bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: on becomming selfless  (Read 3662 times)

gallenwalsh

on becomming selfless
« on: December 15, 2009, 08:38:47 PM »

I just want to solicitate some responses on this subject because over the years I have heard this as a generalized theme in the churches.Any one have any Idea where this kind of thing comes from? Is it at all scriptural? I am not aware of any of Ray's writings on this subject.Some of the sermons I have heard over the years have given me great pause concerning the abilities of man to actually become HOLY. I know of two ways of becoming HOLY as being set apart for a special purpose and as living the life ( if Christ lives in you ). There does seem to be a wrinkle in the garment when churches push GIVING to the point of being self destructive and down right stupid. They ask you to be a fool for Christ and give up the cash or anything else they can GET from you wether it be of time or personal possessions. They lay such self righteous guilt on you no one could ever stand under such scrutiny.They try to make you eat so much crap in the name of GOD you just don't want anything to do with it. At least I didn't.

Roy Martin

Re: on becomming selfless
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 09:39:55 AM »

Hello gallenwalsh,
 I can't give you some meat like others here can, but I would like to comment that dwelling on what the churches teach will slow you down on moving forward. Its a hard thing to replace these things with truth. It seems that you know they teach lies, so why be concerned with the past? Your eyes have been opened to the lies, and are being opened to truth. No need to be angry at the teachings you left behind. God blinds, and God removes the blinders. None of us were stupid when we were in Babylon. It was God that lead us there.
  I don't know anything about being holy, but I do know that we are being changed according to His plan and purpose. Transition from old to new. I don't know that that makes anyone holy so to speak but it sure feels better than being blinded.

Peace
Roy
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 01:42:24 PM by Roy Martin »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.