-hundred-three score-and six.Because "six" signifies what is full, the word "to take a sixth part," came into use, by which, in the spiritual sense, is signified what is complete and entire; as that:--

They should offer the sixth part of an ephah out of a homer of wheat (Ezek. 45:13).

And it is said of Gog:--

I will turn thee back, and leave the sixth part of thee (Ezek. 39:2).

and if you read threw revelation a third were the one left behind so put two and two together and it makes...

Then agian this is only a theory

mercie

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 04:57:13 PM »

Quote from: mercie

ryhil

Seven Means One .

I know what seven means, that is why I said. "This seem to say there is never to much sin."

Yes, when someone sins against you forgive Him Indefinitely  when He asks.

ciy

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 05:12:34 PM »

Forgive them whether they ask or not.  We are to be the image of God.  Just like him.  Jesus said "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do." The roman soldiers were not asking for forgiveness.
ciy

mercie

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 05:16:28 PM »

Quote from: ciy
Forgive them whether they ask or not.  We are to be the image of God.  Just like him.  Jesus said "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do." The roman soldiers were not asking for forgiveness.
ciy

Ciy

Amen.

I was just  responded to Rys question, ones taken some flack the last few days for over elaberating.

Thanks for the addition :D

knuckle

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 08:28:58 AM »

hi all-----------

ciy wrote---------Forgive them whether they ask or not

it is one of the best things one can do for themselves.Grudges are heavy,they weight us down.I know sometimes they are hard to let go of,but they are so much harder to carry around.

much love--------knuckle

eutychus

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 08:48:50 AM »

hey all.

what a wonderfull gift forgivness is!!!

good words here, forgivness has changed my life. one area that finnally
became a reality is forgiving myself, Christ has so why not?

guilt is a killer, when we supress it it will have to come to the surface one day.

i am reminded of this:

2Pe 1:9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

i wont qoute all of it but  2 peter chapter 1 is beautiful.

Christ sets free, ALL glory to HIM

peace and love
chuckt

SandyFla

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 01:11:19 PM »

Great thread!  :)  This flies in the face of the ideology that you can "sin away your day of grace."

rvhill

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 01:31:20 AM »

Romans 5:20 The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more,
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.