bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Somebody, Anybody, Please Help Me  (Read 16496 times)

longhorn

Somebody, Anybody, Please Help Me
« on: June 15, 2006, 09:25:40 PM »

Before I ask, let me explain:  I am the MOST computer illiterate person on the face of the earth and I promise that is not an exaggeration. Now, that being understood, what I would like to know how to do is:  How do you post a portion or all of a post from someone else and include that as a reference on your own post, I dont know if thats called cut and past or what.  Or if it is too detailed a question, is there a website with info. Any and all input from you good people would be MUCH appreciated.

Love in Christ
Longhorn  :oops:  :oops:

gmik

somebody...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 09:26:38 PM »

Me too Me too!!! :oops:

Sorin

Re: Somebody, Anybody, Please Help Me
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 09:40:05 PM »

Quote from: longhorn
Before I ask, let me explain:  I am the MOST computer illiterate person on the face of the earth and I promise that is not an exaggeration. Now, that being understood, what I would like to know how to do is:  How do you post a portion or all of a post from someone else and include that as a reference on your own post, I dont know if thats called cut and past or what.  Or if it is too detailed a question, is there a website with info. Any and all input from you good people would be MUCH appreciated.

Love in Christ
Longhorn  :oops:  :oops:

Well first you click on that word "quote" that's on that person's top right corner of his little box. Then that will take you to a new screen (should be a little white box with that person's quote already intect) and if you want to quote the whole thing you just click underneath all text and begin typing. When you're done you hit submit.

If you want to quote a portion of a person's post you have to take your mouse, left click and then hold and drag it across the entire part you want to copy, then you right click, choose copy. and then when you're ready to
paste that info that you copied you just left click on your mouse and choose "paste".

You could also quote a person's entire post and then break it up by using
this for example
Quote from: person's name
text in between

Now it'll show as person's name wrote: text in between :lol: but after you quote me you'll see what I did.

I hope this helps,
Sorin

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 09:45:33 PM »

Great job Sorin, you explained it better than I could have.

Joe

Sorin

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 09:50:04 PM »

Quote from: hillsbororiver
Great job Sorin, you explained it better than I could have.

Joe

Hehe. Thanks joe. 8)

longhorn

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 10:12:22 PM »

Sorin, A million thanks.  You explained that so EVEN I can understand it. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Longhorn

P.S. .........Thank you Sorin

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 10:17:01 PM »

Sorin, A million thanks.  You explained that so EVEN I can understand it. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Longhorn

Now lets see you quote me Longhorn :)  :)

Craig

Sorin

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 10:18:34 PM »

Longhorn

Wow! It was nothing really, but you're most welcomed Longhorn. 8)

Sorin

longhorn

Re: Somebody, Anybody, Please Help Me
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 10:42:32 PM »

Sorin is still my hero even if this dosen't work.

Longhorn

P.S.  sorry for the delay, I had to feed the cows.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 10:45:23 PM »

Are you going to take Craig's challenge or are we to wait until the cows come home?

longhorn

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 10:48:10 PM »

It's the simple things in life that bring us joy

Longhorn

longhorn

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 10:52:24 PM »

I get the little white screen with the persons quote in tact, but Im not understanding where to click next.  If I right click, the small screen with undo copy past and select all come up, so where do I go from there.

Sorin

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 11:01:53 PM »

I get the little white screen with the persons quote in tact, but Im not understanding where to click next.  If I right click, the small screen with undo copy past and select all come up, so where do I go from there.

If you got that then outside the box you scroll down a bit and hit "submit".

longhorn

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 11:14:35 PM »

Quote from: Sorin

If you got that then outside the box you scroll down a bit and hit "submit".

longhorn

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 11:16:03 PM »

Wait Sorin, that was a brain fart, ignore that last post

Longhorn

longhorn

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 11:22:26 PM »

Sorin, After I hit quote and the screen comes up with that persons quote in text, Next, I RT clicked and the 1 inch by 1 inch screen comes up with the following Undo, Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete Select all.  Where do I go from there.  Much appreciation for your patince, I warned you.

Sorin

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 11:29:13 PM »

Sorin, After I hit quote and the screen comes up with that persons quote in text, Next, I RT clicked and the 1 inch by 1 inch screen comes up with the following Undo, Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete Select all.  Where do I go from there.  Much appreciation for your patince, I warned you.

Well if you copied a persons text (as I mentioned in my first post) you will then click on "paste". Then the copied text should appear across the screen that you clicked on before right clicking and choosing "paste". You'll know where it's going to 'paste' because you will see a little vertical line blinking
in that area where you last clicked ( within the white box).

prarrydog

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 11:31:09 PM »

Longhorn

After you hit the quote button you will see this at the end of the person's quote - .[/quote].  Just hit enter a couple of times and then type something and click submit.  Learn the rest after.  Keep it simple. :lol:

Sorin

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 11:38:54 PM »

Quote from: prarrydog
Longhorn

After you hit the quote button you will see this at the end of the person's quote - .
.  Just hit enter a couple of times and then type something and click submit.  Learn the rest after.  Keep it simple. :lol:[/quote]

Oh was I being too technical? :oops:
My apologies.

longhorn

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 11:40:44 PM »

Quote from: prarrydog
Longhorn

After you hit the quote button you will see this at the end of the person's quote - .
.  Just hit enter a couple of times and then type something and click submit.  Learn the rest after.  Keep it simple. :lol:[/quote]

OH Well, Let's give it a try.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.