bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Solomon wisest and richest man ever  (Read 7147 times)

rocky

Solomon wisest and richest man ever
« on: June 15, 2006, 04:40:41 PM »

Been thinking about Solomon, the son of David.  It is said that Solomon was the wisest and richest man ever.  Wondering, what does this  represent to us spiritually and the significance.  I wonder if it is along the lines of:  

The wise man built his house upon the rock???  

or, is wise and rich more along the lines of pride and arrogance.  

1Cr 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

eutychus

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 08:59:58 AM »

good day rocky.

remember talking to a new beleiver and soloman was a real stumbling block for him.
he couldnt beleive everything solomon was given and then in the end turned his back on God.

the flesh can truley be a stinker :wink:

not sure of the deeper meanings but for sure a lesson in how ALL go astray.

grace to you
chuckt

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 11:08:50 AM »

Good morning Rocky & Chuck,

A while back I remember looking into this and the short version of what I gathered was that Solomon who was given riches, power, wisdom an incredible harem, etc. was never really content.

In other words here was an example of a man who had every lust of the imagination fulfilled, there really were no "what ifs" in his life as far as what the world can offer, but as a very old man realized that without a relationship with the Lord it all counted for naught, that the true riches were found as we walked with Him.

I will look at my notes and get back to this when I am back home.

Joe

eutychus

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 11:17:20 AM »

Quote from: hillsbororiver
Good morning Rocky & Chuck,

A while back I remember looking into this and the short version of what I gathered was that Solomon who was given riches, power, wisdom an incredible harem, etc. was never really content.

In other words here was an example of a man who had every lust of the imagination fulfilled, there really were no "what ifs" in his life as far as what the world can offer, but as a very old man realized that without a relationship with the Lord it all counted for naught, that the true riches were found as we walked with Him.

I will look at my notes and get back to this when I am back home.

Joe

amen joe.

short versions always welcome

learning to be content with what i have has been a real blessing
to me.  
cant thank Christ enough :wink:

love
chuckt

buddyjc

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 11:37:30 AM »

I haven't studied this deeply, but in a way I see each king, Saul, David, and Solomon, as a progression of our faith.  Saul = natural man; David = called; and Solomon = Elect.  I don't know if this is correct, but it sure makes me think.

Brian

gmik

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 05:39:05 PM »

Quote from: eutychus
good day rocky.

remember talking to a new beleiver and soloman was a real stumbling block for him.
he couldnt beleive everything solomon was given and then in the end turned his back on God.

grace to you
chuckt

how Can solomon be the elect if in the end he turned his back???

mustardseed

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 05:43:50 PM »

Solomon was wise in the wisdom of the carnal world but had no wisdom whatsoever concerning the deep things of God. He learned that the wisdom of the flesh profits nothing in the longrun. Reading his thoughts in the book of Ecclesiates, he seems almost depressed over the fact that possessing all the worldly knowledge just wasn't as satisfying for him as he thought it would be.

Joh 6:63  It is the spirit that giveth life; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I have spoken unto you are spirit, are are life.

eutychus

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 07:24:15 PM »

Quote from: gmik
Quote from: eutychus
good day rocky.

grace to you
chuckt

how Can solomon be the elect if in the end he turned his back???

who said he was the elect?

we all have turned our back at one time or another.

thanks be to CHRIST :wink:

P&L
chuckt

gmik

solomon
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 09:09:56 PM »

Quote from: buddyjc
I haven't studied this deeply, but in a way I see each king, Saul, David, and Solomon, as a progression of our faith.  Saul = natural man; David = called; and Solomon = Elect.  I don't know if this is correct, but it sure makes me think.

Brian

Brian did!

eutychus

Re: solomon
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 12:51:32 PM »

Brian

Brian did!

oh, ok, :lol:

missed it sorry.

blessings Gena

euts/AKA chuckt

buddyjc

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 02:12:12 PM »

Brian

Brian did!

Everything written in the Old Testament is for our admonition.  They are examples, Gr. 'tupos.'  I did not say he WAS the Elect, but symbolized them, and I believe my quote was 'I don't know if this is correct, but it sure makes me think.'

Brian

eutychus

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 04:33:11 PM »

Brian

Brian did!

Everything written in the Old Testament is for our admonition.  They are examples, Gr. 'tupos.'  I did not say he WAS the Elect, but symbolized them, and I believe my quote was 'I don't know if this is correct, but it sure makes me think.'

Brian

thats cool brian.

i dont know if i am elect or not but dang i sure mess up alot :D

but it keeps me humble, and it keeps me seeking  CHRIST.

pressing forward and learning how to truely love.

PRAISE GOD.

P&L
chuckt

orion77

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 12:29:08 AM »

(Ecc 12:13)  Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His commandments; for this applies to every man.

(Ecc 12:14)  For God shall bring every work into judgment, with all that is hidden, whether it is good, or whether it is evil.

I love reading this book, it helps keep me humble and to know the knowledge imparted to us is just a small part of the truth that is in Him.

Because of this, faith plays an all important role, to rely upon His truth, knowledge and justice, because the day will come when I will depart, but He will still be here working.

God bless,

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 17 queries.